San Francisco Office timeline

RBS1972

Registered Users (C)
There have been no recent additions on the San Francisco office interview and oath experiences. Please add your recent experience. This forum has been a tremendous help. Thanks.

Thanks.

Thanks, I actually meant people who are closing their citizenship journey. It will be helpful if people with recent interviews at San Francisco post their oath letter and oath date timelines. My husband had his interview yesterday. Will keep posted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Almost Done

This is my timeline for N-400 application via San Francisco DO.

Submitted N-400 Application: 7/27/08
Priority Date 8/04/08 Letter: 8/06/08
Fingerprint Letter: 8/13/08
Fingerprint Date: 8/28/08
Interview Letter: 10/08/08
Interview Date: 11/18/08
Received N-652 (Passed and recommended for approval): 11/18/08
Oath Letter: 11/28/08
Oath Date: 12/17/08

The whole process has been without any glitches for me. I made sure that I had all supporting documents prepared for interview and made copies for the USCIS Officer. From time sent to upcoming Oath Date, it will be 5 months!

I'm very excited as I have pushed off applying for citizenship for 8 years. I know it may be difficult but my advice is to be patient and to not worry too much if things seem to take longer than usual. It appears that some cases take a little bit longer than others. I do wish everyone the best in his or her process to attaining US citizenship. Now that my case is soon to be closed, this will free up resources so that USCIS can get back to your cases.

Took oath at SF today!

I had the oath ceremony today at SF. My citizenship was processed pretty fast compared to the years I got stuck in the 485 stage. So it all balances out. :)

Here is my info:

Submitted N-400 Application: 7/28/08
Fingerprint Date (Oakland) : 8/29/08
Interview Date: 11/14/08 (Passed and recommended for approval)
Oath Letter: 11/21/08
Oath: Today! 12/3/08

I can't remember the other dates, but was happy with the speed of processing and am glad the journey is finally over. The SF oath ceremony is very professional and very well conducted. Every American should see it once.

Good luck to others who are waiting.