Same experience. I have been waiting for three month after my RFE received.

cooldami

Registered Users (C)
Guys, I have same experiences.
My case was reassigned to an officer in middle of Jan after INS received my RFE response in Jan 8th. I am still waiting hopelessly. BTW my case RD is September.

Same as you. My RFE was sent by Fedex on 12/24/02. Case was assigned back to the officer in Jan 2003. No any news now. I think our cases were assigned to same officer who is the slowest one. We are the most unluck persons to meet that officer.

RD 9/15/01
ND 10/15/01
RFe 12/12/02

May God bless our these pity little persons.

same here...
RFE response received by INS On 11/1/02. Assigned to officer on 1/13/03. Talked to IIO today and told me that the case is with the officer.

Still waiting...btw rd/nd is Jun/Jul 2001.

Rajju

Looks like NSC forgot about RFE replied cases. I am also in same boat., RD sepetember 2001, RFE replied in Feb., still waiting.

My friend replied in Feb and got approval in 2 weeks. Believe it or not, my friend's friend replied in Nov and still waiting for approval.

Oh God! bless evey one, who is patiently waiting for GC approval from INS.

what can we do after 90 days

What can we do? I am really frustrated for this long time and hopeless waiting.

RFE should be adjudicated within 90 days after the response is received. If not then the Attorney can call NSC and ask for the reason for the application being overdue. At that point if the response is not satisfactory then the Attorney can get the service center liasion involved and the service center has to clear the application without any further delay.

INS received my response to RFE on Jan 7th. If I will not receive any feedback this week. I will ask my attorney to call NSC. Any body has this experience? Any body has other good idea?

Approved in 2 weeks after RFE

I received my RFE response(Birth certificate) on Jan 7th, replied on March 11th. 485 is approved on March 26th.

Cooldami,

Is there any rule the case has to be adjudicated within 90 days form the date of receipt of RFE. My RFe reply was received and assigned to the officer for about months now and still nothing happened.

Now I just don't care and back to business as usual. When it happens, let it happen.

hate to burst your dam but i waited for 6 months before they even look at my case. but anyhow, my lawyer always asked me to wait whenever i told him it's 6 months. according 6 months is still normal. :mad:

I am in the same league as u all
RD Sept 2001, ND Oct 2001 RFE replied Jan 7th 2003 no approval yet.

SRI_ANI are you from a special registrant country

smile everyone...
medi

Last edited by a moderator:
I am from India.

I don't what is special registrant country is? I am from India, it is processed in EB3 RIR category.

Special registrant countries are the ones whose (non GC alien) residents are required to go through special registration at local INS offices and Airports as well as interviews and finger printing effective Oct 1 2002.

Pakistan, Bengladesh, Saudi Arabia are among the other 22 countries. India is yet not a required country but rumors are that it will be soon.

PS : It seems that none of the applicant from any special registrant country has gotten approval since Nov 2002.