same day EAD avail in Denver field office?

adjustee

Registered Users (C)
Just wondering....
Applied for EAD last week @ NSC thru mail.
One of my friends is pretty positive that Denver INS field office is still giving out same day walkin EAD.

Anyone tried recently? Last 2-3 weeks
Your comments welcome.
Thanks

In denver office they give EAD on the same day.I went for renewal of my Ead.They gave it within few hours.

thanks..

Thanks for your response suren!!

Would you mind telling me when did you do to the denver office?
What time should I be there?

I am applying for EAD for the first time. Would that be okay?

Thanks a lot!

I went to INS by 7 am.I waited like nearly 90 mins in the room.After that htey called me and took the photos and renewed my Ead. Dont take the photos along with you( which I did unknowingly).They will take the photos.
I think you can get your Ead but tell some good reason why you want to take from them eventhough you have applied.
Good Luck.:)

Does this happen in Chicago?

I mean can I apply this one day EAD in Chicago Labor office?

Thanks,

I wonder

Thanks Suren!
I can tell them a good reason.

Would it be okay for me to get the same day EAD from Denver and then call up NSC and cancel my applied EAD?
Also wondering whther I should take my EAD appl receipt notice to show them(Denver field office) that I have applied...

Thanks for your response..

There is no need for you to call and cancel your Ead because they are not going to give EAD for you( at Denver office ) for 1 year.I think they will give for you just for a temporary period(3or 6 months or so..Iam not sure).You can use it until you get your EAD card.I dont know whether rules have changed now.While taking the EAd you can ask them at Denver office and do accordingly.

Thanks a lot suren

I will give it a shot and see how it goes.

Did you go to Denver INS after the rules changed this nov end?!
Just curious.
Should I take my EAD receipt notice that I got from NSC last weekend?

NB: I badly need the EAD soon since the new employer offering me this job is not very patient. And things are a bit bleak at my current place. got an RFE last week(my Rd is Aug2001) and my lawyer has just replied to INS. But I dont foresee myself getting GC for quite sometime because of the freeze.

I went to renew my EAD around 10 th oct 2002.Iam not sure of the exact date.They asked for my 485 receipt notice,passport.
It is good to take your EAD receipt and other Green card documents.For the money order you can take it in the Gas station which is next to the INS office.Good luck