RTD Processing Dates

mshefar

Hello,

I'm a Green Card holder based on asylum granted. I applied for an RTD with Nebraska Service Center and my application was received on September 21, 2006 and I'm still waiting for the document. I have a trip coming up on December 18th 2006 and I'm wondering if there is anyone in this forum (or if you know someone) who has a receipt date close to mine and has received either the RTD or RP. Or do we know when the NSC is at when it comes to the processing dates (I have a feeling the August 17th date on the website is not updates). Thanks! :)

mshefar

3 months

It usually takes three months to process. I hope you get it soon enough to travel on December 18. Why did you asked for a RTD and not a RP? Remember what happen to wantmygcnow. But if you still have your NP is the better choice, remember there is a new law starting on January 2007 about National passport. NP is the best choice.
Good luck!
:)

No Passport for COP

I'm a citizen of Somalia and there is no passport recognized from that government. RTD is therefore the only choice I have. I have just found out that a friend of mine had a September 7th receipt date for his RTD and received an approval email on Nov 29th. Could this mean they are ahead of schedule at NSC?? :confused:

mshefar

Request for Expedited Services

I have been faxing (as per the advice of the National Customer Services people) to have my RTD application expedited. I have done this 3 times now, repeating the faxing after every 3 days of no word from Nebraska Service Center. Is there a limit to how many faxes you can send to request this expedited service or is it pretty much as many times as you can? I have to visit my sick father in another country (not COP). Are you allowed to drive to Lincoln, Nebraska to personally see whether you can appeal to someone there to have this document processed??? :mad:

mshefar said:
I have been faxing (as per the advice of the National Customer Services people) to have my RTD application expedited. I have done this 3 times now, repeating the faxing after every 3 days of no word from Nebraska Service Center. Is there a limit to how many faxes you can send to request this expedited service or is it pretty much as many times as you can? I have to visit my sick father in another country (not COP). Are you allowed to drive to Lincoln, Nebraska to personally see whether you can appeal to someone there to have this document processed??? :mad:
RD for my rp is 08-18-06.i fax them and wrote them 2 times .i even provided them with an express mail return envelope so far nothing yet.i finally cancelled my trip.this process is unfair.you $170. you wait for 4 months and you get a year for rtd or 2 for rp.