San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

Thanks ahsieh for restoring the tracker and your tips on passport application.

bkarth, San Jose DO processing times indicate they are processing applications with PD earlier than April 24th 2007. So far, only backlogged cases seem to have received oath letters. Since your PD is earlier than 24th, there is a very strong possibility for you to receive oath appointment as well.

Also, there are no address restrictions on passport application for any US citizen.

bkarth, San Jose DO processing times indicate they are processing applications with PD earlier than April 24th 2007. So far, only backlogged cases seem to have received oath letters. Since your PD is earlier than 24th, there is a very strong possibility for you to receive oath appointment as well.

crap... my PD is 5/1
I'm hoping they put me in March Oath ceremony.
So far there are 3 oath sessions on March 20th:
1pm
3pm
10am

crap... my PD is 5/1
I'm hoping they put me in March Oath ceremony.
So far there are 3 oath sessions on March 20th:
1pm
3pm
10am

Don't lose hope siliconhybrid. It's not like they won't schedule oaths for cases beyond their processing time limits. But, given that backlogged cases are getting scheduled first, indicates that they'll first try to schedule oath for cases within their processing time limit.

Received my oath letter today.
Scheduled on March 20 at 3:00pm at Campbell Heritage theater.
Still waiting for wife's letter though.

Siliconhybrid, I think you will receive your letter soon.

congratulations TblSpoon22 for the oath letter.

What is the ND for your oath letter? Also, did your wife interview on the same date as you did?

Thanks everybody for all the help....
Me & wife just finished interview today. It was quick. The officer asked preety easy questions. He said Oath for March is full. So most probably we will get scheduled for April oath.

congratulations

Received my oath letter today.
Scheduled on March 20 at 3:00pm at Campbell Heritage theater.
Still waiting for wife's letter though.

Siliconhybrid, I think you will receive your letter soon.

congratulations and Good luck TblSpoon22 for the oath letter.
I hope I get my letter soon, still no sign of it yet :confused:

bkarth

---------------------
04/17/07: FedExed
04/19/07: Received
04/19/07: Priority Date
04/20/07: Notice Date
05/10/07: FP Notice
06/14/07: FP Appt and Done
01/17/08: Interview
??/??/??: Oath

congratulations and Good luck TblSpoon22 for the oath letter.
I hope I get my letter soon, still no sign of it yet :confused:

bkarth

---------------------

Yes... Congratulations tblspoon, your PD is 5/15 with Interview 2/08. I can't wait to check my mail tonight. Please dear God let me be in March Oath.

This is really weird. My wife's oath got scheduled for 03/20. Although no sign of mine. Both of us have the same PD and the same interview date. So much for SJ being predictable :)

This is really weird. My wife's oath got scheduled for 03/20. Although no sign of mine. Both of us have the same PD and the same interview date. So much for SJ being predictable :)

Congratulations mrs. neon_lite. Can you pl. tell us the ND?

Looks like there is going to be rash of INFOPASS appointments next week... :)

Requirement to bring copies of documents for IV???

Passed our interviews this week. Overall a straightforward experience where the officers verified information on the form and asked the English language and US history/civics questions. They did seem to have at least perused through the file in advance. One officer was very friendly and the other was professional but courteous.

Hi Folks
My and my wife's IV is tomorrow.
Ours is a regular case where only GC, DL, and Passports (old and new) are to be taken for IV (photos are optional) as per instructions.

Did you *also* take copies of each of these documents? I did not see anyone mentioning that.

Btw they ask 10 Qs, do all of them have to be correct, or if you can't remember all 13 colonies, they ask another one in it's place?

Also since me and my wife applied using separate N-400s, i don't see any need to carry our Marriage certificate, as for citizenship we don't need it.
Please correct me if I am wrong.
Thanks and Best regards
nitinkrsri

Did you *also* take copies of each of these documents? I did not see anyone mentioning that.

We did take copies of GC and passports but they never asked about it.

Btw they ask 10 Qs, do all of them have to be correct, or if you can't remember all 13 colonies, they ask another one in it's place?
depends on the interviewing officer; but you are required to get at least 6 answers correct to pass the interview.

Also since me and my wife applied using separate N-400s, i don't see any need to carry our Marriage certificate, as for citizenship we don't need it.
Please correct me if I am wrong.
Thanks and Best regards
nitinkrsri

My wife was asked for marriage certificate (my GC is Employment based and she is a derivative beneficiary of that). She was not carrying it, but the officer had a copy in her GC file.

ATB.

it is a random process

Yes... Congratulations tblspoon, your PD is 5/15 with Interview 2/08. I can't wait to check my mail tonight. Please dear God let me be in March Oath.

I spoke to my lawyer friend in CA (San Jose), she said the Oath process is completely random, they don't follow any order like last name, interview date, country or PD, nothing.

After the interview our files goes to some other supervising officer and it will sit in his/her table, once they review it, the file goes to a pool and picked randomly and my lawyer friend said, she really can't understand how the random logic works. As siliconhybrid put it is in gods hand to make your name picked up by random system.

Waiting ....:(
-----------

Thanks Amicus

depends on the interviewing officer; but you are required to get at least 6 answers correct to pass the interview.

ATB.

Where did you get this info about at least 6 answers being correct (i thought all 10 have to be correct, which is not a big deal since they ask only from that list)?
But i am not sure about my wife, she keeps forgetting.
-nitinkrsri

Where did you get this info about at least 6 answers being correct (i thought all 10 have to be correct, which is not a big deal since they ask only from that list)?
But i am not sure about my wife, she keeps forgetting.
-nitinkrsri

Ah my friend ... you need to spend some more time on these forums. :)

I don't know the exact USCIS reference which spells this requirement, but I can assure you that I was not asked 10 questions. Most interviewers will not ask any more questions once you get 6 answers right (and they'll also not ask more than a total of 10 questions).

We practiced by listening to the audio CD that you get at the FP office and the pdf based flash cards available at USCIS website.

It's very difficult to not pass this test, unless one has a volatile memory (and needs to be connected to the power outlet on the wall).

nitinkrsri

Hi nitinkrsri,

I really don't think they will ask that question.
In my opinion, it is not reasonable to require you to remember all the 13 states.
I did not remember them all before interview:

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1847114&postcount=2853

Another question I was asked was about the bill of rights and immediately after I said "freedom of speech" my interviewer stopped me from giving more answers. He said "that's enough".
If someone has been asked to state all 13 colonies, please report. I really doubt that.
But then it is their interview and they can ask whatever they want; so don't blame me if they indeed ask this question.

One of my friends told me he got about 4 questions wrong because he did not study at all (what a brave person!), but he still passed.
So, read the Q&A in the booklet one more time before you go to bed tonight, and relax, you'll be fine.