same day passport processing

maldita0811

I really need help in here, I applied for my naturalization:
June
August 6 , biometrics
October 27, purchased ticket to travel outside the US (dec.21 travel date)
November 18, Interview
December 19, oath taking ceremony.
Called the airline if I could cancel my flight and said yes, but ticket in unrefundable.
I am in so much stress right now because I don't have enough time to get a US passport.
my question is? Does anybody know or has any experienced in applying same day processing of passport? Thank you.

When is your trip? If it's within 2 weeks of your oath ceremony, you can apply for a same day passport (go online and make an appointment now for the relevant passport office). You will have to go in person. Do you need a visa for the country to which you are going? If so, I think you can apply even early than 2 weeks (if you can prove that you need a visa - show a printout of the visa requirements). If you can't get an appointment, just go to the passport office and show your proof of travel. They will let you in.

My oath taking is in the 19th of this month, and on the 21st which is Sunday is my trip. I don't need a visa for this travel. After oath I'll have to run to the US State Govt to apply for a passport. Do you have any idea how long the ceremony would be? Thank you

It depends on the city where you'll be taking your oath. Could be a couple of hours, but in Brooklyn it took 3.5.

I am in Atlanta, Georgia. I have an appointment for the US state Govt at 12nn hopefully I can process my passport at the same day.

Yes, the passport agency, hopefully im able to get my passport at the same day. I have all my supporting documents beside my Naturalization certificate.