• 91K to 100k

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • 100 k+

Votes: 15 20.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

maald

Registered Users (C)
Assuming the range of salaries are between 50K -120K, please vote.

1. Range of Salary: 50K to 70K

2. Range of Salary: 71K to 80K

3. Range of Salary: 81K to 90K

4. Range of Salary: 91K to 100K

5. Range of Salary: 100K +

Thanks
maald

Last edited by a moderator:
Good survey. But please add <50K. My salary is < 50K and i am sure you will find many more people in this category.

Only Moderators can edit the poll...sorry

Sorry for my assumption that < 50K may not be necessary.

Results: 32 responses

50K to 70K 12 37.50%
71K to 80K 7 21.88%
81K to 90k 4 12.50%
91K to 100k 2 6.25%
100 k+ 7 21.88%

For those salaries under 50K, please use the option 1 (50k-70k).
since only moderators can edit the poll.

add 50k

although I am not in < 50k range, I know some people are there due to back economic market taking advantage of them.

so, please add it and let us see a better real statistical picture.

Re: for what ?

Originally posted by abc12321
for what ???
Still a poor man after all these years :mad:

Have you heard that city workers' average salary is 83K?! You know, the lady who throws your immigration paper out of the window, etc.

Re: Re: for what ?

Originally posted by tyzh
Still a poor man after all these years :mad:

Have you heard that city workers' average salary is 83K?! You know, the lady who throws your immigration paper out of the window, etc.

man, don't be depressed. I don't know where you get that figure for city average workers. But I can assure you that the average government administrative people don't get that much. Actually all US government employees follow the standard grades and you can check the standard salary based on their grades. Trust me because I work as a contractor in goverment.

So, keep hope up and wait for the good days to come.

eligibility for govt jobs

Hi abc12321

I recently got my green card.i would like to know whether gcholders are eligible for govt jobs.r there any eligibility criteria for applying for govt jobs?if eligible,how does one find and apply for such jobs?just like govt employees in india do govt employees in US also enjoy job security?

sorry for asking totally non-gc related questions.I didnt know where to get these questions answered for long.bcz u r a contractor with the govt. i thought it would be appropriate to ask u.

thanx in advance
ashsrikar

Re: eligibility for govt jobs

Originally posted by ashsrikar
Hi abc12321

I recently got my green card.i would like to know whether gcholders are eligible for govt jobs.r there any eligibility criteria for applying for govt jobs?if eligible,how does one find and apply for such jobs?just like govt employees in india do govt employees in US also enjoy job security?

sorry for asking totally non-gc related questions.I didnt know where to get these questions answered for long.bcz u r a contractor with the govt. i thought it would be appropriate to ask u.

thanx in advance
ashsrikar

Actually to my knowledge all USA government jobs (permanent) require citizenship, some even requires security clearance depending upon the type of work. We work as contractors so we don't need to hold green cards.

I have my friends working for state's who don't have citizenship.

I think federal jobs require citizenship in general - there may be exceptions.

Originally posted by abhi_01201
I have my friends working for state's who don't have citizenship.

I think federal jobs require citizenship in general - there may be exceptions.

Citizenship is not a pre-requisite for government jobs-state or federal. If the job requires access to classified information i.e. defense or security related then it will require a security clearance which requires US citizenship. Jobs in Aviation, FBI, NSA, Pentagon, DoD, NASA all require US citizenship.
I don't think a job in US postal service requires citizenship.

First I have to say, I meant for Federal government because that's where I am in. I don't know what Federal job does NOT require citizenship. Well, maybe some clerk type job doesn't need citizenship, but to my knowledge I don't think you can find a non-citizen fill in a permanent Federal IT employee position. If anyone sees some post, can you give me the URL link because I would like to apply for ?:D

go to this site and it says everything

http://www.usajobs.opm.gov/ will tell you everything.

http://www.usajobs.opm.gov/EI9.htm answer what kind non-citizen can aply for the federal job and they are as follows. Check if you qualify

Appropriations Act Restrictions
Congress prohibits the use of appropriated funds to employ noncitizens within the United States. Certain groups of noncitizens are not included in this ban.

They are:

Persons who owe permanent allegiance to the United States (for example, natives of American Samoa and Swains Island).
Aliens from Cuba, Poland, South Vietnam, countries of the former Soviet Union, or the Baltic countries (Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania) lawfully admitted to the United States for permanent residence.
South Vietnamese, Cambodian or Laotian refugees paroled into the United States after January 1, 1975.
Nationals of the People's Republic of China who qualify for adjustment of status pursuant to the Chinese Student Protection Act of 1992.
Citizens of Ireland, Israel, or the Republic of the Philippines.
Nationals of countries currently allied with the United States in a defense effort, (as determined by the Office of the Assistant Legal Adviser for Treaty Affairs, Department of State).
International broadcasters employed by the U.S. Information Agency.
Translators employed temporarily.
People employed up to 60 days on an emergency basis in the field service.

:D