San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

lively said:
Does anyone know anybody who's FD was more than 2 months after petition. I have checked numrous threads and everbody is seems to be getting the FD around 1-1.5 months after PD and mine petition was on march 10 and I havent even recieved the notice for FD yet. I called the INS and got the standard reply,"Nothing to worry,FD can even be two days before the interview". Any comments Please.

Also the internet does not show my case status and the INS representative said sanjose office may not have internet capabilty for case status update(I thought I am living in silicon valley..!!!).can you guys check your status online?
I live in tennessee. I had my FP notice 3 months after the priority date!

Differences in FD Time

Dont know if this makes sense, but interested to know if the time to get FD depends on how much material is provided when filing. If one files a lot of documents just to be safe, could this takes more time for INS to process and so a longer wait time for FD.

I file the minimum and I get FD

san jose n400

my intv date is set for june30 2005. However I need to go to india in the moth of july-august.

Question is: what is the time difefernce between interview and oath AND is there any risk in travelling to india between the interview and oath?

Thanks

panzer

I live in Fremont.

PD Nov 29, 2004
FP Jan 06, 2005
Interview Date:Apr 29, 2005 in SFO (630 sansome st,SFO. 5 mins walk from BART Emabarcedero station)

Interview was successful.

Officer said "you would be getting the oath ceremony letter in 4-8 weeks"?

Is this true?

panzr_ldr said:
my intv date is set for june30 2005. However I need to go to india in the moth of july-august.

Question is: what is the time difefernce between interview and oath AND is there any risk in travelling to india between the interview and oath?

Thanks

panzer

I think it is upto you on when u want to take the oath. I see no risk.

Hi!

This is for San Jose, not San Francisco.

My timeline is approx same as yours, all dates are ~1 month earlier.

My oath is scheduled for this month. Judging by that, yours might
be scheduled for June.

teluguone said:
I live in Fremont.

PD Nov 29, 2004
FP Jan 06, 2005
Interview Date:Apr 29, 2005 in SFO (630 sansome st,SFO. 5 mins walk from BART Emabarcedero station)

Interview was successful.

Officer said "you would be getting the oath ceremony letter in 4-8 weeks"?

Is this true?

what is your timeline march

March75 said:
Hi!

This is for San Jose, not San Francisco.

My timeline is approx same as yours, all dates are ~1 month earlier.

My oath is scheduled for this month. Judging by that, yours might
be scheduled for June.

Hi march, Which month did you apply for n-400, can you share your timeline here please.

Sorry lively,

Don't remember the exact dates. I don't have the papers with me here.

Approx timeline as follows:

Apply in Oct 2004
FP in Dec 2004
Int in Apr 2005
Oath in May 2005 (scheduled)

lively said:
Hi march, Which month did you apply for n-400, can you share your timeline here please.

waiting for oath

Priority Date: Oct 26, 2004
Interview Date: May 3rd, 2005
I was told by the interviewer, that letter for oath should take anywhere between 1-4months.

March75,

Would you mind sharing with us where the oath ceremony is going to take place in sjc. That way, we can look at the calendar of that center for future events.

Preparing to file application during last week of May..

Nice to see few members sharing their dates to give some idea to others. We (myself and spouse) are planning to file N400 application during last week of May. I will definitely share my timeline along the process.

Stay tuned..

I live in Fremont.

PD Nov 29, 2004
FP Jan 06, 2005

Naturalization Oath Ceremony(Scheduled Date): May 24, 2005 (Masonic Center, SFO)

Wow that's very fast. Lively, did you get your FP notice? I am done with filling out applications, and will be filing it on May 18th.

Looks like San Jose DO is moving fast. We too got Interview letters for July 01, '05 last Saturday 5/13.

PD : 03/24/05
ND : 03/29/05
FP : 04/26/05
Interview Scheduled : 01 July 25

No finger prints yet

dilipjaju said:
Wow that's very fast. Lively, did you get your FP notice? I am done with filling out applications, and will be filing it on May 18th.

I have not even got fingerprints yet. I even had an appoinment at the San Jose Sub Office and they told me not to worry," my case is progressing at normal pace". Does any of you have any suggestions. I am filing an inquiry next week.

lively said:
I have not even got fingerprints yet. I even had an appoinment at the San Jose Sub Office and they told me not to worry," my case is progressing at normal pace". Does any of you have any suggestions. I am filing an inquiry next week.

Lively,

I feel sorry for you. Not sure, but you may want to contact INS office at Laguna Niguel, CA. I think they send out FP notices. You may want to write a letter to them giving details about your case and ask how much time it will take to get FP notice.

Regards,