S1932 and HR4241 -ACTION NEEDED BY FOLKS AFFECTED BY RETROGRESSION

rs76

Registered Users (C)
Guys,
The house version of the budget cut bill has been passed after a lot of drama this morning.the house version of the bill does not have the releif provisions for the immigration issues like
Recapture of Visa Numbers
Eligibility to file 485 after 140 is approved with a non-current PD etc
The next step would be the Conference subcommitte will meet to create a unified bill of the Senate version and the house version ( Senate version has the provisions and the House version does not)
SO PLEASE spend atleast 10-15 minutes of your daily time RELEGIOUSLY FOR THIS CAUSE to either
EMAIL,
FAX
or if you could CALL the Capitol Switch board and ask the delegates to support including the provisions of the Senate version into the final BILL
this is a GREAT chance for us to create a good releif to our situation right now.

PLS VISIT HTTP://ISNAMERICA.ORG/HOMEPAGE.ASP AND REGISTER AND LOGIN TO USE THE FREE WEBFAX SERVICE
IT DOES NOT COST YOU CENT TO DO IT SO PLS SPARE THE REQUIRED TIME

HERE IS A MESSAGE in the ISNAMERICA FORUM of how to contact the representatives
Please ask me questions if you dont know how to
I know we all are busy in our lives and tend to think some one else will take care of the problems for us,
but if we dont unite and work here we wont acheive this goal, so i urge you to show the support which wont take more than 15 minutes of your DAILY time.

MESSAGE FROM FORUM

More action still needed
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As most of you know already, Bill S.1932 deals with Budge Reconciliation and its immigration packet has a clause that allows filing I-485 regardless of visa number availability as well as obtaining EAD and Advanced Parole with the pending I-485.

Though S. 1932 was passed on 11/3/05 in the Senate and its similar House version H.R. 4241 barely passed on 11/18 (217-215). The immigration clause in S.1932 can't be enacted and acted upon unless it is approved by both the Senate and the House. What's the next legislative step you might ask?

Conference Committee consisted of Senators and House Representatives still need to reconcile the differences between H.R. 4241 and S. 1932. The process of drafting the uniform bill could potentially leave out the clause relevant in relieving visa retrogression.

Everyone looking at this list should help out and write/fax/call the Congressional delegates in the Senate and the House because anti-immigration force would also lobby hard to get the Congressman to not inclulde the clause related to resolving visa retrogression, which many readers in this forum desperately need.

Please ask your friends and family members (i.e. parents, spouse, brothers and sisters) to write/fax/phone to your Congressional Delegates TODAY to show the support of S.1932.

There is a free service provided at http://www.IsnAmerica.org that allows you to efficiently send however many faxes to members of the Senate/House using the WebFax Service. The registration only takes a minute and you can send the faxes to ALL Senators and House of Representatives in your state who are undecided or pro-immigration with just a simple click of a button. My friend and I have used it and it works nicely.

For your information, the list below shows the leaders in the House and Senate and they may have profound influence on the committee member selection as Speaker of the House names the members for the conference. Since the WebFax can easily fax to all members of the Senate and the House, it is worth faxing to all members in your state and then call up the leaders at Congressional switchboard at 202-224-3121 to show your support and express your concerns.

***** LEADERS IN THE HOUSE *****
- Dennis Hastert (R-IL) -- Speaker of the House
- Roy Blunt (R-MO) -- Majority Leader
- Deborah Pryce (R-OH) -- Republican Conference Chair
- Jim Nussle (R-IA) -- Chair of Budget Committee Chair
- Jim Sensenbrenner (R-WI) -- Chair of Judiciary Committee
- Lamar Smith (R-TX) -- Senior Member of the Judiciary Committee

***** LEADERS IN THE SENATE *****
- Bill Frist (R-TN) -- Majority Leader
- Mitch McConnell (R-KY) -- Majority Whip
- Jon Kyl (R-AZ) -- Republican Policy Committee Chair
- Arlen Specter (R-PA) -- Chair of the Judiciary Committee
- Judd Gregg (R-NH) -- Chair of the Budget Committee
(source - Hammond Law Group update)

Unfortunately, none of the leaders I have listed are based in California. It will be tremendous help if all readers of the forum send the faxes (from states covering the leaders as well) because the anti-immigration lobbyists might have similar tools and/or better experience in organizing their campaigns.

Thanks!! --ed