San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker

GCpuzzles said:
Now, my application will end soon and I am worry about how to file i140 and i485. I am EB-2 and I will file concurrently.

My questions are:

1. Should I file in Cal or texas service center? I recall I read a article saying that I need to file in Cal and transfer to Texas, is that true and in which stage i can transfter my application?

CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER, Because your LC is from CA you have to file I-140 from CSC.. You have option to file I-485 from TSC if you want (why!!!) as your resi address in TX.. Its better to file both from CSC

2. My address and W-2 information are all in Texas, will this be a problem for Cal service cneter if I file over there.

Your current address/W-2 does not matter as GC is for future Job

3. What else I need to pay particular attention to for my situation?

Nothing.. Just make sure you company answers to any questions by USCIS that they are offering job to you in California (as said in LC) once you get GC.. that's it
Please share your thoughts on this and I apprecate your suggestions and input.

thanks very much!

Mahi

chandrajp said:
There are still about100-150 cases of March 31
I mean where do you check these numbers
I have sent a private message yesterday to you (chandrajp) on hw to find the case status.

If you know the case#, then dial this # 415 975 4617 and when prompted enter 1 and again 1
and now it prompts for case#, enter your case#, and you will hear the status of the case.

All Case details Received by DOL from 1996 - until certain date in 2003 can be found at http://archive.flcdatacenter.com/casesearchperm.asp

confused again ... need some explanation ...

While reading some information on the other website ... regarding how PERM will affect the priority date .

3/28 is the official start date for PERM , and 40 to 60 days, applicant will receive the approval or denial (let's say 5/28 ) ... so now the person is going to file I140 and I485 and get a preiority date .

While that is happening, BRC cases are still waiting to start ... :confused:

Does this mean people with cases in BRC will have a later priority date because of PERM applicants ?

If that is the case, how can they assure a fair treatment ? :mad:

chinglun said:
While reading some information on the other website ... regarding how PERM will affect the priority date .

3/28 is the official start date for PERM , and 40 to 60 days, applicant will receive the approval or denial (let's say 5/28 ) ... so now the person is going to file I140 and I485 and get a preiority date .

While that is happening, BRC cases are still waiting to start ... :confused:

Does this mean people with cases in BRC will have a later priority date because of PERM applicants ?

If that is the case, how can they assure a fair treatment ? :mad:

Your PD is the date you applied for labor certification under old and new system. So yes PERM cases will get to I-140/I-485 stage first but if there is regression of visa numbers, your PD would be earlier than that of a PERM filer.

3 letter option

Hi All,
How many are still waiting feedback from great great DOL after reponse of 3 option letter. My employer submitted response mid october,2004. Still waiting in limbo.

Thanks,

Waiting too!

Waiting_LC_GC said:
Hi All,
How many are still waiting feedback from great great DOL after reponse of 3 option letter. My employer submitted response mid october,2004. Still waiting in limbo.

Thanks,

I am waiting....Lawyer submitted inquiry too...no response.
Now he faxed inquiry to DOL/AILA liason. I am not expecting any response from these useless bas**rds

mogambo2495 said:
I am waiting....Lawyer submitted inquiry too...no response.
Now he faxed inquiry to DOL/AILA liason.

Let's keep hope live. BTW, What is the faxnumber of DOL/AILA liason. What is the procedure of such inquiry ? After how much time,lawyer can make such query ? Can Employer able to send such query ?

Waiting_LC_GC said:
Let's keep hope live. BTW, What is the faxnumber of DOL/AILA liason. What is the procedure of such inquiry ? After how much time,lawyer can make such query ? Can Employer able to send such query ?

I dont know the fax#(Lawyer does). After waiting for about 2 months to 3-option letter, you should be able to inquire about the case. After waiting for about 3 week for DOL response, you can trigger an inquiry to Liason. This is per my understanding....not sure though. I guess employer is can do DOL inquiry(as he is equally empowered). I dont think employer can do AILA/DOL liason inquiry since it is AILA liason(lawyer association)

to PERM or not?

It seems more and more clear that within 1 year, BEC won't adjudicate CA RIR case even with the earliest PD May 2002.

They won't start adjudicate the end of summer. That's 5 months. And even they start, there will be some case from NY (big state and huge back log to 2001!), and also Non-RIR (can any one give an estimate of the number?). And BEC tend to never fullfill their promise... What they did is putting off the time table again and again!

It might be time to take a serious look at PERM. Any one please give an assessment?

1. To start PERM? How many options do we have? Can we start a new PERM while case pending or we have to convert current pending case to PERM?

2. What is the upside of PERM? How long does PERM take start from advertising to final approve?

3. What is the downside of PERM? It seems losing PD will be one factor. However if EB2 still keeps current, seems this will not cause problem.

4. Compared to Regular LC, how about the requirement of PERM? Will it be more difficult to apply? In what aspect?

I know PERM may not be well understood and discussed on this forum. But I feel maybe it's time for most of us think about PERM rather than 45-day love letter from BEC.

Just take a look at the speed they input the data, print, seal the envelop and mail, you're never gonna believe those SOB can ever finish the job in 24 months!

Waiting_LC_GC said:
Hi All,

Thanks,

mine responded on Oct 25, but no reply so far.. no hope.. and my company doesn't want to initiate enquiry and I have no contact to lawyer..

I agree.We all need to be aware of the fact that BEC may take forever and those "love" letters are not something to cheer from... :rolleyes:

fogman1 said:
It seems more and more clear that within 1 year, BEC won't adjudicate CA RIR case even with the earliest PD May 2002.

They won't start adjudicate the end of summer. That's 5 months. And even they start, there will be some case from NY (big state and huge back log to 2001!), and also Non-RIR (can any one give an estimate of the number?). And BEC tend to never fullfill their promise... What they did is putting off the time table again and again!

It might be time to take a serious look at PERM. Any one please give an assessment?

1. To start PERM? How many options do we have? Can we start a new PERM while case pending or we have to convert current pending case to PERM?

2. What is the upside of PERM? How long does PERM take start from advertising to final approve?

3. What is the downside of PERM? It seems losing PD will be one factor. However if EB2 still keeps current, seems this will not cause problem.

4. Compared to Regular LC, how about the requirement of PERM? Will it be more difficult to apply? In what aspect?

I know PERM may not be well understood and discussed on this forum. But I feel maybe it's time for most of us think about PERM rather than 45-day love letter from BEC.

Just take a look at the speed they input the data, print, seal the envelop and mail, you're never gonna believe those SOB can ever finish the job in 24 months!

Perm pain?

The biggest problem with PERM seems to be that a software engineer/analyst and many other professions indeed aren't eligible for EB-2 by default under the ONET scheme ! This seems like the biggest hurdle in taking the risk of losing PD in favor of *potentially* faster labor processing (hope perm is faster !! who knows for sure?). Only business necessity justification can make us eligible for EB-2 is my understanding - and what will happen if perm folks audit "business necessity" applications. Anybody know otherwise ?

fogman1 said:

rajhmal said:
my DOL RD is APR 14

Mine is APR 24.

Offtopic: By the way, why is there a perception that BECs are going to improve situation? It is the same people and AFAIU the same budget. So far the only outcome was that the processing stopped for at least 6 months min.

Same for PERM - when was it last time that changes in the immigration area improved anything? We begin hearing that "PERM may be not that fast" already. I wonder how this not-so-fast is going to look like...

niv said:
mine responded on Oct 25, but no reply so far.. no hope.. and my company doesn't want to initiate enquiry and I have no contact to lawyer..
Hi,
I am waiting too and have given up all hope, now I really don't care abou the certification.Mine was answered on Oct 12 2004.

:mad:
dask_1

I do not think so ...

They have nothing to better to mess up the system . That is how I felt .

slaviki said:
Mine is APR 24.

Offtopic: By the way, why is there a perception that BECs are going to improve situation? It is the same people and AFAIU the same budget. So far the only outcome was that the processing stopped for at least 6 months min.

Same for PERM - when was it last time that changes in the immigration area improved anything? We begin hearing that "PERM may be not that fast" already. I wonder how this not-so-fast is going to look like...

Labour Certified on 3/7/05

lifeislife said:
Wow, I can understand your anxiety. I am anxious with 4/14 RD, you with 4/1 must be going crazy why they are not moving beyond 3/31.

Good luck!

It is a frustrating wait for all. My RD is 3/31 and I saw them working on this date for soooooooooooo long.... it finally happened!

My case # is 095537xx

I'll now move on to the next forum - Good luck to all!!

Anand_ve

Sick-Waiting said:
It is a frustrating wait for all. My RD is 3/31 and I saw them working on this date for soooooooooooo long.... it finally happened!

My case # is 095537xx

I'll now move on to the next forum - Good luck to all!!

Hi, what's yr full number - I'm also waiting for long time

my number is 09553728 RD 03/31/2003.

Pls let me know

Answer to the question of April 2003 cases?

Here is what I have received today from murthy.com. Does this mean that April 2003 cases will also be shipped to BECs?

"The DOL indicates in the February 16th memos that, as of February 4, 2005, approximately 25 SWAs had shipped more than 90,000 cases to the BPCs. Labor certification applications with SWA receipt dates of 2003 and 2004 are scheduled to arrive at the BPCs by March 31, 2005. A third shipment of cases was added to be sent to the BPCs by April 22, 2005. This will not only include all labor certifications properly filed at the SWAs in 2005, but also cases opened by the SWAs that are yet to be completed. The DOL anticipates that no labor certification cases should remain with the SWAs after April 22, 2005.

It is unclear at this time how many cases remain with the SWAs and whether they will be able to meet the shipping deadlines. Neither has the DOL provided any information on whether cases opened by the SWAs will be processed any differently from other unopened cases they receive. Therefore, it is possible they will simply place them in First-In / First-Out (FIFO) order along with the rest of the cases, as originally planned."