San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

Folks,

I had my interview at San Jose today. It went really smooth. the Officer went through the application in detail and I passed the test.

However since I got my Green Card on the 17th of Nov, 2004 I was told that I could not be recommended immediately but would have to wait for the 17th of this month.

The officer then told me it will take a max of 2 months for the Oath to get scheduled. Has anybody gone through a similar experience. Also does anybody have their interview scheduled in December?

San Jose, CA
08/21/2009 - N-400 mailed to Phoenix
10/13/2009 - Fingerprints taken
11/10/2009 - Interview Passed
??/??/???? - Oath

So do you have to go again for interview or was their any problem being too Early? What did the paper say that he gave you?

Folks,

I had my interview at San Jose today. It went really smooth. the Officer went through the application in detail and I passed the test.

However since I got my Green Card on the 17th of Nov, 2004 I was told that I could not be recommended immediately but would have to wait for the 17th of this month.

The officer then told me it will take a max of 2 months for the Oath to get scheduled. Has anybody gone through a similar experience. Also does anybody have their interview scheduled in December?

San Jose, CA
??/??/???? - Oath
This is pretty standard. Just search for 5 year anniversary and you will see a bunch of folks who went through the same thing.

There might be some in early December (in San Jose office), but San Jose office pretty much shuts down for the Christmas holiday. There is no ceremony scheduled in Campbell. If you are waiting for your oath, chances are that it will happen in January.

Got OL today

Hi All,

08/14/2009: N400 Fedexed to Phoenix, AZ
08/17/2009: Receipt Date
08/21/2009: Check Cleared
08/21/2009: Notice Date
08/24/2009: NOA received
08/31/2009: FP notice date
08/31/2009: FP notice received
09/23/2009: FP date(done as scheduled)
09/23/2009: FP report sent back to USCIS from FBI
09/30/2009: Status changed to standard interview online
10/05/2009:IL received
11/04/2009:ID passed
11/12/2009:OL received :D
11/19/2009: OD

I am happy

Thanks

Done with the Oath and now a citizen

Hello folks,
We did our oath this morning in the San Jose office. Long line, and the actual process took just about 30 minutes.
Good luck

Myself and my wife attended the interview on Oct 22nd. I got the Oath ceremony letter on Nov 4th for Nov 19th in Campbell, but my wife haven't received the letter yet. We are little worried now. Not sure whether we have to keep waiting or contact USCIS. Advise please.

I'm in the same boat. we attended the interview on Nov6th. Nov13th I received the letter for Nov19 ceremony, but have'nt received my wife's. There was however some confusion in the interview for my wife. Interviewer specifically asked my wife if she was travelling during Thanksgiving and she said yes and Interviewer attached a post-it to her application saying december oath ceremony. For me the interviewer asked nothing and simply said if I cannot make the date (she did not specify when), I should return and ask for a re-schedule. I had no idea that I would be called within a week of my interview for the oath ceremony. Our travel plans are for thanksgiving week and interview is nov 19. it should have been no problem had my wife also received the oath ceremony letter. This is the first time that some commuincation from USCIS is out of sync for me and my wife. I'm not sure exactly what to do, since I have only 5 days left for the oath ceremony. The funny part is the oath ceremony letter does even contain an evelop as to where to return if I want to reschedule.

Applied 08/24
FP: 09/26
Interview: 11/06
Oath: 11/19 (scheduled)

5 year citizenship..

Folks,

San Jose, CA
??/??/???? - Oath

My spouse and I had our interview on 11/Sep. Same thing. Not yet completed 5 years so cannot make a decision. My spouse got oath letter in October and I got mine in November. Will be going for my oath tomorrow @ Campbell.

good luck,

mrm

Slight correction to my previous question, does anybody have their "OATH" scheduled in December ?
I am in a similar situation. I had my interview last week, but my GC anniversary is at the end of the month. The officer told me my application is put on hold and gave the N-652 with "a decision cannot yet be made". She said I should expect to have my oath in 2 months.

So how do you find out if you approve or not? Do they give you anything on the interview date?
Yes. The IO will give you the form N652 which indicates the results of your interview. He/she will check one of the following (wording may not be exact)
- "You have been recommended for approval"
- "A decision cannot be made about your application"

Hi,
I have one question about doc required for US Passport application. Do we need to provide Birth certificate while applying for Passport. I have my Oath tomorrow and planning to apply for the PP rightaway. Can someone recently applied for PP help? Thanks and appreciate the help.
- G

Any idea, why I haven't received my interview letter, although I got email on 11/12/09 as: This case has been sent for a standard interview.

Should I follow-up with USCIS or wait few more days.

Hi folks,
I got a text message and email on Nov. 14 stating that my application has been sent to the local office (San Jose) for standard review. I noticed that my online status had changed on Nov. 14 to reflect that. My last updated dated changed on Nov. 15, 16 and 17. However, the actual online message didn't change and I did not get any text message of email. Has anyone else had this experience? Does anyone know what this means?

ND Oct 23
FP letter recieved Oct 30
FP date Nov 19
Early FP done Nov 4
Status change to "case being sent for standard review" Nov 14
Status changes with no message changes or text messages or emails Nov 15, 16, 17

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
I have one question about doc required for US Passport application. Do we need to provide Birth certificate while applying for Passport. I have my Oath tomorrow and planning to apply for the PP rightaway. Can someone recently applied for PP help? Thanks and appreciate the help.
- G

Check the documents required from Dept of State website, it is a long list. In general, for a naturalized citizen, a birth certificate is not required.