RTD after Aug 02?

lee_haircut5

Registered Users (C)
All,
Is there anybody out there who submitted RTD after Aug 02, 2004 (either e-file or traditional way) that have been approved and got the RTD in hand?

My receipt date was Aug 06 (e-file) and I still have not received it. My spouse's date was Aug 12 (e-file). And my spouse already got it in hand (mailed last Friday Nov 12, approved Nov 05).

Should I start calling the 800 number? Any other suggestions?

Gracias
Lee_haircut5

I applied september 10,and in october I sent a letter from work to expedite the RTD.I saw my file was worked up on and the last update was showing 11/11/04.But I didn't saw any change on the status.I don't knnow if it means anything.Could you please check with your wife before she got the approval ,is there change in the last updated date and is her status changed at the same time or it took some time?

Thanks

Gebre,
Here are the details:
My RTD:
received Aug 06
Last update date Nov 08, 2004
Status is still the same, no change, not approved yet

Spouse RTD
received Aug 12
approved Nov 05 (per the case status online.."On Nov 05, the document we made was mailed directly....etc..etc..etc..")
Last update date Nov 10, 2004.
Got it in the mail on Nov 12, 2004

So, they actually updated the case again after they approved it, as you can see. Probably just a step to kinda close the case.

Hope that answers your question.

It looks like mine was somehow updated on Nov 08 but after that, there was nothing. No approval yet.

What should I do, you think?

lee_haircut5

Lee_haircut5 ,thank you for your detailed answer.I think we have very similar situation updated in November but not yet approved.
I think give them a little bit time before you do anything but if 10 days have passed and nothing ,you can contact your congress man to contact the USCIS in your behalf,that normally works really good.

Thanks again
Good Luck
Gebre

You might get it soon.

lee_haircut5 said:
Gebre,
Here are the details:
My RTD:
received Aug 06
Last update date Nov 08, 2004
Status is still the same, no change, not approved yet

Spouse RTD
received Aug 12
approved Nov 05 (per the case status online.."On Nov 05, the document we made was mailed directly....etc..etc..etc..")
Last update date Nov 10, 2004.
Got it in the mail on Nov 12, 2004

So, they actually updated the case again after they approved it, as you can see. Probably just a step to kinda close the case.

Hope that answers your question.

It looks like mine was somehow updated on Nov 08 but after that, there was nothing. No approval yet.

What should I do, you think?

lee_haircut5

I had to wait for mine for 7 months!!!! Applied in Jan 12 and only got it August.They are actually processing it faster now, from what i 've been reading in this forum......

Sad to say, merely 2 years ago (2002) it was taking them on average 45 days to process RTDs. I believe they are performing serious background checks on applications - however, that still isn't an excuse.

I applied my RTD on Aug 19 and just got a email from INS requiring additional document.
Although I do not recieve the letter, I assume they need my original RTD since it expired on Jan, 2005.

RD sept 10,2004
Motion to expedite it Oct,21 2004
The last update changed 3 times recently first 11/11/04
then 11/18/04 and now 11/19/04.But I don't see any updates.

Do you think they are considering my "motion to expedite RTD"
Because I need this RTD very badly for a business trip which opens my opportunity to the top position.

Thanks
Gebre

Last edited by a moderator:
Gebre,
I just checked and my last update date was 11/17/2004. But the status is still the same.

The Notice Date was Aug 06, 2004. As a reminder, my spouse with a Notice Date of Aug 12 already got it in hand. (approved Nov 05).

lee_haircut5

lee_haircut5:
I don't know what is going on but defenitley,they are doing something with it.Did you call them to ask about all this updates but nothing is changed on the substance?

I haven't called anyone. I am thinking about waiting until after Turkey Day and then if it still doesn't get done, I'll either call the 800 number or contact my local representative.

Which one do you think I should call? Which one would be a more efficient strategy?

gracias,
lee_haircut5

The effective way is of course to contact your representative.I am thinking to do the same if I don't get it soon.Talking about your wife's case,before she got approved did the last update thing changed and how was the whole update thing in her case?Sorry for asking again,but just I am eager to know what is going on.

Thanks

Gebre,
You know what? I didn't check before her case was approved whether the update thing changed or not.

The next thing I know is that we got an email indicating her approval.

Are you going to Japan for your business trip? There is someone on this forum going to Japan for the business trip, wondering if it was you or not.

If you are - please share your experience in getting a visa to go there. I may have to do this as well.

gracias
lee_haircut5

Yes,I am planning to travel to japan and Austria.The problem is my deadline to travel is december 6th.About the visa,if your trip is a business trip you will need an invitation from the company you gone visit,letter from your employer(Business format),Asylum granted letter,one photo ,filled application form.
I hope this will help
Good luck
Gebre