Salary Question ???

GCCSCWait

Registered Users (C)
:(

My current Salary is 30% less then I485 labor filing salary. I got an RFE(I don't know what they want) on my I485. Does it affect my processing ? Do I have get a letter from my employer ? What should be in the employer letter ? Please advice

Thanks

WAC - 020-047-5*****
ND : 23 NOV 2001
RD : 13 NOV 2001.

Your case is just like mine..having been thinking what to do?? I think attorney will be giving some advice over such issue.. Looks like none of them on this forum might have gone thru this kind of situation..now a days ppl get quieres with no answers..

INS baghwan bala kare tera!!!!!!

One of the reasons such queries do not get answers is because the same questions get asked over and over again.

Try a search. Good luck.

Originally posted by Exile_2001
One of the reasons such queries do not get answers is because the same questions get asked over and over again.
Try a search. Good luck.
Well said! Though I don't recollect any legitimate querry not getting answered even if the answer is to RTFM

GCCSCWait,

Your question is a much answered one, search as mentioned by Exile is a good idea. Have you changed companies using AC21 after filing for 485? That could make a difference in how the LC salary applies to you.

GCCSCWait,

Once you get the RFE make sure that the last month ( for eg if they ask salary stubs for Oct, Nov Dec) make sure Dec salary = LC salary by encashing leave , taking advance whatever and get an EVL which states that you will be paid LC salary on receipt of GC don't bother about Oct, Nov salary even if its 30% less. You will get your approval.

This is assuming you are not a AC 21 case. If you are, follow I140s instructions. Good luck and you are just one step away. Relax and trust in God you will be ok!

If you haven't changed your employer then you have three options:
1. Beg/Blackmail your current employer to give your LC salary,
2. Ask your employer to give you an EVL saying that they will pay you LC salary after approval, keep in mind that YOU MUST make LC salary upon approval or INS can cancel your GC, they could redflag your case if you are not making LC salary right now and give an EVL letter.
3. Change your job to a new one under AC21.

Originally posted by 140_takes_4ever
2. Ask your employer to give you an EVL saying that they will pay you LC salary after approval, keep in mind that YOU MUST make LC salary upon approval or INS can cancel your GC, they could redflag your case if you are not making LC salary right now and give an EVL letter.

140 .. don't scare the kid.

Okay,

I have NEVER NEVER heard of a case where INS after granting GC went and checked if you are really making that much. As a matter of fact, there are folks who filed for unemployment right after GC and wasn't a problem. So don't worry about that. It's all a game of probability and the dice is loaded in your favor.

Most of all, quit worrying and enjoy life. I just got a GC after 2 frickin' years of wait, and I can tell you, I have become VERY lazy after I got my GC. Not having GC is in a way good. Though I hope you get yours soon. :D :D

Originally posted by 140_takes_4ever

Do you mean one may have less than LC salary in case of using AC21?

Originally posted by Silly Man
I have NEVER NEVER heard of a case where INS after granting GC went and checked if you are really making that much. It's all a game of probability and the dice is loaded in your favor.
And obviously you have heard of every case that the INS has approved or rejected I am sure. This actually happened to someone on this forum a long time ago.

I wouldn't play Russian Roulette with my GC, not after waiting for it so long. Besides, I wasn't trying to scare anyone, just advising GCCSCWait to be safe as compared to sorry.

It is always easier to be brave after the act as compared to before, so have a little patience when people are trying to be safe.

Originally posted by ItsComing
Do you mean one may have less than LC salary in case of using AC21?

Yes! Check a few of my last few posting on this regard, it has relavent links for backup.

Some info

An excert from www.Murthy.com on this matter...

Question : My I-485 has been pending over 180 days. I am in the same job as stated on the LC, but, due to the economy, my employer just cut my salary to a level that is below the salary on the LC. If my employer is unwilling to offer the higher salary, may I use AC21 to continue my GC application?

Answer : Since the INS has not yet issued any regulations on AC21, one cannot be sure if AC21 may be used even after a salary reduction. AC21 speaks in terms of "same or similar" position. It does not refer to salary issues. Originally, in June 2001 under the INS Interim Guidance Memo, the INS had stated that a person would be able to use AC21 as long as her/his salary was sufficient to overcome the "public charge" provisions. Later interpretations stated that the INS would look to the offered salary to determine whether the job was the "same or similar." Drastic swings in salary one way or the other may indicate that the job is different and dissimilar. More recently, the INS has stated in AILA Liaison meetings that the salary should be the same as that mentioned on the labor certification. This does not mesh with the previous guidance or the actual wording of the law. It is quite frustrating that there are no regulations more than 2 years after the law was passed. One could certainly argue AC21 eligibility in cases where the job duties are the same or similar, but the salary is slightly lower. Additionally, the INS has stated that the regulations will make an exception in cases of a reasonable good-faith interpretation of the law.

EDITORIAL COMMENTS : Salary differentials are an uncertain area in AC21 applicability. As stated above, the INS initially indicated that there were no salary restrictions, other than the public charge provisions. They reiterated this on a number of occasions and applied it in case adjudications. Later, they appear to have backtracked on this, although it is unclear whether that more narrow interpretation is being used at the various INS Service Centers and at the local INS District offices throughout the U.S.

AC21 was designed to allow for flexibility, both for the employer and the beneficiary. It was intended to allow for the movement of valuable employees to where they were needed, both within the sponsoring employer's locations and to other employers throughout the country. Given this, the salary should not have to be exactly the same. There are enormous variations in salary geographically. An individual may take a salary cut when moving from New York City to Iowa, even though the job is the same or has additional, supervisory responsibilities. The same is true when moving from a large employer to a smaller one. The same job at a major, national, company may pay more than at a small, start-up company. AC21 speaks in terms of "same or similar." A job that is "similar" but differs slightly in the responsibility level of duties or has lesser demands may also pay less. Some employers pay less money, but offer more benefits or leave time. Some employers pay less base salary, but offer the opportunity to earn bonuses of varying types. The possibilities are endless. We do not believe that AC21 was intended to require the same salary. We await INS regulations on this important issue to be certain for the future.

Posted Jan.10.2003

They don't ask that question. Even if they do, you could have been on leave for say 4 months for both those years
( theoretically). W2 doesn't tell how many months you worked.

You will be ok.

Originally posted by haiwang112803
But the last three years W2 will show all the fact you had earned. How will you explain this to INS? If they want you explain.
GC is for prospective employment not current, EVL should be good enough!