Rumor from CSC

GodHelpUsGC

Registered Users (C)
I heard this rumor from a CSC guy, not sure of its authenticity.

CSC has started processing May 2002 cases to avoid the second fingerprinting notice. CSC is currently processing like VSC November 2001 and December 2001 cases. To start the Jan / Feb 2002 cases, CSC will take another month by which time the fingerprinting of both Jan & Feb applicants would have expired. So in order to cut down work on atleast few cases, they are going to start on May 2002 cases.

Can this be?

Damn it! my RD is April.

If this is true, what will happen to the March and April RD filers? Anyone has a clue? :mad: :confused:

ND 04/02/02
FP: 06/10/02
EAC 02-162-53255

Actually CSC started postponing the 1st finger print, that is ,
fingerprint notice will be issued only after 8 months after I485 application is accepted. This will prevent the 2nd fingerprint.

Meow.

why 2nd time?

Pardon my ignorance but is there a reason to why BCIS asks for finger printing the second time?

NK

Apparently the results of the fingerprint test are only valid for 15 months. It seems that BCIS is not storing the scanned fingerprints and therefore after 15 months of your fingerprint date you would have to go again. THis is only what I learned about this here on the board. I am not aware of any 'official' BCIS statement on this matter.

When they say the fingerprints expire after 15 months, it means
that documents attached to it are not stored more than 15 months.

Meow

Fingerprints expiry

There are lot of threads which discuss about this issue.

When you submit your fingerprints, they are sent to FBI for crime history. The report of history, if exists, sent by FBI to BCIS is treated as valid for only 15 months. This is similar to your credit history which gets updated based on your financial actions. After 15 months, the report submitted by FBI is treated as invalid by BCIS and they would like to get a fresh report before approving your AOS application. Unfortunately, the fingerprints submitted by you are neither stored by BCIS nor by FBI. So, when they need a fresh report from FBI, they will ask you to goto BCIS and submit your fingerprints, so that the process will start again.

Bob