San Antonio Processing Times

SanAnt1

Registered Users (C)
I filed my N400 in the Texas Service Center for the San Antonio local office. Can other folks having already dealt with the San Antonio office post their timelines and past interview experiences here. Thanks

My timelines

PD: 09/03/03
Fingerprint:waiting for appointment letter
Interview:
Oath:

I found some of my friends completed their Naturalization in eight months. They could not tell me exact date of time of Fingerprinting, INTERVIEW & OATH. But they finished it recently on March'2003. I myself would file Naturalization shortly in San Antanio so keep us posted. Good luck.

I am scheduled for Fingerprint on 10/22/03.
The AILA website says that the current waiting time for San Antonio is between 30 and 60 days from application to Swearing- in. If this is the case my application should be finalized on or around November 3rd 2003. Please advise if you know about the current processing time for San Antonio

That doesn't sound very practical to me. But, In my database, San Antanio INS is one of the fastest one for Naturalization if not the fastest one. Good luck and keep us posted.

My fingerprint was on Oct 22nd. It was scheduled at 9:00 AM, I got there at 8:30AM and was out of the door by 8:50. It went very smooth.

I stopped by the BCIS office next door and the current waiting time posted inside is 5 months for natz (as of Aug 2003). Current AILA waiting time, as of 10/20/03, is 120-180 days (very close to BCIS waiting times of 5 months).

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a San Antonio timeline somebody posted in another forum. This is amazing. He filed the original application on August 13, 2003. Was fringerprinted on 10/07/03. Interview is scheduled for 10/27/2003. Overall it took him 74 days from application to interview. Below is his post.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My N-400 timeline in Texas... Fast than I thought!
Hi, All:

Here's my N-400 timeline applied in San Antonio, Texas:

08-13-03: Send N-400: (Web mention process time: 755-990 day.)
09-23-03: Receive finger print letter.
10-07-03: finger print.
10-20-03: received interview letter.
10-27-03: Assigned interview date.

I think it's fast than I thought.
Praise the Lord.

SMB

PS: The finger print service staffs in San Antonio
is very hospitable.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's unbelievable

Wao!! interview is done in 2 months? That's awesome. I would be more than happy if this was done in 6/8 months in NYC. Good lucck SanAnt1.

Hoping this fast process continue downto early next year since I would apply by then. By the way "SanAnt1", please let us know about your interview schedule and oath ceremony. Good luck.

I check the BCIS website for N400 status this morning and the following information came up:
The status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

Up to yesterday it was showing up on the BCIS status inquiry website. Does this mean that my interview letter is on its way? Please advise if you've experienced a similar situation. Thanks

I received my interview letter today (10/29/03). It is for 11/17/03.
Here is my timeline:
Priority Date: 09/05/03
Fingerprint: 10/22/03
Interview Date: 11/17/03

Austin would do good. I am in Austin but under San Antanio jurisdiction. Hopefully it would continue to do that in early next year. I am getting jealous man.

Hello SanAnt,

Please let us know your interview experience and very best of luck with your interview. Take care.

I had my interview today and it went great. My appointment time was at 12:20 PM but I got there at 9:30 AM. Since the letter stated not to come more than 30 minutes before appointment time I stayed in my car reading the questions but after 25 minutes I decided to go inside because the weather was bad. I gave my letter to the security guard at 9:58. To my amazement I was called 5 minutes later by the interviewing officer. By 10:15 AM I was inside my car heading home.
The whole process was extremely pleasant. The officer only asked me for my driver's license and green card, no other additional documents needed. Then he went through the N400 application and checked every item in red as we were going through the form. Once that process finished he gave me a list with 10 questions (similar to the ones on the BCIS website). After that he congratulated me for passing the intrerview and told me to wait a month or so for my oath letter (I asked him when is the next oath and his answer was "it is pretty full until the end of December". January is the likely date I will take my oath. Thanks to all the board members for their informative posts.

Here is my timeline:
Priority Date: 9/05/2003
Fingerprint: 10/22/2003
Interview: 11/17/2003
Oath: Waiting

I just talked one of my friend. He is from the same country as I am from and did his naturalization recently. He has applied from Denver but had to move to Austin for Job. His process took little longer for that reason but he got oath letter after two weeks of interview and went through oath after 40 days. Let us update with your oath experience. Best of luck.

I received my oath letter today (11/26/03), it is scheduled for Dec 11th, 2003 (3 weeks after N400 interview). This will be the end of my journey towards US citizenship. The whole process has been extremely pleasant and it took about 3 months from initial submission to oath.
Here is my timeline for the San Antonio district office:
Priority Date: 09/05/03
Fingerprint: 10/22/03
Interview:11/17/03
Oath: 12/11/03

wow

At san ant office, they dont do so called FBI name checks????? which usually takes between 9 months to 3 years.

where in the world NY office is making ppl wait for so long.

i guess i will call them up and tell them to not to bother sending me oath letter in 2005 because i am withdrawing my application... and next month move to san antonio. I will wait till three months pass and then apply there and be done with process quicker.

how my plan sounds.???:D

Shaky,

FBI takes about one day to process Finger Prints.
Then why they take so long for Name Check?
I think the delay is somewhere else.

Probably volume matters (Queuing theory).

Some of my friends who ae in the N-400 pipeline
told me that it takes about one year in NJ (newark)
currently.