Same Advance Parole valid for multiple entries??

sk321

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Recently I used Advance Parole to re-enter US after an abroad trip.

Actually I had two copies of AP and accidentally presented both copies to immigration officer at POE. The officer stamped both the copies with "Paroled until INDEFINITELY, purpose: to pursue application for adjustment of status". A new I-94 also attached with same stamping on it.

Question: Since I don't have anymore AP copies, the already stamped AP is still valid if I ever need to travel again or I should get a new AP from INS??

Thanks for your help.

Your copy should mention somewhere M which means multiple.

While filling the application form for AP there is a field for entries? What was your request for - Multiple or Single?

Hope this helps!

Details

Could you pls. post details of the docs. and questions asked at POE. When you left the US, did you hand over a copy of your I-94 to the airline?

Thanks

Thanks for your responses.

gbaliga - Advance Parole says "Multiple Entry". I guess this AP should be valid for multiple entries as you mentioned. Question is if one copy is enough for multiple entries then why INS issues 2 or 3 copies of same Advance Parole?

hedgehog - I presented my passport and Advance Parole to the immigration officer at POE. He looked into the AP once and advised me to see the officer inside. The officer inside asked general questions - Where did you go, how long, purpose of visit ?? etc. He told me to have seat and wait. I saw him checking in the computer several times. Later he returned the docs after stamping AP & I-94.

They didn't ask for any other docs. But I carried following docs also with me and I would suggest you so. 1) I-485 receipt notice 2) Recent pay stubs 3) Employer letter

I actually drove to Canada and my old I-94 was collected at US POE while re-entry. Usually the airline collects & forward I-94 to INS if you go by air while leaving US.