RP Visa booklet "detached"

wantmygcnow

Volunteer Moderator
I just got to germany. When the officer scanned my RP, the booklet came out...so he had the cover in one hand and the booklet in another. Since he did it..he let me go(i had a visa)...but should i do anything or leave it alone??

I dont want to glue it and seem like something fake etc?? any suggestions? GO to U.S EMbassy??

Call the US Embassy before you go - you shouldn't waste your time. Most likely they will tell you there is nothing they can do.

However, I would leave it, since the most important document you need to re-enter the USA is your GC - and I am sure you have that with you. At the POE, just let the IO know that the travel document was ripped by the German IO.

Since this is a legitimate document, both A #s will match (on RP and GC) and both will have your picture on it. So no need to worry about IOs suspecting you. Be prepared for them to 'confiscate' the travel document however, since it is damaged and not a USA Passport. They may take it away from you upon arrival and ask you to apply for a new RP.

Thanks Lolali. I am not concered about US officers because I always show GP + NP and also german immigration is ok i think too.but these stupid airline ppl give too much problems.