San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

Oath Letter received for my spouse (and not for me) today. Oath is scheduled on Sep 11th at Monterey highway office, San Jose.
This is pretty fast - we had our interview last friday (08/14).

Also, the letter came addressed with the new name which my spouse specified at the time of the interview.

That is fast. Also, I will have the interview on 9/11 the same day as your wife's oath day. I thought they don't interview on the oath day. Can I join the oath right after the interview?:p When is your wife's oath time?

lol - you are welcome to join - just tell your IO that you want to do that ;)

my wife was asked the question "what happened on 9/11" in her interview - and her oath is now scheduled on that day.

That is fast. Also, I will have the interview on 9/11 the same day as your wife's oath day. I thought they don't interview on the oath day. Can I join the oath right after the interview?:p When is your wife's oath time?

lol - you are welcome to join - just tell your IO that you want to do that ;)

my wife was asked the question "what happened on 9/11" in her interview - and her oath is now scheduled on that day.

Wow.... That was soooo fast! In one week she got the oath letter. Amazing :D. What's your spouse's IO's name? I hope whoever interviewed your spouse was the same IO who interviewed me.

Thanks everyone, I think sanjoseaug20 gave you guys the details on 8/20. We're still enjoying the new citizen feeling, I'll tell you, it feels great.

Application Update

Folks,

I just sent in my application this week. here is the timeline so far. Anybody else tracking their application this month?

--------------------------------------------------------------------
San Jose, CA
08/21/2009 - N-400 mailed to Phoenix (Fed-ex)
08/24/2009 - N-400 received (got the confirmation today)
?/?/2009 - Check cashed
?/?/2009 - Notice Date of Fingerpoint
?/?/2009 - Fingerprint Notice received
?/?/2009 - Fingerprints taken
?/?/2009 - Case File Review Notice dated
?/?/2009 - Case File Review Notice received
?/?/2009 - Request for Naturalization Interview dated
?/?/2009 - Request for Naturalization Interview received
?/?/2009 - Interview Scheduled

I just received the oath letter today.
Our interview was on 8/13/09 and my oath is on 9/10 (Thu) @ USCIS San Jose office. (1:30pm)
My wife had the interview on the same date, but her oath is on 9/11 (Fri) at 1:30pm.
Actually, it works better for us, because we don't need to worry about picking up our
kids from their schools ~3pm. So, we plan to have separate oath ceremonies.

DO: San Jose:

I have filed N-400 on 3 yrs rule. I got my green card under I-130, I was approved in 2004 for Green card and Succesfully removed conditions by I-751, Now our relations is geniun!!!

Today I went for N-400 Interview, I passed the test and he ask me someone evidence that me and my wife lives together , i gave him all, then Officer ask me, if my wife is here, I said YES, then He took my wife in sep room and ask her the questions!!, she replied all , but there were some differences in answer due to the bad memory of 4 yrs back!!! Person dont remember exact dates !!!

Now, he gave me paper with" DEcision cant not be made". He said I should get something in mail in 60 days!!

Now my question is what does this mean!!! I can get a OATH letter. Or my N-400 will be denied or Any risk to Green Card!!!??

Please advice

If you are applying for N400 on a 3 years based on a marriage to a US Citizen, you will be required to give documents that would show that your marriage to your spouse is not a "fraud". You need to show them tax returns, joint bank statements etc. They need proof that the marriage is authentic.
On my personal experienced, (N-400 is also based on a 3 years marriage to a US CITIZEN) though, we've been married for 6 years now, I didn't file a N400 3 years ago because I wasn't in a hurry to be a US Citizen.... During my interview last week, the officer kept on asking if my husband & i are still together etc etc... where does my husband works, date of our marriage, place of marriage... etc etc.. You should always remember those dates esp if those dates meant a lot to you.

Just wait for their decision, they might have some doubts of the authenticity of your marriage. I hope for the best. Please update us on what happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey folks ...I applied for Citizenship....my and my spouse's case number begins with NBC*...isn't that odd?
I always thought for california it begins with WAC...and all my previous stuff like GC and all was done in CA and teh case number began with WAC.

ANy ideas?

Time line:

08/17/2009 - N-400 received in Phoenix
08/24/2009 - Notice Received

Oath Letter Received !

Interesting - we are in the same boat !

I received my oath letter yesterday. Oath is scheduled on 09/10 (Thursday) at Monterey Highway, San Jose office at 1.30 pm.

My wife also had the interview on the same date as mine and her oath is scheduled on 09/11 (Friday) at 1.30 pm.

In my case, I would have preferred the oath to be on the same day for both myself and my wife rather than 1 day apart like this.

Never heard of oath ceremonies on 2 back to back days before here on the board as far as I remember. At one point, I was suspecting that my date was a typo or something ;)

I just received the oath letter today.
Our interview was on 8/13/09 and my oath is on 9/10 (Thu) @ USCIS San Jose office. (1:30pm)
My wife had the interview on the same date, but her oath is on 9/11 (Fri) at 1:30pm.
Actually, it works better for us, because we don't need to worry about picking up our
kids from their schools ~3pm. So, we plan to have separate oath ceremonies.

Hey folks ...I applied for Citizenship....my and my spouse's case number begins with NBC*...isn't that odd?
I always thought for california it begins with WAC...and all my previous stuff like GC and all was done in CA and teh case number began with WAC.

ANy ideas?

Time line:

08/17/2009 - N-400 received in Phoenix
08/24/2009 - Notice Received

Mine is the same. Begins with NBC

Case Number with NBC

Thanks kaisersoesce......what stage are you in the process?

Would you mind please putting your timeline?

I am just curious about the NBC stuff...when you go to see the processing times on the USCIS site NBC pertains to the 'National Benefit Center' or 'MSC' ....I believe ...no idea what that means

I am just curious about the NBC stuff...when you go to see the processing times on the USCIS site NBC pertains to the 'National Benefit Center' or 'MSC' ....I believe ...no idea what that means

Not only it starts with NBC, even the (*) next to it is considered a digit. You will figure that out when you check your status online. USCIS System will not accept your case# until you type (*)

greenmushroom, have you received your oath letter?

it's been two months and i haven't got mine yet. sick of these CIS people.

anybody else waiting?

Fingerprint notice

Not only it starts with NBC, even the (*) next to it is considered a digit. You will figure that out when you check your status online. USCIS System will not accept your case# until you type (*)

Does anyone know if the online status changes in case they send you a FP notice?

I agree. I was expecting WAC myself, however it was a NBC. My timeline is that my NOA is 8/11/09 and waiting for the FP notice. Crossing my fingers :)

Does anyone know if the online status changes in case they send you a FP notice?

Yes, for example it should read: "On August 24, 2009, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION:"

That means they sent out FP notice.