Interview was at the san francisco district office on 05/13/05
Here is my timeline:
Mailed N400 01/12/05
Priority Date 01/19/05
Fingerprinted 02/17/05
Interview 05/13/05
Received oath letter 05/20/05
Oath date 06/07/05

For those interested, there was a descrepency in the resident since date between the plastic GC and date my passport was stamped. On N400 I used the date my passport was stamped. This did not come up in the interview at all. Of course I met the 5 year rule going by either of the two dates.
I had also disclosed two speeding tickets on N400. The officer asked me if there was anything else other than the speeding tickets. Since there was nothing else he moved on to the next question.

Good luck!

Thanks for the information.
Can you please tell me what time the oath is scheduled.

My time line is similar - all my dates are 2 weeks after yours.

Received my oath letter today. Scheduled for 6/21 in San Francisco.
Interview was in Oakland last week.
My wife received her letter on Saturday.

Talbot,
How did the oath ceremony go? How long did it take?
Anything to watch out for?
Regards,
S

Hi Srag and Talbot,

Could you share the interview test questions please? Is that 100 sample Qs enough to be prepared? Did they ask anything out of those? Please share. I will soon have interview in SFO too, so wanna be prepared. Thanks

Naaz

Naaz2004 said:
Hi Srag and Talbot,

Could you share the interview test questions please? Is that 100 sample Qs enough to be prepared? Did they ask anything out of those? Please share. I will soon have interview in SFO too, so wanna be prepared. Thanks

Naaz

my friend just told me when she had her interview in 2 years ago, she was asked some questions out of those 100 sample. she asked me to study not only the 100 questions.

however, another friend who just passed her interview and got her oath done telling me she was asked questions from those 100 sample.

i am going to study those 100 questions only. i read the study guide from INS website and they have so many pages and i wonder how could a normal person memorize all those stuff.

Naaz2004 said:
Hi Srag and Talbot,

Naaz

For me all the 10 questions were from the 100 sample questions.
However my wife had 1 question which was not in the list.
Another answer is incorrect in the 100 sample questions - It states the 49th and 50th state as Hawaii and Alaska, whereas it should be Alaska and Hawaii.

Hi Srag,
The oath ceremony in San Francisco on 06/07/2005 took about 1 Hr and 45 Mins start to finish. They take your GC and oath letter when you enter the auditorium. If there are people with you who are not taking the oath they need to sit in the balcony. They distribute the certificate at the end and it is important to make sure all the information on that is correct. You can apply for the passport after the ceremony right there. Traffic near Masonic center was very bad and it is advisable to plan ahead for that. Parking is available in the Masonic center parking garage for $13
Hope this helps.

talbot said:
Hi Srag,
The oath ceremony in San Francisco on 06/07/2005 took about 1 Hr and 45 Mins start to finish. They take your GC and oath letter when you enter the auditorium. If there are people with you who are not taking the oath they need to sit in the balcony. They distribute the certificate at the end and it is important to make sure all the information on that is correct. You can apply for the passport after the ceremony right there. Traffic near Masonic center was very bad and it is advisable to plan ahead for that. Parking is available in the Masonic center parking garage for $13
Hope this helps.

Congratulations Talbot! You completed the process in less than 5 months. That is really great. Congrats!

I have not received any notice yet. Hopefully will soon.

I completed my oath ceremony today. I took Bart and a cab to reach there - was pretty stress free.
The oath ceremony took 1hr 45 minutes, then we submitted our passport application and we were out of there. The oath ceremony was organized pretty good - about 1300 people took oath today.
It took us less than 5 months( 1/25 to 6/21) as well for the whole citizenship process - pretty amazing & efficent.

Congratulations Srag on your citizenship!!! You must be feeling proud and happy!

Could you please tell me how many days in advance u get your FP and interview notices to make sure u r available in the state? I am expecting my FP notice but I am not home and no one there to tell me I got mail. I got PD as 6/7/05, mailed in 5/2/05.

Thanks,

naaz

Naaz2004 said:
Congratulations Srag on your citizenship!!! You must be feeling proud and happy!

Could you please tell me how many days in advance u get your FP and interview notices to make sure u r available in the state? I am expecting my FP notice but I am not home and no one there to tell me I got mail. I got PD as 6/7/05, mailed in 5/2/05.

Thanks,

naaz

you mailed on 5/2 and your PD is 6/7? it is kind of far away. do you know if they received your application around 6//7 (or 6/5??). normally the PD is the date they received your application form.

ocworker said:
you mailed on 5/2 and your PD is 6/7? it is kind of far away. do you know if they received your application around 6//7 (or 6/5??). normally the PD is the date they received your application form.

Sorry, my mistake! I mailed on 6/2 and PD is 6/7.
Now, when should I expect FP notice? How many days would I have from the notice date to the FP date? I am worried not to miss that as I am away from home and no one is there to notify me of any mail.

Thanks

Naaz2004 said:
Now, when should I expect FP notice? How many days would I have from the notice date to the FP date? I am worried not to miss that as I am away from home and no one is there to notify me of any mail.

Thanks

I am in Santa Ana DO. I got my FP about 1.5 months after I mailed out the application form. (mailed out on 3/9, got notice on mid april for 4/27 appt).

are you out of the country? can you have someone to go to your house to check mail for you?

however, someone got the FP sooner, and someone got FP notice late. it is all depending on the local ASC schedule.

No I am in another state and no one is there to check my mail.
If the notice provides atleast 2 weeks times, then I should be there by then. I hope the notice is not too short.

Thanks.

Naaz2004 said:

Thanks

We received our fingerprint letter about a month after we mailed out our application.
Mailed out application(from Fremont, CA) 1/25/2005
Notice letter received 2/1/2005
Finger Print letter received 2/25/2005
Finger Printed 3/8/2005
Letter for Interview received 3/15/2005
Interview 5/31/2005
Oath Letter received 6/7/2005
Oath 6/21/2005

Thanks Srag, from your timline it seems only 2 weeks kind of in advance notices contrary to what I had heard of 1 month advance notice. This alerts me to be just home for the next few months and postpone any vacation abroad. Thanks much.

naaz

srag said:
We received our fingerprint letter about a month after we mailed out our application.
Mailed out application(from Fremont, CA) 1/25/2005
Notice letter received 2/1/2005
Finger Print letter received 2/25/2005
Finger Printed 3/8/2005
Letter for Interview received 3/15/2005
Interview 5/31/2005
Oath Letter received 6/7/2005
Oath 6/21/2005

My timeline so far for:

MD 6/2/05
PD 6/7/05
FP 7/14/05