Sample letter to senator

n400newyork

Registered Users (C)
i am thinking to write to Senator Clinton about my case.
could someone provide me with a sample letter?
thank you

I engaged my senator in my case, and it was through the efforts of one of her aids that I got my interview (and, no, it wasn't a name check thing).

I did not "write a letter to my senator". Instead, what I did was:

• Went to her web site and downloaded the forms (at the very least, they need to get your permission to inquire on your behalf).
  • While on the web site, I got the address + phone of her local office
  • Filled in all the forms
  • Wrote a nice letter, name, contact info + A#, how long I had been in the country, when I applied for citizenship, what had happened so far, how long it had been (it had been nearly a year at the time), how much I "wished to be American", how frustrating the process has been, etc.
  • Phoned the local office, asked for the name of the immigration aid and asked for the fax number, then asked to speak to the aid. She said: "send me the forms and your letter and I'll see what I could do"
  • Two weeks later I phoned and politely asked if I had forgotten to include anything. I got an apology for the delay
  • The aid called back the next day and and left a message saying things should be moving
  • I had a previously scheduled infopass the day after that and found out my interview letter had been mailed that morning
  • Sent the aid some flowers (as a gesture for the next one of you who calls her up :) ).

Hilary Clinton will "feel your pain", but she probably won't read your letter. Find out who will actually read the letter (and it's best to find someone near you and away from Washington).

Your goal, when you talk to them, is to make them feel like your case is more important than all the other ones they have to deal with. Don't tell them it is important - be humble - instead, tell them about how you want to be American, how much hassle the USCIS has put you through no matter how hard you try to follow the rules, etc.

Good luck.