San Diego : Oath Ceremony Dates

Oh

I completed my interview 6/4/09, so I'm waiting for one and half month.

You are waiting for 2 and 1/2 months but your interview date was 6/12/09, which was last month.

In your infopass appointment, did they told you any specific reason for the delay or it was just the scheduling problem.

Next Oath Ceremony in Chula Vista is on 7/29/09. Hopefully we get it before that.

JUST CHECKING...Worktp, Ohh or any one else in San Diego received their Oath Letter?
I'm still waiting for mine.

Nope. No oath letter yet :(....Did you call the second level IO...I had called last week and the same reply...still in que.

I think it will be in August as we have most likely missed it for July....

Yes, I did call second level IO last week, But same thing, still in Queue. Let hope for August now.

Akish,

Today we received the Oath letter for my wife for August 19th at Golden Hall. Check you mail box tomorrow if you havent received already.

Congrats Worktp...
I had my interview on July 1st. My guess is that I have to wait for another 2 weeks for the oath letter.

-Gopal

hi

Hi Akish,

Sorry for typo-I had interview on 5/12/09. No letter, no answers, no help from those fellows. I had my info pass appointment they told me-"go home and wait". He aslo told me I have to start counting days not from the date of the interview but from the date I was scheduled to "Q".They say max it takes 90 days after you are scheduled/placed for "Q". He even could not tell me the dates of the oath-sucks. My summer vacation went down the drain.:confused:

Good luck to all.

Oh

I completed my interview 6/4/09, so I'm waiting for one and half month.

You are waiting for 2 and 1/2 months but your interview date was 6/12/09, which was last month.

In your infopass appointment, did they told you any specific reason for the delay or it was just the scheduling problem.

Next Oath Ceremony in Chula Vista is on 7/29/09. Hopefully we get it before that.

Today I called 2nd level IO and my oath is scheduled on 19th Aug. IO said to expect the letter in another week. My interview was on July 1st.

Same here. 2nd level IO said I have been schedule for Aug, I will be receiving the letter in the mail.

My wife's interview is on 17th Aug. We will request the IO to schedule her oath on 19th too (along with me)....

I read somewhere in the forum and you cannot have your oath day before the 5 yr GC completion. My wife got her GC on 20th Aug'04, so 19th Aug 2009 with be on the border.

Let's see what happens.

-Gopal

Gopalag

Did you received the letter? I was told by the 2nd level IO that I have been schedule for Aug 19th, but not yet received the letter.

Akish

Hi,
I had my interview on September 2nd at the San Diego office. The interview was smooth, and the officer told me that my case was recommended for approval and said I would get the oath letter in a week or so. It is almost a month now (Sept 27). I called the USCIS helpline and got the standard response from the customer service agent, asking me to wait. I saw that someone had mentioned about INFOPASS and talking to a level2 AO. How does one talk to a level 2 AO?
Also, looks like you need a service request ID before getting an INFOPASS. How does one obtain one?

Thanks,

Thanks,
Raghu

Hi!.

when u call USCIS. tell them u would like to talk to a 2nd officer. and they will transfer u to one of them. about infopass. u can make 1 online and free. by going to www.uscis.gov and then click on schedule a free appointment , u will find it on ur left hand. so after that fill the appointment and make sure to print it and take it with u to ur local office. and make sure to take with u ur ID or drive's license,

Good Luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
HI i know this post is old but I have a question that maybe you can answer. I want a name change as well here in san diego. Just to remove my moms maiden name. My question is, so the oath in Golden Hall can make name changes as well or does it have to be in a court room? thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
any other people from San Diego?

are there any more people who are doing their naturalization or did their naturalization recently from san diego?

are there any more people who are doing their naturalization or did their naturalization recently from san diego?

Hi,

when u go to ur interview the IO will ask u if u want to change ur name, so tell him/her Yes i would like to have my name changed. i dont think u will be able to change ur name at Golden Hall, i could be wrong but dont miss the opportunity and ask the Interviwer about it, and i think u will be asked if u would like to have ur name change.

Good Luck.