San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

>>01/26/2010: FP notice received (02/12/2010: FP Date)
>>01/27/2010: FP Done

howlongmore, hi.
please let us know where you did your FP, walk in I presume, and at what time?
Thanks.

>>01/26/2010: FP notice received (02/12/2010: FP Date)
>>01/27/2010: FP Done

howlongmore, hi.
please let us know where you did your FP, walk in I presume, and at what time?
Thanks.

Hi,

I went to the Charcot Ave center for San Jose. I believe I went around 2pm. There were at most 2 people there, so even though the security guard was trying not to let me go in, when I eventually talked to the manager, he really had no good reason to refuse.

Travel was the only reason that seems to be valid. I didn't have a ticket in hand, but what I told them was basically truthful: my boss can't send me on a business trip until I can get this done.

Hi,

I went to the Charcot Ave center for San Jose. I believe I went around 2pm. There were at most 2 people there, so even though the security guard was trying not to let me go in, when I eventually talked to the manager, he really had no good reason to refuse.

Travel was the only reason that seems to be valid. I didn't have a ticket in hand, but what I told them was basically truthful: my boss can't send me on a business trip until I can get this done.

That is very useful for me, with incumbent travel. May I also
ask you to add a word on how you adjusted the priority date.
Thank you very much.

That is very useful for me, with incumbent travel. May I also
ask you to add a word on how you adjusted the priority date.
Thank you very much.

I think my FP notice just had a different Priority Date from my Notice of Action. I believe the priority date will all adjust to the date they actually receive your application. Since everything is pretty much current, I don't think the priority date makes any difference.

I and my wife had our interviews on 3/31 in san jose. Our oaths are scheduled for 4/29 in campbell. But mine is in the morning and her oath is in the afternoon.
Does anybody know if it is possible to call, and have her oath time moved to the same time as me ?

Thx.

Received the oath letter yesterday. It is just for myself and we are still waiting for my wife's letter. I'm assuming it will be delayed because of the approved name change on her application.

My oath is scheduled for 4/29 in Campbell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a pleasant shock today. The oath letter for my wife came today and her oath ceremony is scheduled for the same day as mine (4/29). I was expecting a delay of a month or more because she had applied for a name change.

(Also cross-posted in January 2010 tracker)

case status check

I received NOA last week, but the status check seems to come back with
"Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status."
Here is the uscis page to check our
egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard/CaseStatus.do

Isn't the case status valid as soon as the NOA is issued ?

thanks
Sriram

Mother 92 years approved oath on 4/23

Hi All,
To day my mom got OL for oath at San Jose, CA. on 4/23/10. I will post a detailed post after her oath ceremony.

Cleared Interview

I am not an active user ,however regularly follow posts from this forum. I am glad to share that both myself and my wife cleared citizenship interview today.Interestingly they asked us to wait in the lobby to collect oath letters that is scheduled for 4/29.

I received NOA last week, but the status check seems to come back with
"Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status."
Here is the uscis page to check our
egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard/CaseStatus.do

Isn't the case status valid as soon as the NOA is issued ?

thanks
Sriram
Status update, myself and spouse:
DO: San Jose, CA
3/29/2010 N-400 Mailed
3/31/2010 Received Date (priority date)
4/15/2010 NOA received (post mark 4/12)
4/20/2010 online status updated to RFE (FP in reality)
4/26/2010 FP notice received (post mark 4/22)
4/27/2010 FP done (scheduled: 5/18)
5/22/2010 received IL (scheduled: 6/24)
5/24/2010 sent letter for re-schedule due to travel (uscis sj confirmed that this has to be done by mail only)

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my oath letter today in my mailbox, it was a surprise. My oath will be at Campell, are anyone going there too?

Thanks for everyone who give me plenty of infomation during my application .

I got my oath letter today in my mailbox, it was a surprise. My oath will be at Campell, are anyone going there too?

Thanks for everyone who give me plenty of infomation during my application .

Hello rsym,
Could you write a couple of words on how you got your FP done earlier.
Thanks.
Sriram

Hi Everyone,

I read ppl's advise and timeline here, and that was very helpful for my N-400 process. Just want to share my timeline with ppl who is in need. Thanks!

District Office: San Jose, CA
1/27/2010 N400 Application Sent
2/5/2019 Check cashed
2/6/2010 NOA received
2/17/2010 Online status changed to RFE
2/21/2010 PF notice received
3/3/2010 Fringer print Walk-in
3/10/2010 Online status changed (Original asigned FP date)
3/19/2010: IL Received
04/14/2010: ID (passed and got the Oath letter the same date for the Earthday Special Oath Ceremony)
04/22/2010: OD
04/23/10: PP appl in person
04/27/10: PP rcvd

Hi usaflyingeagle,

Would you mind posting your timeline?

Also all - seems like the time between ID and OD can vary a lot, does anyone know why?

Thanks!

My timeline: San Jose, CA

06/05/2010: N-400 sent to Phoenix, AZ
06/07/2010: N-400 received
06/16/2010: Check cashed
06/21/2010: NOA received
06/30/2010: RFE email received
Still waiting for FP notice......