Risks!!!

kewlmarc

Registered Users (C)
Hi Jim/All knowledgeable ones,
My situation is not unique and lots of other people in the forum must be in the same dilemma as I am.
I did my concurrent filing I 140/I485 in September /2002 and I'm yet to hear anything ab't my I140 case(No rfe yet)
I guess with current I140 processing speed at VSC I don't expect my I 140 to be cleared before June'2003 (no rfe hopefully)
Meanwhile I got fingerprinted and get EAD in early december.
I work for a consulting company with whom I have very good relations and since I finished my project last month,I'm on the lookout for job.
Recently I got an offer from a BIG 4 company which sounds very lucrative..
My consulting company and me have an understanding that the company will not withdraw my I 140 petition while it is pending even if I change my job.
Now my question to the forum is :
Q1) If I use my EAD to join a new company while I140 is pending and its been over 180 days since the I485 receipt date,
How does INS come to know I have used my EAD and I'm not on H-1 anymore.
a) If I do not inform INS and change jobs using AC21,what are the potential risks ?
b) If in the meantime ,I get an RFE in my I 140 how do I(or my lawyer) tackle that ?
Is there anyway I can respond to an I140 RFE for lets say "low company financials for company A " while working for Company B using EAD ?
c) If I get an RFE regarding job transfer intent in my I 485 how do I(or my lawyer) tackle that ?
Q2) If I were to change states (New Jersey to New York) for employment,how will it affect my I 485.Is my case prone to a local office transfer(New York waiting time for interview - 2 yrs)
Answers to the above question are eagerly awaited.
Thanks for making the effort to answer my questions.
Good luck to u all