"Same or Similar job" under AC 21

Advocate

Registered Users (C)
I read different postings by respected members regarding the meaning of "Same or Similar Job" to change job / employer by using AC21. Still it's not very clear what constitutes the "Same or Similar job", when it's practically applies to the new job. I think the 'occupational codes' list also not very clear.
Is there any good site or information available to check whether the job is 'Same or Similar'?.
Is the current job titled as 'Programmer / Analyst' can be treated as same or similar, if the new job titled as "Database Administrator' with both the job duties mentioned as "1. Analysis Design, Coding, and Development of Applications and Error Trapping and Debugging of the existing systems. 2.Generation of SQL statements, and Database Connectivity and Documentation of the System.'
The current job (on approved LC)also mentioned about the tools / technology used such as VB,ASP,Oracle, and MS SQL Server.
Please clarify whether mentioning of the tools / technology used in the current job will narrow the scope of 'new job?'.
Thanks for your time.

Hi I'm also interested in whether a "Programmer / Analyst" is same or similar to a "DBA". I would like to hear it is - but wouldn't be surprised if many on this board think the two are too different.

I work for large consulting company and the labor certs that they apply for are typically always the same. They are nominally "Programmer / Analyst" in code, but mention no technologies or tools. Contain very general language. I think its best to have a labor that is not too specific.

The strange thing in the current project I work on I'm basically a DBA. From time to time I do other small programming projects that would more closely match my labor.

I'm worried that if I change job under AC21 I would need to be careful to get a job as a "Programmer / Analyst". Now I'm 80% a DBA - but if asked via RFE the corporate office just sends the same general "Programer / Analyst" blah blah blah job description. Strangely if I left and got a job that was EXACLTY the same as what I'm REALLY doing it may be seen as not same or similar enough to the existing LC, cos that is what matters.

So what do others think about DBA and programmer Analyst being same or similar or not ?

Some more insights into this topic:
I think the 'AC 21' does not mentioned about the same or similar 'title' but did mentioned about the same or similar 'job'. So it seems that the title is not very important for the portability, but the job duties. In many practical work situations, the DBA also involved in analysis, design, and development of applications(database related),which includes coding. He also do testing, and debugging of the system. So, if the new job offer letter also specifies the same or similar job duties as that of Programmer Analyst for DBA, then is there any problem to accept the job or portability?.Any comments are welcome...
Thanks.