San Antonio Interview

ksv

Registered Users (C)
Thank GOD. It is finally over, I got my PP stamped on 9-Apr-2003 after a interview at local INS office, San Antonio, TX. Thank God, the interview is scheduled much earlier than what I expected (3 months).

Interview sequece: Finger Printing -> Oath -> Stamping

I took my attorney with me, Thanks to my attorney, he flew from East Coast to Texas to attend my interview. He is very nice, very co-operative and supportive, visit his website at www.lamboleylawfirm.com.

Interview appointment letter says bring 99,2000,2001 Tax returns and current employment letter with salary details.

I prepared 2 files with all the documents in it (You name it) one with originals and one duplicates.

IIO did not even bothered to look at my tax returns, but asked for the employment letter, I don't think he read my employment letter (he just took the letter and put it in the file).

My Medicals were done at Indiana, so IIO had a doubt whether the doctor is INS certified or not and asked me for the Certified Doctors list which I donot have, he do not want to look at the internet and asking for the offical list of INS certified doctors, my attorney argued with him and convinced that, if the doctor is not certified by INS, the Vermont would have asked for another medical before transfering to the local INS to San Antonio, TX. IIO went and asked his supervior and said supervisor is not there at that time but his assistant said "go ahead and approve" (Thanks to her).

So guys if you go for interview at local INS office and your medicals done at different location just consider to have a INS certified doctor list with you and make sure that your doctor is listed.

A small disappointment at end, My wife and my files were not together so she did not get a interview letter but the IIO is kind enough to check the status of her case. Her processing is not done, meaning the backgroud check is not done yet, so the IIO is just approved her case but not stamped because the Backgroud check is due. We need to visit the INS building one more time, but it is ok.

Questions asked for the interview are really very simple, like What is your full name ?
What is your Mother and Father's first names ?
Where did you born ?
What is your DOB ?
Have you ever been arrested ?
Did you worked as a prostitute ?
Have you everbeen diported ?
(My attorney says, there are just to make sure with your application).

Extra info
------------
Applied 485 at VSC.
Have changed my job using AC21 after a year in I-485.
Moved to San Antonio about 5 months ago, Which comes under TSC region. Informed about Address change to INS, not the job change. (My attorney said, do not let them know about job change unless they issue a RFE).

I check the online status first, It told me that My case was trasfered to the local INS office but did not tell where ?
so I checked the AVM and AVM says clearly "Case is trasfered to San Antonio Office".
If you get this kind of scenerio than check both AVM and Online Status Check.

San Antonio, TX for interview.
TD 23-DEC-2002
RD 08-NOV-2001
ND 06-DEC-2001
FP APR-2002

ID 09-APR-2003
AP 09-APR-2003
PP Stamped 09-APR-2003.

I was also EAD victim, I worked through the expired EAD, confirmed with INS, and they said, If I was using EAD and applied for extention and extension did not come in time, It is ok to work. I do not know how far it is true. Look at the scenerios for EAD, working on expired EAD using the below link.

http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?threadid=71568&highlight=ksv

Interview documents checklist
---------------------------------------
H1s (All the companies I worked)
LC.
I 140.
I 485.
Renewed EAD.
AP

Adit Pics.

Bank Statements (new and old about 2-3 years old).
Apartment Rental Lease Documents (Showing both myself and Spouse).
Tax Returns with W2s (1999,2000,2001,2002).

Birth certificates (Myself and Spouse).
Marriage Certificate.
Copies of Medical (Green Copy which is our copy).
Finger Printing Notices.
Social Security Cards.
Pics of me and Family, wedding, in our house, at the Niagara Falls etc.,
copies of all the Checks I wrote to INS (Banks Check Cleared Copies too).
Education certificates.

Pay stubs (From the day my LC started).
Employment Letter from the current employer.
Employment End Confirmation letter from GC sponsoring company.

Passports.
all I 94's (H1s).
Interview Appointment Notice.

congrts and 1 question.

Congrts to you, ksv. Your experience means a lot to me. I just checked your doc. list. and decided to add something to mine. Thank you very much for all of this. hope you will receive your plastic within two weeks.
one more qusetion, pls. did they ask you to have your picture with you in the notice?
Thank you.

Congrats KSV

Thanks for your detailed info. Also thanks for the attorney info.
Actually i was on a lookout for an immigration attorney.
Have visted your attorney(www.lamboleylawfirm.com) office personally and found to be an excellent catch.
I am now his client :). Thanks for this immigartionportal for exchange of information.

Enjoy your freedom