sample letter for contacting senator

waiting_4_485

Registered Users (C)
I am tired of this wait. I am planning to contact the senator, if any body has sample letter can you please....... share with me.

thanks
waiting_4_485
RD Feb 06,2002
ND Feb 13,2002
2nd Fp: Dec 18,2003

waiting_4_485,

You can call to your local congressmen or senator office and they will tell you how to proceed.

hi,
I found this letter here on the forum, and had used it myself while contacting the senator.

Dear Senator,

We are writing this letter to request your office's help in finding the status of our employment based adjustment of status(I-485) applications, pending with Nebraska Service Center for over two years. We had filed our I-485 applications in December 2001(RD: 12/11/2001, ND: 12/14/2001) with Nebraska Service Center, Lincoln, NE. We were finger printed the first time on 4/11/2002. After waiting for over 19 months, we received a request for further evidence on 7/11/2003 in which the following items were asked to submit. 1) Primary applicant's employment verification, 2) Clear copy of birth certificate for the dependent applicant and 3) Birth affidavits for both the applicants from parents or relatives. We promptly responded to this request and sent all the required documents that were received by INS on 7/30/2003. The status query website of INS was updated to reflect this the day received these documents. Subsequently, we received a notice for the second finger printing as our original finger prints expired by this time. We were finger printed on 9/12/2003 and I had called FBI who confirmed that the results were sent to the INS the same day.

Since then, we haven't heard anything back from INS and are desperately waiting for our cases to be approved. We have already renewed our work permits (EAD) twice and currently hold our third EADs. We have no clue why the adjudication on our cases is taking so long while the cases filed much later than ours are routinely being approved. It has been more than 5 months since we responded to the rfe and don’t understand why it is taking so long for the INS to look into our cases. We have plans to visit India in May this year and are in a dilemma whether to apply for the travel documets(advance parole) or to wait for the approvals. We never applied for our advance paroles till now in the hope of getting our cases approved by now.

We would like to request the help of your office to find out what exactly is going on with our cases and if possible push for a faster adjudication. We'd highly appreciate any help that your office can provide in this matter.

Sincerely,

XXXX

XXXX

Here are more details of our cases:

Primary applicant: XXXX(Receipt No: XXXXX)
A# XXXXX
Beneficiary: XXXX(Receipt No: XXXXX)
A# XXXXX
Receipt Date: 12/11/2001
Notice Date: 12/14/2001
1st Finger Print: 4/11/2002
RFE Issued: 7/11/2003
RFE response received by INS 7/30/2003
2nd FP: 9/12/2003

regards

when sending inquiries

through the senator:
v_indian,
I remember you had contacted in your case. How did you select one that works well on immigration matter and willing to help you? Which web site did you go to to get the your state's senators list?

Thanks.

Hi Ghee,

Actually I used the website www.senate.gov . Under that when i selected my state which is Illinois, I had two choices Senator Dick Durbin and Peter Fitzgerald, and on this forum itself, I had heard a lot about Senator Dick Durbin, so I thought I would go with him. They have a full fledged Immigration Department and the people were really helpful.

Regards

when I searched mine

with the last 4 digits of zip code, it gave me local congressman. I left an inquiry at his office. Do you need to higher in seniority as far the senators is concerned? This person is local area representative.

Did u try http://www.house.gov or www.senate.gov ,House would give you Local Congressman using Zip Code and Senate would give you Senator using State.

In my experience Senator would be better option since I think he is representating the entire State and he has much better and entirely dedicated work force for Immigration. I had once tried contacting Congressman for my mother's visitor visa and they were not much helpful and the staff also was not very aware.

v_indian, Thanks. I will try that.

I have responded to one rfe 5-6 weeks ago, I read somewhere that you can initiate an inquiry if they don't look at rfe response for more than six weeks. I doubt this is a regulation yet, may be just a wish list that one would like to have. I was trying to see if they at least accept a query. I know rfes in majority of cases are nothing more than hopping from one sink hole to another. Have you read anything about rfe response and the time frame that you can initiate an type of inquiry?
Thanx again,
- Ghee

Last edited by a moderator:
I am also thinking about contacting senator. I have responsed to my rfe more than two months ago and nothing after that. I am in Indiana. When I search for senator on senate.gov web site I found two senators for the state of Indiana and I don't know who to contact. If you have contacted local congressman or senator for the state of Indiana please post your experience.

I am new in this pond.

Dear Everybody and Marthak.

I read your posting about contactg senator of Indiana. I am not sure what stage of GC processing are you in. Actually I have no clue how many stages does GC processing consists of.

My Labor certification (RIR) was filed in May 2003 in Indiana. Still waiting. What is this stage called as? is this same as yours I-485? If not then I am sorry I am dumb. This stage should have some name right ! So can we contact senator too about Labor certification delay too in INdiana.

Please guide me.
Thanks in advance.
Pharmacist.

ghee,
sorry couldn't reply earlier. Actually as far as RFE is concerned, when we had sent our response for the RFE's, all we could see was the online message would change that they have recieved it and it would take so many days to process the case. I don't really know if u could initiate an enquiry if they don't look into the case for 5-6 weeks.
Just a note, they recieved our last RFE response on Aug 20th 2003, and our approval came on Feb 4th.
You can try to enquire about it. There is nothing to loose.

Regards

Rxindy,

I don't know whether you can contact senator for the labor certification or not. I have not heard of it but I guess you could if you want. I am not sure.

I have applied for I-485 which will be your next step if you file concurrently with I-140 after you get your labor approved.

All,

Anybody contacted local congressman or senator for the state of Indiana? Please post your experience.

Marthak