S.1932:Update us on development by TV here

Status
Not open for further replies.

GCdreamer2006

Registered Users (C)
For those watching C-Span.org, please post here what is going on. Sen. Byrd should be starting by now at 2:00PM....

He is on now. He has started hi spitch on a strong anti-immigration note..saying that the country is overcrowded.

damn......senator (r) from Aalabama or Arkansas also support byrd's shit.....

senator judd gregg says that areln specter is not in the senate to counter their arguments.....guys...this amendment will stand...we need to call everyone and make them aware.....

sad day....
GCdreamer2006 said:
For those watching C-Span.org, please post here what is going on. Sen. Byrd should be starting by now at 2:00PM....

Major politics

Byrd shot down everything except L1 Visa fee increase of $1500. He had a handshake with Jeff Someone (R- Alabama) , a republican who was part of the senate judiciary committee. This republican supported byrd amendment in public. Judd Gregg another republican also supported assuming this bill is about border security ???

Looks like its going to be very hard

Attached are additional talking points against the Byrd amendment. The
amendment will basically strip the Senate Judiciary Committee language
from the bill and add the House Judiciary Committee language which would
impose a $1500 fee on all L visas.

Please feel free to pass these on to others--it is important that we get
as many phone calls into Senate offices today and tomorrow. As a
reminder, the Senate switchboard number is: 202-224-3121. Senator
Byrd's office number is 202-224-3954 (the point person on this issue for
the Senator is Dave McMaster)

Senator Byrd is still scheduled to bring up his amendment at 2:00 p.m.
today. Votes will be tomorrow.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Talking Points: Vote “NO” on Byrd Amendment to Budget Reconciliation Package

Today from 2:00 to 3:00pm it is anticipated that Senator Byrd (D-WV) will offer an amendment that would strip the additional employment-based (EB) and H-1B visas approved by the Senate Judiciary Committee as part of the Deficit Reduction Omnibus Reconciliation Act of 2005. The amendment would impose a $1500 fee on L-1 visas, identical to that already passed in the House. Please call those Senate offices with whom you have constituent relationships and urge them to vote “NO”.

Key Talking Points Against the Byrd Amendment follow:

· While, the House Judiciary Committee and the Byrd amendment would meet budget reconciliation obligations by imposing a $1,500 fee on L-1 (intracompany transferee) visas, the Senate has supported a different approach that would help American employers to grow, compete and innovate here in the United States.

· The L-1 visa fee in the Byrd amendment is a tax on business. The $1500 fee would not be used to improve immigration processing or otherwise make America more competitive. The fee sends yet another negative message that the U.S. is not conducive for business.

· The Senate Judiciary package would recapture UNUSED H-1B and employment based visas. This will allow American employers to hire vital employees in the United States rather than abroad.

· The ability to attract and retain the best talent from around the world is a major factor in American competitiveness. Arbitrary quotas on employment-based green cards and temporary visas (H-1Bs) for highly educated workers hurt our ability to attract and keep talent—and ultimately jobs—in the United States. The current Senate language allows U.S. employers to continue to access and retain certain talent.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

We need at least 1000 phone calls between today and tomorrow. Please do it. We have to win fight. Thanks to all of you who have made calls and sent letters and e-mails already!

jon coryn is speaking in favor of increasing immigration visas.....
guys we need to make the calls today..........

Way to go John Cornyn!!!

Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas) spoke very articulately and in support of the visa number increase. He knew what he was talking about. In conclusion, he has urged his colleagues to vote against the Byrd amendment.

Cornyn is a smart man. Hope others follow suit.

It seems to me like Republicans are going to be our friends on this issue.

Sen. Cornyn did very well. If I understand correctly, they are expected to vote on all amendments tomorrow or no later than Friday.

IT IS TIME TO CALL !
We need to keep explaining our EB issue and how fair our pledge for support is. I will send letter and attempt to talk to the main reduction group leaders and explain the EB crisis.

Republicans...

If I get my GC and Citizenship ... down the line I will be supporting Republicans in major way ... Democrats does not stick to any plans...

I did my contribution by forwarding the request to call the senators through out my BIG company(THe world's BIGGEST NETWORKING COMPANY)

If this email contributes at least 100+ calls, I am done with my expectation out of it. Lets see.

Thanks,
GC_Geek

Democrats did assist in "Cuncurrent Filing." There are many issues that dictate who to ellect one single issuse should not affect your support. What is wonderful about American Politics is a each can caste their own vote. Ofcourse you should do what you like but the nature of the beast "politics" is that the party in power tries to show that they are doing something (esp, when elections are a couple of years away) and the other basically tries to jeopardize what they are doing.

Call to senators

I was just thinking to provide a quick format to make the call to senators easier. I am just putting it after talking to some of my friends , who wonders, what to speak to a senator. Please comment on it.

Here is how it looks like

1. Call capitol Hill exchange - 202-224-3121 then tell them to direct to your Senator's office or other senator's office (where you want to call).
2. Desc in a line or 2 about your situation like "I am currently in H1-B visa & applied for immigration status 4 years back etc, (Please try to make it personalized)".
3. Then let them specifically know that you called to request the senator to vote "NO" on "Byrd's ammendment" on the bill ( Bill No - S1932 )

I tried to call Jhon Cornyn(R-TX), Jeff Sessions(R-Al) & Barbara Boxer(D-CA) office that way. it seems it is quick & easy.

Call to senators

I was just thinking to provide a quick format to make the call to senators easier. I am just putting it after talking to some of my friends , who wonders, what to speak to a senator. Please comment on it.

Here is how it looks like

1. Call capitol Hill exchange - 202-224-3121 then tell them to direct to your Senator's office or other senator's office (where you want to call).
2. Desc in a line or 2 about your situation like "I am currently in H1-B visa & applied for immigration status 4 years back etc, (Please try to make it personalized)".
3. Then let them specifically know that you called to request the senator to vote "NO" on "Byrd's ammendment" on the bill ( Bill No - S1932 ) TV mounting service in Alexandria site of company wemountyourtvs.com/tv-mount-service-alexandria-va/

I tried to call Jhon Cornyn(R-TX), Jeff Sessions(R-Al) & Barbara Boxer(D-CA) office that way. it seems it is quick & easy.

an interesting option

Status
Not open for further replies.