San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

Waiting for Priority Date

Hi

I mailed my N-400 papers on 17th july by certified mail to Laguna Niguel . Got a receipt, 10 days later. But, till today I have not received any letter from them, giving my priority date.
In the case of my colleague, he applied more than a month ago...approx 25th june..but he too has not received any correspondence from INS.
Both of us, had put in "Present" in section 6B. For "To Date" for the most recent employer.
Not sure, if that is causing the problem.
There are folks who have applied much later and have received their priority dates and finger printing letters from INS.
Any suggestions, as to what to do in such a situation ?

Thanks
Anjalimf

I've just applied ~ 10 days back and also put "Present" in the "To Date" for employment history for current employeer. My check was cashed last week, still waiting for receipt/notice. So I am hoping that this does not create a problem.

I don't know what else can one put there, since present seems to the most correct response. If you put the date you are applying as the "To Date", that would imply that you were not with that employer after that date.

Any one else put a specific date for current employer in the "To Date" on the n-400??

I also noticed that the cashed check did not list a receipt number i.e. WAC*XX....

Reading some previous posts, people have stated that the cashed check has the receipt number written on it. Any folks who remember their cashed check, did the service center write the receipt # on the check b4 cashing? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
sfbayguy said:
I've just applied ~ 10 days back and also put "Present" in the "To Date" for employment history for current employeer. My check was cashed last week, still waiting for receipt/notice. So I am hoping that this does not create a problem.

I don't know what else can one put there, since present seems to the most correct response. If you put the date you are applying as the "To Date", that would imply that you were not with that employer after that date.

Any one else put a specific date for current employer in the "To Date" on the n-400??

I guess I can answer my own questions since I got the receipt when I checked my mail this evening :). So as far as my application is concerned, the "Present" did not seem to have made a difference. See my signature for timelines for the process to date.

I also noticed that the cashed check did not list a receipt number i.e. WAC*XX....

Reading some previous posts, people have stated that the cashed check has the receipt number written on it. Any folks who remember their cashed check, did the service center write the receipt # on the check b4 cashing? :confused:

The check had the receipt # listed on the front, however it was not in the WSC*00xxxxxxx format, it just listed the numbers xxxxxxx so I was confused if the check listed the receipt #. Similar to a few other posts for CSC my notice number starts with WSC too (CSC also uses WAC). Now the wait for the F/P notice starts ........

Hi sfbayguy

Thank you very much for the information. I feel a bit relieved..that putting "PRESENT" for the current employer will not pose a problem. I hope to hear on my priority date soon.

Thanks again

anjalimf

santa clara resident

Priority date: 5/03/05
Fingerprint date: 7/12/05

Waiting for Interview

Hi

I finally received a receipt from INS...that stated my WAC # and priority date.
Mailed on 18-jul-2005
My priority date is 28-jul-2005
Now , will be waiting for FingerPrinting notice. Hope it arrives soon

Thanks
anjalimf

dilipjaju said:
You mean got your Oath Letter? In your previous post, I think you are already done with your interview. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks, Dilip Jaju

You are right. Meant Oath letter, not interview letter.

Update: Fingerprinting

Here are my dates:
Mailed July 19, 2005
Recd. July 20
Priority Date: July 20
Check Cashed: July 25
Notice Date: July 27
Notice Received: July 30
Finger Printing Notice Recd: Aug 7
Finger printing appt: Aug 25

Thanks,
Kane

Can San Jose folks add their timeline info?

MrLA, anjalimf, Raju_lad, dilipjaju, and others..
This thread has been quiet for the last couple of weeks.

Does anyone have other updates?

Please share..
Thanks!

no news

CitizenKane said:

Please share..
Thanks!

No, unfortunately not.

CitizenKane said:

Please share..
Thanks!

Still Waiting for Interview...

CitizenKane said:

Please share..
Thanks!

...one more step to go

DO : San Jose
PD : 03/24/05
ND : 03/29/05
FP : 04/26/05
Int: 07/01/05
Recd Oath letter : 07/28/04
Oath: 08/24/05

I filed N-400 on Aug2 and got the PD of Aug 08.

Question for people who recently got fingerprint appointment. Does you status online (on ins website ) show that you've been sent the fingerprint letter ?

My status just shows that my application has been received and my PD. I wonder if they update later with fingerprint dates and interview dates.

Please help ..

santa clara resident

dad22 said:
I filed N-400 on Aug2 and got the PD of Aug 08.

Question for people who recently got fingerprint appointment. Does you status online (on ins website ) show that you've been sent the fingerprint letter ?

My status just shows that my application has been received and my PD. I wonder if they update later with fingerprint dates and interview dates.

Please help ..

I think you should not worry about that. This feature is probably not functional. My status online @ the ins web site shows only that they have received my application. It's not updated - i did the FP and now waiting for interview letter.

emlsc said:
I think you should not worry about that. This feature is probably not functional. My status online @ the ins web site shows only that they have received my application. It's not updated - i did the FP and now waiting for interview letter.

Thanx for the reply. How much time after getting the receipt did you get the Fp notice ?

Interview Notice Received !

Went to the mailbox late in the eve today, simply out of boredom, cause am fed up of sifting through the junk flyers.

Lo !and Behold !!!!! :)

Got the interview notice !!!

here is my timeline:

Filed at Laguna Niguel.....

N400 Applied: 6/27
Received by CSC: 6/28
Checks Cashed: 7/1
Notice Date: 7/8

Priority Date: 6/28

Fingerprint Notice Date: 7/15
Fingerprint Done: 8/2 @ INS Oakland

Interview Notice Date: 8/19
INTERVIEW DATE: 10/27 @ OAKLAND

Cheers !

vinnycha said:
Went to the mailbox late in the eve today, simply out of boredom, cause am fed up of sifting through the junk flyers.

Lo !and Behold !!!!! :)

Got the interview notice !!!

here is my timeline:

Filed at Laguna Niguel.....

N400 Applied: 6/27
Received by CSC: 6/28
Checks Cashed: 7/1
Notice Date: 7/8

Priority Date: 6/28

Fingerprint Notice Date: 7/15
Fingerprint Done: 8/2 @ INS Oakland

Interview Notice Date: 8/19
INTERVIEW DATE: 10/27 @ OAKLAND

Cheers !

You broke all the records: 4 months from PD to ID. Congratulations!

dad22 said:
Thanx for the reply. How much time after getting the receipt did you get the Fp notice ?
If you browse the postings, you will see that varies widely: from two weeks to few months. I don't remember the actual date, but approximately two months.

abhatt said:
...one more step to go

DO : San Jose
PD : 03/24/05
ND : 03/29/05
FP : 04/26/05
Int: 07/01/05
Recd Oath letter : 07/28/04
Oath: 08/24/05

Took our oath today...we are very happy to be US citizens.
We would like to thank everyone on this forum for sharing
their experience, it helped us a lot. We never had to look at
any other source, for information regarding any questions we
had during this process. This is a wonderful forum. Keep it going
guys.
We wish you all good luck and hope everyone will get their
citizenship soon.

emlsc said:

Same experience here. FP date does not get updated on the ins web site.
PD: 06/03/05
FD: 07/20/05 - San Jose