Salary change after GC

shangh71

Registered Users (C)
I had employment based GC on Feb.2005. From Y2006 up to now, I wasn't paid the salary as I140 indicated. It's drastically lower, although I am still with the same employer. I am wondering if this will cause any trouble in N400 process or interview.

Thanks!

Triple Citizen, ip1f, appreicated your replies.

I heard that if the salary dropped too much after GC may raise a red flag when applying citizenship... I did keep I140 salary 10 months after GC approved (Feb to Dec of 2005)...Hopefully it won't be an issue. . just worried...

Thanks again!

If the salary was always below the listed wage on the labor certification, that could call into question the legitimacy of the GC, and the N-400 interviewers have the right to look into the legitimacy of your GC. But that's only if the interviewer decides to get into those details; I have never heard or read of a case where the N-400 interviewer even asked what the salary was post-GC.

In your case the salary was maintained for 10 months ... so you have nothing to worry about.

10 months should be good enough. And if you still have worries - do not get into any other legal trouble, or file N400 before completing 5 years of GC. CIS has 5 years to revoke a GC - actually start proceedings to revoke the GC. After that their powers get a bit curtailed - not that they can not do anything if they can prove outright fraud and such. However, their motivation decreases and the complexity increases - hence my advice to stay out of trouble, and file N400 only after completing 5 full years of GC.