San Francisco no longer accepting any EAD applications

ead_port

Registered Users (C)
I had been to the San Francisco office to apply for my EMPLOYMENT BASED EAD and they were not ready to accept my application saying that effective April 1st we need to send it to some cental place in Chicago. But the directive from INS, a copy of which they gave me says all FAMILY BASED EAD applications need to go to that place in Chicago. This is a classic case of INS not knowing their own laws and putting law abiding "aliens" into a hassle. If I don't get my new EAD in the next 89 days I am screwed. And because of this intra-INS communication gap, I cannot get the "90 day" interim EAD in the required time frame.
What do I do now ???

Last edited by a moderator:
anybody with a different experience I would like to hear from you

Please post your messages on this thread.

Beggining Dec 1st 2004 for the states on the East coast and April 1st 2005 for the rest, all EAD and APs should be sent to Chicago LockBox (adress is on the I131 form). I guess they want to centralize the processing for these kind of documents and decrease the workload of local and national centers. No big deal, the processing is the same ... .

I looked at I-131 form. Nowhere it says employment based 485 be required to send applications to Chicago. Not all as nemesis as pointed out. Other pl confirm. I am also going to send application for 131 and I live in TX. Your input is appreciated.
ead_port is learn something new pl let us knoq.

-Thanks

Check this:

http://uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffairs/newsrels/20050330directmail.pdf

It is better to read directly on the USCIS web site for any info you want, it's the best source out there. In the bottom on the second page there is a list with the states that are doing this starting Apr 1st, the rest of she states already started on Oec 1st, for both EAD and AP. If you send the applic to local ofice they will forward it to Chicago, in this way you just waste a few days, instead of sending it directly there.

Hope that helps,
nemessis

GCJaisaKoiNahi said:
I looked at I-131 form. Nowhere it says employment based 485 be required to send applications to Chicago. Not all as nemesis as pointed out. Other pl confirm. I am also going to send application for 131 and I live in TX. Your input is appreciated.
ead_port is learn something new pl let us knoq.

-Thanks

Electronic EAD

I wonder if a person can just E-file the application for EAD so that he need worry on where to send !!

nemessis said:
Check this:

http://uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffairs/newsrels/20050330directmail.pdf

It is better to read directly on the USCIS web site for any info you want, it's the best source out there. In the bottom on the second page there is a list with the states that are doing this starting Apr 1st, the rest of she states already started on Oec 1st, for both EAD and AP. If you send the applic to local ofice they will forward it to Chicago, in this way you just waste a few days, instead of sending it directly there.

Hope that helps,
nemessis

nemesis. if you read it carefully, it says
"Beginning on April 1, aliens filing a family-based Form I-485, and/or a Form I-765 and/or a Form I-131, regardless of their state of residence, must mail those applications as well as all supporting documentation directly to one of the following address"

Here is a link from muthy.com
http://www.murthy.com/news/n_dirmal.html

I think this is changed only for Family based applications.

My exp: I sent EAD 765 to VSC in march, CIS sent the whole packet back
(coz of missing document)
I resent in april 5th, I got receipt where ND and RD are both April 2005.
Now I am planning to send my AP and was wondering where to send.

kirankumarj : I opt for e file Where shoukd I send photographs to?

kirankumarj said:
I wonder if a person can just E-file the application for EAD so that he need worry on where to send !!
the term e-filing is a bit misleading, as one would still have to snail mail supporting document!

I think there is a little bit of confusion here:

I485 FB only should be sent to Chicago
I131 and I765 should be sent to Chicago (only for transferred cases)
I485 EB should be sent to VSC, for the I485 which are at VSC, I131 and I765 should be sent to VSC.

My AP was approved from Chicago, I485 was transferred at Philly
nemessis

PS: From USCIS WEB site:

"
If you are applying for Advance Parole (permission to reenter the U.S.), and do not fall under any of the I-485 categories listed in the November 19, 2004, Direct Mail Federal Register Notice (nemessis: i.e. you are EB), send your application to the District or Sub-Office with jurisdiction over your place of residence, or to the Service Center if your case is pending there. "

The local office will forward the AP application to Chicago lockbox, you can do it yourself and save some time.

GCJaisaKoiNahi said:
nemesis. if you read it carefully, it says
"Beginning on April 1, aliens filing a family-based Form I-485, and/or a Form I-765 and/or a Form I-131, regardless of their state of residence, must mail those applications as well as all supporting documentation directly to one of the following address"

Here is a link from muthy.com
http://www.murthy.com/news/n_dirmal.html

I think this is changed only for Family based applications.

My exp: I sent EAD 765 to VSC in march, CIS sent the whole packet back
(coz of missing document)
I resent in april 5th, I got receipt where ND and RD are both April 2005.
Now I am planning to send my AP and was wondering where to send.

kirankumarj : I opt for e file Where shoukd I send photographs to?