ruxrux approved - wac02-103

ruxrux

Registered Users (C)
We have received our approval letters from San Jose CIS field office today!

It's been a bit long, but finally the wait is over. CIS did their best to make it painful. This forum made its best to make it less so, therefore thanks I140, Kashmir, pinnacle_man, some very silly man (but not his alter ego 1AmShantanuB), desi-bartender, mango-pickle, max2k1 oh and pcee and vipsha (who will probably never see this thread).

Our "courtesy copy" notices were (interestingly) dated 7/19, same date when they also sent us interview notices. The date is crossed with black ink and 8/27/04 is stamped over it.

As for the feeling... nothing! nothing! Like when after a year of army service I was let out - nothing special, it was my time anyway. If they let me 2 months earlier, I'd be happy as a cucumber but as it is, after so many years - nothing. We'll go to stamping next week.

If anyone is interested, I'm buying beer to immigrationportal.com members at a certain location at a certain time - yet to be determined, when I pull myself together.

Congrats man. Long overdue. Now you can enjoy the mysteries of LUD tracking the actual plastic. :(

Congrats !! You made it !!

Now with your approval, will you continue to scan the Feb 2002 data? if not, I would like to keep it going untill my approval (no tell when). Let me know.

wac02103

Congrats

Most Deserved approval.

Enjoy, take a day off. And then join the group of plastic card waiters.

Great news !!

ruxrux

Many Congratulations on an approval so well deserved. Finally CIS decided that they've had enough of your case :p

Take time off and just party your a$$ off :D :D

Thanks for all your scanning efforts and also for the summary program :cool:

Awesome!

congratulations ruxrux... i've thought about you quite a bit ever since you had the interview... i remember logging on to see your accept after that and being stunned to read that you had to get a vaccination... well anyway, what wonderful news... you are in the home stretch as they say here.

becky

Ruxrux,
I am very glad to hear your approval. I was hoping they approved you on your interview day. Anyhow, it had happen and it is over now.

Congratulations and Great to hear!

Your service to this portal was very helpful. The report generation program you wrote is a extremely important component for processing scan data. Thanks a lot for your help in Project Open Scan.

Regards,
Pinnacle_man
ruxrux said:
We have received our approval letters from San Jose CIS field office today!

It's been a bit long, but finally the wait is over. CIS did their best to make it painful. This forum made its best to make it less so, therefore thanks I140, Kashmir, pinnacle_man, some very silly man (but not his alter ego 1AmShantanuB), desi-bartender, mango-pickle, max2k1 oh and pcee and vipsha (who will probably never see this thread).

Our "courtesy copy" notices were (interestingly) dated 7/19, same date when they also sent us interview notices. The date is crossed with black ink and 8/27/04 is stamped over it.

As for the feeling... nothing! nothing! Like when after a year of army service I was let out - nothing special, it was my time anyway. If they let me 2 months earlier, I'd be happy as a cucumber but as it is, after so many years - nothing. We'll go to stamping next week.

If anyone is interested, I'm buying beer to immigrationportal.com members at a certain location at a certain time - yet to be determined, when I pull myself together.

Raincheck

on the beer ruxrux. When you come up to PDX, we will go for one. Congratulations man. Proud that you were in the army and glad you got your approval.

PHEW! You might not feel a thing, but I am extremely happy for you. :) Your case was the last that I was personally interested in, and you were the last of the originally active posters who have shared the thick and the thin of INS's whims and fancies.

I can only say CONGRATULATIONS! :) Hopefully at somepoint of time in the future you will feel better about the approval than you do today.

Interestingly this process had its silver lining in the fact that it bought together so many people who would never have met or known each other. I truly feel despite our odd meetings and regular forum chit chat we have grown to be friends. Rooting for each others approval, cheering one another when INS got us down. Without that this process would have been unbearable.

I am also pleased that we actually flexed our democratic muscle in voicing our opinions. People might have contrary views on the fact whether it made a difference or not, but for me it was therapy. To actually take out my frustrations at a process that till now I had no avenue to vent against.

Now with your approval, our circle comes to a close, with so many of us getting approved at nearly the same time, I can foresee this forum getting less lively. I still hope it doesn't die out and people continue to assist each other and share their woes.

But for you my friend with the approval in hand this is an opportunity to grow. To actually fulfill dream unfettered by immigration legalities. :) No more excuses for not getting a better job or making that trip outside the country! :) The pleasure of having to check the box that says PR instead of putting in the visa you used to be on.

Looking forward to seeing you to celebrate this in person. :) CONGRATULATIONS once again and good luck for the future! :) I am only sorry I dint see this approval notice earlier.