San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

Same thing here. My wife got the interview letter 7 weeks back and i am still waiting. What should we do? Our priority date is 21st april, 2006. Mine is in SFO office though.

r2ichennai2007 said:
Following is the timeline for me and my wife for the N400 app.

PD-04/04/2006 - Spouse - 04/04/2006
FP-05/10/2006 - Spouse - 05/10/2006
ID - Waiting - Spouse - 08/09/2006
ID-Interiview date

I would like to know what is currently going on San Jose. I and my wife applied together and my application is struck in Name check process. One of my friend's wife has applied one week prior to us and she is in same time line as my wife. I think INS is scrutinizing men's application more than women. Only god knows the answer. Interestingly my name is a generic first name and I dont know whether that has got to do with the delayed name check. My wife's name is a generic name and it is not as common name as mine. I think this may be the reason why my application is still held.
I contacted USCIS on the 1800....... number and same usual reply check the processing dates and if it is 30 days older than your case, we can work on your case and request for more check. When I called a different person spoke to me and she said it is pending on the name check. Anyways I hope INS does something about improving the overall name check process.

galaxy3 said:
I created account, added case and clicked (on receipt Number) to see the status. It shows me SAME page as I see online case status. The only thing that noted was the last update date is 05/07/06 in my account. Our PD was (4/28) and FP was done on 06/01. Cannot related with 05/07/06.
Anything I am missing ?

That's just fine. 5/7 date must a day or two before your FP notice date. Check the notice. My case is exactly similar. My FP Notice was issued on 6/6 and the last updated date is 6/4. So, it just means that your interview letter has not yet been issued. Just hang on there. You should get your interview letter anytime soon. Let us know when you get your interview letter.

AKMAGO said:
N400 received by them : dunno (didn't use delivery confirmation)

The priority date that is assigned by USCIS is the date they received the application. So, even if you did not use delivery confirmation, you can safely assume that N400 received by USCIS is the priority date on your original notice.

This is it. Today I received the Oath letter: August 23, 3 pm!
Five months and two weeks from filing to Oath! :) :) :)

McBV
Received Date - 03/14/06
Priority Date - 03/14/06
Notice Date - 03/28/06
Notice Received - 03/31/06
FP Notice Received- 04/17/06
FP Date - 04/29/06
Interview Notice Received 05/13/06
Interview Date 07/25/06
Oath letter received: 07/31/06
Oath: 08/23/06

Oath dates in Sep in San Jose

Hi All,

Does anyone know the oath date(s) for September? I read in some post that is on Sep 20th. How can I find this information, is there an official USCIS website for oath dates in each DO?

Also, there seem to be 2 oath dates in Aug. I know of Aug 3rd and Aug 23rd that friends of mine have got, is this true for each month?

Thanks,
J

Interview and Oath

My wife's interview took place today (08/01/2006) and her Oath is on the day after tomorrow(08/03/2006) at 8:30 am. Her whole process was confusing and frustrating to say the least (we had a lot of business travel plans upset by it) - Her initial Fingerprinting got cancelled internally by the system and was postponed. Her Interview was delayed for some reason. We finally caught a lucky break with the Oath following the interview.

Good luck to everyone else on this board who is still in the process.

--
vpartha

Dates:
Mine:
RD :Nov 28th 2005
FP :Feb 22nd 2006
ID :May 3rd 2006
Oath:May 18th 2006

Wife:
RD : Nov 25th 2005
FP : Apr 15th 2006
ID : Aug 1st 2006
Oath : Aug 3rd 2006

District Office - San Jose
Mailed application - 07/17/06 by certified mail
Received Date - 07/21/06
Check cashed - 07/26/06
FP Notice- 8/5/06
FP Date - 8/25/06
Interview Notice- ??? :confused:
Interview Date-???
Oath letter-???
Oath-???

Spouse
Mailed application - 07/17/06 by certified mail
Received Date - 07/21/06
Check cashed - 8/3/06
FP Notice- 8/14/06
FP Date - 8/30/06
Interview Notice- 11/30/06
Interview Date-1/25/07
Oath letter-2/7/2007
Oath-2/21/2007 :)

Last edited by a moderator:
There seems to be some sort of backlog forming at the San Jose DO. Until a few weeks ago, applicants were getting interviews scheduled within 4 weeks of completion of finger printing. Now, it appears that it is taking much longer. I am hearing about cases where finger printing was done in the first week of June and they have not yet received their interview letters. Even personally, we got our finger printings completed on June 22nd and even to this date we have not received our interview notices. That will be 6 weeks tomorrow. Oh well ... :(

name check status

Hello,
I just had an info pass appointment with USCIS on Monday. They mentioned they will not schedule an interview until the name check is completed. Gave a call to USCIS on August 2nd and they mentioned Name check is completed and I spoke with two representatives to confirm it. They mentioned currently San Jose is backdated to August 2005. I got little concerned and went to info pass appointment today. The officer checked my stuff in the computer and said name check is still pending. I am getting totally confused here on the whole name check. Is the 800 number is correct or info pass appointment is correct. On the good side, this time the officer took a copy of my receipt notice and mentioned a comment stating she will recommend to the other officer for scheduling an interview. Based on that comment I believe they are done with the name check (which was not done in the earlier infopass appointment). So hopefully I can get a relief if USCIS does some magic. It is frustrating when a lot of folks applied in June and got the IV letter and I applied in end of March. To add to the frustration, in the first info pass appointment, the officer told the case can take any where from 3 months to 4years based on when the FBI name check is completed. I dont understand what is taking this long for doing a name check. I have to thank this forum which was extremely helpful.

I am planning to go earlier for getting my FP done. The appointment is at 122 Charcot Ave, San Jose. Can anybody suggest good times/ week days to go for a walkin when the place is empty?
Thanks
Anami

Anami said:
I am planning to go earlier for getting my FP done. The appointment is at 122 Charcot Ave, San Jose. Can anybody suggest good times/ week days to go for a walkin when the place is empty?

We did our FP at that center at noon and the place was almost empty. There was just one person before us and our total wait was limited to the time we took to fill out the one-pager form that one has to fill out.

BTW, we did not do our FP ahead of schedule. It was done at the regular time as mentioned on the notice.

Today i had my interview at San Jose and i have gotten N652 form stating congrats and about clearing interview successfully :) Now the final step of this journey will be getting oath letter and going for oath. I am expecting oath next month.

Brief useful info about San Jose center (1887 Monterey Hwy) which will be useful for people soon to be appearing there:I reached around 45 mins before my scheduled time. There is ample parking space in front of building as well as on rear side. I had one back pack carrying all the supportive docs in a back pack. The security guy at front door allows to take that inside (but no cell phone/pager/laptop etc) and will look at your DL and interview letter. You have to passs through metal detector as you go through at airport. After passing through security gate, you have to go far right side to go upstairs for interview rooms. Right next to stairs, there are restrooms in case you want to use those.
Upstairs you have to put your interview letter in Window #1 tray. I put mine around 40 mins before my scheduled time and thought i will be called earlier. I was wrong and had to wait exactly 40-45mins till my scheduled time when one of officer called my name to take me inside room for interview.
TIP: Pure waste of time if you go quite earlier. I will suggest to reach there not earlier than 15-20mins.
The whole interview process took 10mins. First officer made me take small oath that i will state truth to all questions. Then he went through N400 form, made sure about entries in form confirming yes/no type questions also. In the end he made me write one simple sentence on last page of form. Then he gave me sheet containing 10 civics questions (10 out of standard 96 questions) which i answered all correct within few seconds. After that he made me sign on front of 2 photographs which i had sent with the form.
In the end he said me congrats verbally and gave me N652 form stating that i have cleared interview successfully and appear for oath within next couple of months.

I had taken lots of docs with me like credit card statements, bank statements, 3 yr tax returns/W2s, utility/phone bills, birth cert, SSN card etc. The officer absolutely did not ask for anything. The only things he examined were PASSPORT, GREEN CARD, DRIVING LIC. Don't forget about any of these 3 items.
I got green card after age of 26 and hence i did not take any selective service letter with me. Officer did not ask anything about that.

Good wishes to all of you !

How do I find out case file in San Jose DO or not?

Hello everyone,

How do I find out whether or not my file is been already transferred from CSC to San Jose DO? I did create account online. Do I get any notification?

At present, status available online is same since last 9 weeks and I am still waiting for Interview Letter and wondering whether infopass route can yield any information?

I tried calling 1-800, however, I am unable to reach to an agent whenever I call 1-800 number. Is there any specific number or option that I must choose to get to an agent. Automated answering system does not tell me any new information than what I see online.

Thanks

Just started my process yesterday.

N-400 timeline
DO : San Jose
08/09/06 : mailed to CSC
08/10/06 : N-400 Receive Date
- : Check cashed
- : N-400 Notice Date
- : FP Notice Date
- : FP Appointment
- : Interview Notice Date
- : Interview Appointment