Received Date : 08/01/2006
Priority Date : 08/01/2006
Notice Date : 08/08/2006
Receipt received by mail : 08/11/2006
Finger Print : ?????
Interview : ?????
Oath : ?????

Last edited by a moderator:
Any interview letter if FP date after 7/6/06?

Has anyone who was fingerprinted in San Jose on or after 7/6/06 received an interview letter? It seems that the most recent fingerprint date I have seen that claimed to have received an interview letter was something like 6/13. Thanks for any info on what is suddenly taking so long.

maliolani said:
Has anyone who was fingerprinted in San Jose on or after 7/6/06 received an interview letter? It seems that the most recent fingerprint date I have seen that claimed to have received an interview letter was something like 6/13. Thanks for any info on what is suddenly taking so long.

I highly doubt if folks who have gotten their finger printing done on or after 7/6/06 have received interview notices. There are plenty with June dates that are still waiting. Me and my spouse had our finger printing done on 6/22 and we are still waiting for our interview letters.

our FP was done 6/28 and interviews scheduled 9/26 and 9/27. We are in LA. I read in some other thread that CSC is only mailing IV letters if you pass the name check...dont know how true that is.

Did a walk in fingerprint at 122 Charcot Ave San Jose. They were pretty cool with the walkin and did not ask for any reason

Anybody who appeared for interview at San Jose in august has gotten oath letter yet ?
Asking again as i really need this info as i have some travel plans and need to make a decision.
thanks

N-400 Timelines In San Jose, Ca

N-400 Sent - 07/31/2006
Recd By USCIS Laguna Niguel - 08/01/2006
Priority Date - 08/01/2006
Receipt Notice Date - 08/08/2006
FP Notice Date - 08/09/2006
FP Scheduled Date - 08/29/2006
FP Date - 08/15/2006 10 AM (122 Charcot, Very courteous staff)
Interview Date - <waiting>
Oath Date - <waiting>

I appeared for interview on 3rd Aug and haven't received it yet.

bayareaboy said:
Anybody who appeared for interview at San Jose in august has gotten oath letter yet ?
Asking again as i really need this info as i have some travel plans and need to make a decision.
thanks

Are there any notifications from USCIS after Fingerprint & before interview notificat

Are there any notifications from USCIS after Fingerprint & before interview notification (i.e.) whether the fingerprint was succesful etc. BTW, does the interview date depend on the Fingerprint date at all or are they independent of each other. Thanks.

USCIS won't send you any letter to you for whether they have recvd back FP from FBI or not or whether they are OK or not. For that you have to call FBI (pl search the thread for their phone number as i dont remember) and ask them whether they have sent back FP or not. Normally thats within couple of days at most after you have taken FP.
Within 2-5 weeks after your FP, the online status changes to "At this time your case could not be found in system bla bla bla". Within 1-3 weeks after that you will get actual interview letter.
So in summary it takes around 4-8 weeks after your FP till you get interview letter (San Jose DO).

Good luck !

FBI Fingerprint check & Name check phone numbers

Thanks Bayareaboy. I searched this site for FBI check phone numbers but the search always returned the first post of any discussion, it didn't take me to exactly the post where it was discussed. I did some other Google searches and landed in another website laborlawtalk . There are some FBI Finger print check and Name check phone numbers:

1. IBIS (done by USCIS themselves) - this check has validity of 35 days -
this check is against IBIS (maintained by USCPC - Customs and Border Patrol)
using applicant's full name and date of birth (without place or country of
birth). This check is done by USCIS staff on the computer terminals
connected to IBIS. A no hit is termed "IBIS OK" in BCIS' jargon. An "IBIS
DNR" (Does Not Relate) is when a match exists but does not relate to the
applicant, which is, in other worlds, a no hit as well. IBIS is exempt from
FOIPA requests, that is, a person cannot use FOIPA to find out if his/her
name is in IBIS.

2. FBI Fingerprint (FD258) Ident against NCIC database - this has a vaildity
of 18 months, per a MOU between FBI and USCIS. Any applicant can call FBI
NCIC (Clarksburg, WV) at 304-625-3878 to find out if his/her fingerprint
ident. result has been sent back to USCIS. Work through various voice prompt
at this phone number to talk to a live representative. The results of this
check are normally returned within 24 hours for person with no criminal
records or outstanding warrants. No hit is termed "NO IDENT" in FBI's
jargon. An FOIPA request (with FD258/fingerprints) would reveal if an ident.
record exist or not.

3. FBI Name Check against Central Records System (CRS) - this check
basically meant to find out if the applicant has ever been subject/target of
any FBI investigation. There is no documented validity period for this
check. This check can take anywhere from 1 day to 1 year. No hit is termed
"NO RECORD" in FBI's jargon.An FOIPA request would reveal if a record exists
or not. FBI may not disclose full details but at least tell you if a record
exist. Also, presence of a record does not mean that it is something
negative.
For unknown reasons, FBI has been holding off name check requests from
USCIS for certain individuals until the applicants contacts FBI. Applicants
interested in checking the status of this check should fax a status request
to 202-324-3367 David Hardy, Chief RID Section, FBI Headquarters,
Washington, DC 20535 with his/her full name, DOB, country of birth, home
address, home telephone no., A# and USCIS petition number and a return fax
number. They normally respond in 10 days. David Hardy at FBI is the Chief
of RID section that handles Name Check requests. If anyone finds out that
the name check has been pending for a long time write a letter to Mr. Hardy
requesting to "expedite the processing of name check request from USCIS"
bringing to his attention the time period the name check has been pending.
In addition, you can write to Robert J. Garrity Jr. Executive Assistant
Director, Records Management Division at FBI Headquarters; Mr. Garrity is
Mr. Hardy's boss. Also FBI Headquarters main number is: 202-324-3000 (ask
the operator to transfer you to a supervisor in Mr. Hardy's section).

Hey ramarama...here's the phone number that I called the FBI at and got the information about whether my fingerprints were completed or not. Make sure you have your Alien number with you when you call.

1 304-625-2000, option 3 and ask them for the fingerprints dept.

Tentative timelines

From various post analysis, here is what I have observed, may I invite people to kindly confirm if it meets their trends

Finger Print date : with 3-4 weeks of your notice date
Interview letter: within 4-6 weeks after FP date
Interview date: within 3 months of your FP date
Oath date: within 4-6 weeks after your Interview.

Total cycle time from Notice Date: 4.5 months - 6 months.

Thanks,

DesPardes123 said:
Interview letter: within 4-6 weeks after FP date

This is not accurate as of the latest trend. There are people who have been waiting for 10 to 11 weeks. I am personally waiting for almost 8 weeks after FP was completed.

Tentative timelines

Takadigi - I posted some generic trends - in your case too - if there is nothing extra-ordinary- then you should be getting the Interview letter anytime to get done with your interview within the next 4 weeks - to keep the over all cycle times within 6 months . Best wishes!

I had interview today @ 1PM in SanJose. I reached 5 minutes early. As mentioned in this no forum, no cell phones,PDAs are allowed. I got a call 1.05PM and my interview was done by 1.15PM.

My case is not a typical one. I was out of the country for 1 year 10 months but I had N-470 approved. The officer didn't ask me about my absense at all. After I got congratulations and N-652 from the officer, I told (shouldn't have in hind sight) officer that I have N-470. Then officer told me my absense would have been problem but for this N-470.

Thanks happigal

happigal, thanks. I called that number and they told me the FP was cleared and sent back the same day to USCIS. I guess the next step is to just wait for the interview notice. With regards to name check, I called that D.C. number but they have discontinued giving status through the phone or fax. They only provide the status to the agency (such as USCIS) directly. There is more info on that in this website: http://www.fbi.gov/hq/nationalnamecheck.htm

userofimmi said:
I had interview today @ 1PM in SanJose. I reached 5 minutes early. As mentioned in this no forum, no cell phones,PDAs are allowed. I got a call 1.05PM and my interview was done by 1.15PM.

My case is not a typical one. I was out of the country for 1 year 10 months but I had N-470 approved. The officer didn't ask me about my absense at all. After I got congratulations and N-652 from the officer, I told (shouldn't have in hind sight) officer that I have N-470. Then officer told me my absense would have been problem but for this N-470.

Hi,
Were you out of the country for 1yr/10 months continuously? Was any stay outside more than 6 months? I ask because I was also out for about 2 years on a temporary assignment for a US based company but no single trip outside was for more than 6 month.
Thanks
Anami

Twice I was out of the country for more than 6 months, once for 7 months and other time for 9 months or so. If you have more frequent trips but not longer than 6 months, still IO can ask you to show the proof that you didn't abandon your residency, ie., show that you paid taxes for last 5 years or so and show mortgage/lease agreement of your US house.

userofimmi said:
Twice I was out of the country for more than 6 months, once for 7 months and other time for 9 months or so. If you have more frequent trips but not longer than 6 months, still IO can ask you to show the proof that you didn't abandon your residency, ie., show that you paid taxes for last 5 years or so and show mortgage/lease agreement of your US house.
Do you know when the oath ceremony is? My interview was a day later (on the 08/17/06). My N-652 says that my 'application has been recommended for approval', but I didn't get a date for the oath ceremony. I'm a little concerned about this because I heard from someone else who finished her interviewed at the same time that the officer gave her the date for the oath ceremony!