San Bernardino, California - DO Tracker (N400 Apps)

how long before IL

how long of wait before IL
CSC - San Bernardino DO

01/02/09 - Sent N400 (+ check)
01/14/09 - PD
01/16/09 - NOA
01/20/09 - Check cashed
01/28/09 - FL
02/10/09 - FP
00/00/09 - IL
04/07/09 - ID
00/00/09 - OL
00/00/09 - OD

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wanted to update you fellas i got my OL finally i will be at Pomona Fairplex on March 25th 12:30PM Ceremony :)

Best of luck to the rest of you.

San Bernadino CA DO .
Our Tracker is as follows
12/10/08 applied N400
12/27/08 FL
01/03/09 FD
02/03/09 IL Mine
02/04/09 IL Husband
03/18/09 ID Mine
03/21/09 ID Husband
04/18/09 OL Husband
05/14/09 OD Husband
04/25/09 OL MINE
05/14/09 OD MINE

Last edited by a moderator:
Update IL

update, i got my IL 5/5/09 for ID 6/17/09. Things moved much faster than expected. Keeping my fingers crossed that there are no delays.

yes i noticed the same thing. My app has progressed very quickly too. I applied 2/25, was fingerprinted end of march and have my interview on 5/22. I wonder if they are pushing a lot of people through because of the three huge oath ceremonies coming up...

May 28th, Pomona, 7,000 people
June 26th, LASA, 12,000 people
July 24th, LACC, 12,000 people

That's 31,000 people naturalized in the LA area in the span of two months. That's crazy!

FYI the naturalization ceremonies page (on cacdDOTuscourtsDOTgov) was just updated (July dates added) on cinco de mayo! :)

hey everyone i just had my interview and passed!!! yeah! I updated my signature with my timelines. Things are moving way faster than I expected.

The interview went smoothly. I was early. The interview started right on time. I had brought a stack of papers for proof of marital union, bank accounts, photos, original birth certificates for my wife and i and my son as the notice letter had requested BUT the IO didnt even ask to see any of it. All i handed him was my drivers license and green card. He didnt even want to see my passport or anything. The english question was super easy. I had to write "the president lives in the white house". The civics questions were:

1) Who is the governor of California? Arnold S.
2) Who was the first president? George Washington
3) What is one promise you make when you become a US Citizen? Defend the constitution
4) What movement tried to end racial discrimination? Civil rights movement
5) Where is the statue of liberty? New York Harbor / Liberty Island
6) Name two national holidays? Memorial Day and Thanksgiving

I asked if there was any way I could get the oath ceremony for next week on May 28th in Pomona but he said no and that they will mail me a oath notice soon. Hopefully I'll make the cutoff for the big ceremony on June 26th at LASA.

got my oath notice the other day! So that was fast. A total of 14 business days between my interview and the oath notice being sent out. (May 22nd --> June 11th). And this was after the IO told me during the interview that it could be a couple months.

Total overall is 4 months and 1 day from priority date until oath. Wow. I was fully expecting this whole process to take at minimum 1 year.

Anybody got their Oath Notice recently for July 24 ceremony?
I haven't got mine yet, so I'm wondering if anybody who had interview around June 9 have got their oath notice?

Oath Ceremony Descheduled

I was scheduled for oath ceremony on July 24. And then they sent me another letter saying the oath ceremony descheduled by USCIS.

This is the exact wording from the letter:
This is to advise you that, due to unforeseen circumstances, we have had to cancel the previously scheduled Oath Ceremony on Friday, July 24, 2009 at 01:00PM for the above applicant. We regret any inconveniences this may cause.
We will advise you of any further action taken on this case, including any rescheduled interview information, under separate notice.

Anybody has similar situation here? What is possibly happening here?

IL Notice of Action

I got my IL notice a few days ago. It is said "Request for Applicant to Appear for Naturalization Initial Interview". Did anyone get the same as of mine? I am just curious why they call it Initial Interview.

pawthut

N400-sent 05/18/09 (Phoenix)
Priority date - 05/21/09
Cash Check -05/27/09
FP letter - 06/04/09
FP Date - 06/18/09
IL Letter - 07/25/09
IL - 08/26/09

This is it

This is the interview.

I guess they just say initial as they want to keep their options open.

I got the same letter, and passed the interview the same day.

Update

San Bernadino Office

N400
Received 3/31/09
Interview 6/12/09
Oath Letter "Still Waiting"
Oath

Anybody else for San Bernadino

SB DO Oath letter waiting time

Why is it taking too long in SB side? LA county is giving away Aug Oath Date for applicant who had their interview in last week of July. Is it true that LA and SB have it together or separate?

SB DO Oath Ceremony

I am surprised that SB DO has back log for Oath Ceremony as far as June.
That is absurd! Can you guys write to the House Rep?
My journey doesn't stop here since I have to do IR after that.
It seems like never ending and perfect process but fees keep going up though....

Has anybody from San Bernardino made it for the August 28th oath ceremony? When did you interview? I interviewed on 27th and there's still no letter...

Oath waiting time

questions answered by USCIS LA DO on Oath waiting time for San Bernardino residents. signed and released by LA D.O director Arellano.

What are the current processing times between the date of passing the
preliminary interview and the oath ceremony at the following Field Offices?
Los Angeles 30 - 60 days
Santa Ana - 30 - 60 days
San Bernardino 60 - 90 days
What are the current processing times for an N-336 at the following Field
Offices? .
LosAngeles 60- 90 days
Santa Ana - 30 - 60 days
San Bernardino 90 days

Oath Letter for San Bernardino DO

Please post if you recently got one for August Oath Ceremony.
I really need to know.

thanks!