San Francisco Field Office...how considerate are they?

buddyboy

Registered Users (C)
Hello.

I have interview scheduled for my wife and myself at the SF field office on the 29th November. Our interview times are quite close to each other. My wife is 7 months pregnant and we also have a 3-year old who we cannot leave in anyone else's care. Will the SF field office allow us all to show up at the same time and wait inside? Does anyone have any experiences in this regard?

Also, when I received my receipt, it was indicated that the application was "Conditionally Accepted" and that the interview letter will state what the "Condition" was. But the interview letter does not state anything in this regard. Can anyone shed some light on what this is?

Thanks.

I also received same thing in my interview letter, however I did not get any extra doc. Only thing I can think of is I had a speeding ticket and they maybe interested in the actual payment receipt which I am carrying.

My interview is tomorrow, but I can tell you if I find anything tomorrow evening. (if they allow kids inside etc). Usually they should be considerate in these circumstances, but my guess is it depends on the officer and his moods.

Thanks desihai...

It would be very helpful if you could post about your experience tomorrow. And all the very best for the proceedings...

I observed they are very prompt in the timings, my timing was spot on. Also I saw several older people being accompanied by relatives. lawyers or even interpreters. They have may pods like area A, B, C, D, E and the receptionist asks one to go to a pod where different officers will call. Each pod I think has 4 offices. So I would suggest you talk to receptionist and get the same pod/subsequent slots with same officer, so you can go first and once you return your wife can go in. Based on my observations, people are very friendly

Thanks again...

Thanks for the info. Its very helpful.

By the way, how long was your interview and did they ask anything about the traffic ticket you mentioned. Also, what kind of English reading/writing test do they administer?

By the way, how long was your interview and did they ask anything about the traffic ticket you mentioned. Also, what kind of English reading/writing test do they administer?

I posted this info in the SF timeline post.
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1826804&postcount=927

Basically the officer asked me that I have a ticket and I mentioned yes, and went on to ask if I have ever had a DUI, reckless driving etc and I answered No. Thats it regarding driving.
English reading test is very easy. They ask you to read one small sentence and write a sentence.
Dont worry regarding that. If you can register and do posts in this forum and read the posts, it will be a no brainer.

I posted this info in the SF timeline post.
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1826804&postcount=927

Basically the officer asked me that I have a ticket and I mentioned yes, and went on to ask if I have ever had a DUI, reckless driving etc and I answered No. Thats it regarding driving.
English reading test is very easy. They ask you to read one small sentence and write a sentence.
Dont worry regarding that. If you can register and do posts in this forum and read the posts, it will be a no brainer.

Hi!
I'm having an interview on Nov 30th in the SF location. Since I'm applying through my citizen spouse, I would like to know is it ok if my spouse not coming with me for the interview?
Also, do you know when is your oath ceremany? Since my interview day is just 2 days after yours, we might attend the same oath ceremony =)

Thanks.

Hi!
I'm having an interview on Nov 30th in the SF location. Since I'm applying through my citizen spouse, I would like to know is it ok if my spouse not coming with me for the interview?
Also, do you know when is your oath ceremany? Since my interview day is just 2 days after yours, we might attend the same oath ceremony =)

Thanks.
I do not know if spouse need to be accomanied for Citizen related applications. I applied through 5 year clause. I did see several people being accompanied by spouses and could be these cases. My suggestion would be if possible take the spouse also as this is a very important interview for you.

No, I don't know the oath date. the oath date will be notified by mail.

Hi!
Thanks.

Hi Chuli,
I was in the same situation as you and didn't bring my US spouse. I noticed in the waiting area that spouses were asked not to come in the interview rooms, so you will be fine on your own.