San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

Thank you for your reply! I know I can sue them, but it takes a lot of time and I am very busy at work right now( Thank God!) I just mailed DHS-7001, will see if it helps.
They all tell me "FBI name check is still going" Nothing they can do about it.

10/02/09 : N-400 Mailed to Phoenix
10/03/09 : N-400 received at 11:00
10/05/09 : RD
10/07/09 : PD
10/13/09 : Check Cashed
10/13/09 : NOA Received
10/22/09 : FP Notice Received
10/23/09 : Walkin FP done.
10/30/09 : Walkin FP done (spouse)
11/13/09 : FP Date @ San Jose - Charcot Ave.
11/06/09 : Email - This case has been sent for a standard interview (spouse)
??/??/?? : Interview Letter Received
??/??/?? : Interview Date Passed
??/??/?? : Oath Letter recieved
??/??/?? : Oath Date US Citizen (done)
??/??/?? : PP applied
??/??/?? : PP Received

Last edited by a moderator:
Oath Letter received for wife

Oath Letter received for my wife today :eek:

I got my oath letter on Monday 11/02.

Timeline:

DO: San Jose, CA
Mailed N-400 to Phoenix: 07/31/09
PD: 08/03/09
FP: 09/08/09
Interview: 10/19/09
Oath Letter: Received on 11/02/09 for self; 11/06/09 for wife
Oath Date: 11/19/09 for both of us at Campbell

My wife went for her citizenship interview today at the SJ office. She had many years ago when applying for the driver licence ticked for registering to vote by mistake. SHe never voted and also got letter from the county the she has never voted. She also wrote letter explaing what happened. During the interview the officer brough that up and said that he will have to refer the case to his supervisor because of this. He said he is neither denying or approving the case. He also asked her to bring the marriage certificate coming Tuesday 11/10 as we had requested to change the her last name to my last name.

What do you guys think of her chances? I am positive he will approve the case btu my wife is quite upset. My logic is why would he go through all the application and get her to sign everything and also ask to bring the marriage certificate in next few days if he is not going to approve it. Anyone had similar experience?

My wife went for her citizenship interview today at the SJ office. She had many years ago when applying for the driver licence ticked for registering to vote by mistake. SHe never voted and also got letter from the county the she has never voted. She also wrote letter explaing what happened. During the interview the officer brough that up and said that he will have to refer the case to his supervisor because of this. He said he is neither denying or approving the case. He also asked her to bring the marriage certificate coming Tuesday 11/10 as we had requested to change the her last name to my last name.

What do you guys think of her chances? I am positive he will approve the case btu my wife is quite upset. My logic is why would he go through all the application and get her to sign everything and also ask to bring the marriage certificate in next few days if he is not going to approve it. Anyone had similar experience?

I think your chances are good. But no need to be surprised or upset - if your case has any abnormality, however small, the CIS has a right to investigate this further and approve only when they are satisfied. Of course, they have time limits in which to do this, but the bottom-line is that they need to do these checks to their satisfaction. Voting without being a citizen is a serious offense, but luckily she does not fall under that category, and it was just a registration by mistake. I guess the file will go to the supervisor once they have all the documents. This will add 2-3 weeks to the processing and it is very likely they will approve your wife thereafter.

Soon to be US citizen

OK, yesterday Nov 5th I got my oath letter in the mail for the 11/19 oath ceremony in Campbell. I did my interview on October 22nd, the letter was dated and posted on October 30th. For some reason, the mail was ultra-slow! I took my FP on September 12th.

Good luch to everygody!

Any one waiting for Oath Ceremony letter who did their interview around Oct 22nd in San Jose?

Myself and my wife attended the interview on Oct 22nd. I got the Oath ceremony letter on Nov 4th for Nov 19th in Campbell, but my wife haven't received the letter yet. Just wanted to check if anyone else is in the same situation.

Hi all:

My wife and I are both scheduled for oath ceremony on Thursday Nov 19 at 1.00pm in Campbell. Our 5 year old has school till 2.30pm. The school is about 30min drive from Campbell.

1) Is the naturalization ceremony likely to be done by 2pm?

2) If it is likely to go longer, do we have the option of taking our son to the ceremony. Do we have to ask USCIS for permission to do so? We can pull him out of school early, but cannot leave him there past 2.30pm

Timeline:

DO: San Jose, CA
Mailed N-400 to Phoenix: 07/31/09
PD: 08/03/09
FP: 09/08/09
Interview: 10/19/09
Oath Letter: Received on 11/02/09 for self; 11/06/09 for wife
Oath Date: 11/19/09 @ 1pm for both of us at Campbell

Hi all:

1.00pm in Campbell. Our 5 year old has school till 2.30pm. The school is about 30min drive from Campbell.

1) Is the naturalization ceremony likely to be done by 2pm?

2) If it is likely to go longer, do we have the option of taking our son to the ceremony. Do we have to ask USCIS for permission to do so? We can pull him out of school early, but cannot leave him there past 2.30pm

We had the same 1PM appointment last month and our son's school was till 2.30pm. This is what we did,

We picked our son from school at 12PM. For the ceremony, visitors are allowed inside. Adult visitors are seated in gallery, but kids can stay with us. So, our son sat with us and enjoyed the ceremony.
We were done with ceremony and out by 2.15PM..

Take your son to the ceremony, it is a good experience for them too. Your child can sit with you. Only issue is that you'll be busy keeping him under control :)

Thank you both for your responses.

So, looks like we can take our son to the Oath ceremony without any special permission from USCIS. Am I correct?

Of course, as Huracan stated, we will spend all our time keeping him under control. He is 5, and cannot sit still for too long. How formal is the ceremony? Do lots of people bring their kids with them (in which case USCIS and others in the room will be more tolerant of our kid's presence)

Thank you both for your responses.

So, looks like we can take our son to the Oath ceremony without any special permission from USCIS. Am I correct?

Of course, as Huracan stated, we will spend all our time keeping him under control. He is 5, and cannot sit still for too long. How formal is the ceremony? Do lots of people bring their kids with them (in which case USCIS and others in the room will be more tolerant of our kid's presence)

I took my kids, one in the same age range. People bring kids. The room is big and was not full so had space. You will need to contain him, but they do not require absolute silence.

The status is usually not updated once an application past the "scheduled for interview" stage. Mine status and many others in this forum have not been updated even though we have already got a letter for Oath Ceremony.

One more advice for those who are applying under "Marriage with a US-Citizen": BRING YOUR SPOUSE WITH YOU IF POSSIBLE. I learned it the hard way by not doing so and ended up sending in all the documentary proof of marriage later and waited nervously for an answer.

To those of us who were scheduled for Nov 19th Oath Ceremony, See you there fellow citizens :)

Any one waiting for Oath Ceremony letter who did their interview around Oct 22nd in San Jose?

Myself and my wife attended the interview on Oct 22nd. I got the Oath ceremony letter on Nov 4th for Nov 19th in Campbell, but my wife haven't received the letter yet. We are little worried now. Not sure whether we have to keep waiting or contact USCIS. Advise please.

Any idea why my status is not updated, although we have already gotten the interview letter for my wife.

Hey Sal 2002, I see you did your walk in fingerprint on October 30 and go the interview letter already. I did my walk in finger print on November 4 so I guess I should be getting mine soon too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Folks,

I had my interview at San Jose today. It went really smooth. the Officer went through the application in detail and I passed the test.

However since I got my Green Card on the 17th of Nov, 2004 I was told that I could not be recommended immediately but would have to wait for the 17th of this month.

The officer then told me it will take a max of 2 months for the Oath to get scheduled. Has anybody gone through a similar experience. Also does anybody have their interview scheduled in December?

San Jose, CA
08/21/2009 - N-400 mailed to Phoenix
10/13/2009 - Fingerprints taken
11/10/2009 - Interview Passed
??/??/???? - Oath