San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

Posting in the San Jose tracker:

Hi,
I recently submitted my N400 and did mention my single traffic violation (failed to stop at red light before right turn, dismissed after taking traffic school).

I am looking for any experiences from applicants in the San Jose DO with traffic violations:
- Mentioned in N400 ?
- Did IO ask about it ?
- Is a court disposition required in the interview (fine < $500, no arrest) ?
(All I have is a online printout from the court's website, and seems like requesting a certified disposition from Santa Clara court is not that easy -> stand in > 100 long line, apply -> wait for 4/6 weeks).

Thanks,
-cd

I mentioned it in N-400 and IO did ask about it. Didn't ask for proof of disposition. There's a thread / poll about traffic ticket. You might want to search for it. Minor traffic tickets (e.g. speeding) is not a big deal.

I got my oath letter on Monday for Nov 19 at Campbell. My wife has not yet received her oath letter despite both of us having interview on the same date.

We are getting a little concerned because we have bought tickets to go to India on Dec 26. We have a very tight timeline for applying for US passport and then Indian visa.

Would it help matters for her to take an Infopass appt to explain the circumstances and request Nov 19 oath? It would make our life complicated if she does not get oath letter for Nov 19, but gets pushed into December.

Timeline:

Mailed N-400 to Phoenix: 07/31/09
PD: 08/03/09
FP: 09/08/09
Interview: 10/19/09
Oath Letter: Recieved on 11/02/09 for me, wife not yet received
Oath Date: 11/19/09 for me; Wife: ??

I got my oath letter on Monday for Nov 19 at Campbell. My wife has not yet received her oath letter despite both of us having interview on the same date.

We are getting a little concerned because we have bought tickets to go to India on Dec 26. We have a very tight timeline for applying for US passport and then Indian visa.

Would it help matters for her to take an Infopass appt to explain the circumstances and request Nov 19 oath? It would make our life complicated if she does not get oath letter for Nov 19, but gets pushed into December.

Partially replied in another thread just now. Wait a couple of days, then you can try INFOPASS for sure. They may or may not oblige, but I am sure they will listen.

Also, it is likely the letter will arrive in a day or two - but you have different timings for oath - as long as it is in Campbell - request the oath screener to accommodate you together (on the day of the oath) - they will.

Partially replied in another thread just now. Wait a couple of days, then you can try INFOPASS for sure. They may or may not oblige, but I am sure they will listen.

Also, it is likely the letter will arrive in a day or two - but you have different timings for oath - as long as it is in Campbell - request the oath screener to accommodate you together (on the day of the oath) - they will.

Thanks for your input. Do you (or anyone else) know if any oath ceremony has been scheduled for December in San Jose area. If yes, which date? Is there a website which mentions the oath ceremony dates?

Thanks for your input. Do you (or anyone else) know if any oath ceremony has been scheduled for December in San Jose area. If yes, which date? Is there a website which mentions the oath ceremony dates?

http://www.ci.campbell.ca.us/heritagetheatre/events.htm - this used to the place to go to in olden days - but this does not show a schedule for december.

However, San Jose has recently been doing a lot of ceremonies in their offices ... the above may or may not mean anything.

I applied N-400 in Aug 09, and had my interview at SJ yesterday. I passed the English and Civics test, but the immigration officer gave me a letter with the following ticked "A decision cannot be made right now etc." and told me that my case was pending some security checks that should have been done but were not, and so I have to wait till that is completed. Does someone know what he was talking about? (He just asked me to wait for 3 months.) Thanks!

It could be name check, or IBIS check. I doubt it can be fingerprint verification. Wait for a couple of months and if you don't hear anything by then schedule an Infopass and try to find out what's going on.

I applied N-400 in Aug 09, and had my interview at SJ yesterday. I passed the English and Civics test, but the immigration officer gave me a letter with the following ticked "A decision cannot be made right now etc." and told me that my case was pending some security checks that should have been done but were not, and so I have to wait till that is completed. Does someone know what he was talking about? (He just asked me to wait for 3 months.) Thanks!

Sorry to hear it! I am in the worth situation. Interview passed 10/17/2008- yes
more then one year ago. Still no Oath letter. The rest of my family - husband and children became US citizens 1 month after the interview. Called many times, went to San Jose local office twice, buy the way they were very rude . I got an answer :eek:ne year is nothing, some people wait for 5 years- this is was a supervisor answer.
So , here I am. I am not event from one of "those "countries they don't like now days. And I have been to US 18 years without leaving country- just FYI.
But I wish you luck!!

If you have already had your interview you can go ahead and sue them 120 days after the interview. You are way past that. Do they tell you what is the cause of the delay?