RTD application,plz help

luckyguyinus

Registered Users (C)
hello guys,
I just received the Recommended Approval from USCIS and I'd like to pay a visit to Germany in June,so can I fill I-131 form and apply for the RTD?You know I am still waiting for the FBI's clearence and Final Approval,but I've no idea how long will it take,hope to hear from u,thanks a lot.

Recommended approval is not good enough for RTD. I heard the security or background check can take really long though.

Recommended approval is not good enough for RTD. I heard the security or background check can take really long though.
If I am not mistaken you can get Advance parol while waiting for decision to be made and use it to come back to US if you have your national passport. You better double check with USCIS or an attorney.

Thank you guys for your replies.The letter USCIS sent me on the 2nd page said:
If u plan to depart the U.S and intend to return,u must obtain permission to return to the U.S before u leave this country,if u leave U.S without first obtaining advance parole,it may be presumed u abandoned ur request for asylum.U may apply for advance parole by filing a form I-131,Application for Travel Document......

so to my understanging,USCIS allow those who get recommended approval leave this country and return with RTD,is that right?That's what they said in the letter...thank u all again

Thank you guys for your replies.The letter USCIS sent me on the 2nd page said:
If u plan to depart the U.S and intend to return,u must obtain permission to return to the U.S before u leave this country,if u leave U.S without first obtaining advance parole,it may be presumed u abandoned ur request for asylum.U may apply for advance parole by filing a form I-131,Application for Travel Document......

so to my understanging,USCIS allow those who get recommended approval leave this country and return with RTD,is that right?That's what they said in the letter...thank u all again
They won't issue you a travel document because you are not approved yet but like I mentioned earlier you might be able to obtaind AP but you need to have your valid passport to travel and use AP to re-enter US.Keep in mind even if you be able to obtain AP and leave, while you are away if USCIS deny your case, BCP at POI won't allow you to enter even if you have AP on hand and you have to leave so you won't be able to appeal their decision because you are behind the border and it considers beeing out of country and USCIS will have all the juristiction over your case and in many cases you won't be able even see attorney.

Last edited by a moderator:
They won't issue you travel document because you are not one yet. but like I mentioned earlier you might be able to obtaind AP but you need to have your valid passport to travel and use AP to re-enter US.Keep in mind even if you be able to obtain AP and leave, while you are away if USCIS deny your case, you won't be allow to enter to US even if you have AP on hand and you won't be able to appeal their decision.

Thank u mh66ii,uh,considering my situation now,it's better to be granted final approval and go abroad,hope FBI finish their job ASAP,thanks guys`

Moreover, I read somewhere, if you leave the United States on AP with asylum decision pending and you get approval when out of the United States, you might have to get RTD to reenter the United States although you have valid AP in your hand.

Moreover, I read somewhere, if you leave the United States on AP with asylum decision pending and you get approval when out of the United States, you might have to get RTD to reenter the United States although you have valid AP in your hand.

Tanya09,thanks for your kind reminding,I'll not leave this country until I got the final decision,by the way,how can I check my case status?I can't find any information on USCIS website when I enter the receipt#,people here are so nice,thank u all.