ric2 - please look on this approval from my attorney:

No Title

Wow Sept appoval - Great! Congrats! - In the board you mention your RD as Oct\'01 in a subsequent posting - Which is correct? Also, I don\'t know if what you heard on the AVM is a typical 485 approval message. Well, your lawyer confirms it is, so go ahead and enjoy! Hope this is opens the floodgates for September.

this message is NEW. cool

"Processing for your Alien registration card or Green card has been completed. Your INS document will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready"

No Title

few days back on this board one guy got the same AVM message but when called IIO it was not approved . will search and try to post the link

I wouldn\'t get too exicted about it. Check this out first

There was an earlier discussion about the same AVM message. The complete discussion is at
http://www.immigrationportal.com/WebX?128@@.efe43bb

Scroll down to message# 14. Mystery solved...

I think there are lots of Jul/Aug/Sep filers pending before OCT starts. All the same I hope and pray that processing speed picks up and all of us get approved soon.

The first message specifies

that AOS application was filed in September 2001.

and the later message says:
RD: First Week of October 2001
ND: 3 week of November 2001
EAC: EAC-02-xxxx
State:NJ
Center:Vermont

How funny is that???

God only know what is happening at VSC? I am sick and tired of
this waiting ......

Letter to Senator / Congressman

One of my friends had written to his senator and Congessman on his plight; It seems he got a call from the Senator\'s office and they have taken his details: The letter is pasted below:
Do you guys think We should also do this???
+=============================================================
To:
F.James Sensenbrenner, Jr., Chairman

Dear Mr. Chairman,
It is indeed heartening to note that your views on the INS has at last been accepted and that massive re-organization has commenced.
Much as We ,the Prospective immigrants wish that this had happened a couple of years ago, it is ,\'better late than never\'.
You must be aware that there are thousands and thousands of cases pending at the INS in various categories; the most painful category is the Adjustment Of Status (AOS) because, this is the last road block in the INS, and,after years of waiting at the various other stages one tends to become impatient, nervous and neurotic as this waiting time increases. Even Now after all the happenings, INS is yet to get its act together.
The hardships we have to face during this delay are:
1.The mental turmoil and nervous mindset makes a person abnormal and
prevents him from performing his duties at home and work.
2.One cannot achieve his or her ambition like going to school for a
Masters Degree or any Advanced Course of study since he / she is not
eligible to get the Government\'s subsidized Loans . Even worse
scenario is,if the person has a son or a daughter who is about to go
to College -Low interest Loans without a Permanent Resident Status
( Green Card) is ungettable.
3.Even though the AC21 Regulations have been announced there are No
clear written regulations implemented as yet,and therefore people
who have opportunities to advance their career are unable to grasp
these chances. You may very well know that "Opportunities are not
Lost but someone else steals them". In this case the INS steals the
Hopes and opportunities of such people; The way of the INS
stifles the Life of people who have paid their taxes and contributed
to this Wonderful and Great nation and Who are trying to become
Lawful, Law abiding Residents. Is this Justice?
4.Decisions to buy a home, settle down to lead a normal life etc are
put on hold; domestic life and family relationships get strained ;
this results in depression and stunts the hopes and passion of the
children who dream of a Great Life in this land of opportunities.
These are but a few of the mental and physical stress faced by people.
Is there light at the end of the tunnel?
Will the April showers bring May flowers??
Is there a way out of the maze ???
Honorable Chairman, you the best person to give us redemption. We look forward to your continued progressive thoughts and actions which we are sure will lead this Greatest land of -- Honor, Justice, Opportunities, and Immigrants to Greater heights.
Thanks and with warm regards,

good way to go!

During I140 frozen, We did an email compaign. They worked. We should do that now. Otherwise, they will sleep there forever.

i think these dates are

ok. The application may have been filed i.e. mailed in Sep 2001 but it only was marked as received at INS in Oct and hence the RD of first week in Oct (remember, things were not as quick back then. Only now people are having MD, RD and ND all within couple of weeks). ND of 3rd week in Nov make sense too.

surely anyone can do this but

it better not be copy and paste like those heaps of resumes out there. If congressmen/senators starts getting such stereo type letters, on daily basis, it will lose its purpose and effectiveness. One has to be realistic before approaching a congressman/senator. Just because I filed my 485 yesterday and I want GC tomorrow attitude is not going to cut here. Neither would \'My neighbour/colleague/someone I know got his in 6 months, I must also get mine as mine was filed around the same time\'. We all know (or should know) by now that no logic or theory can be formulated on the approval pattern by INS. 2 to 2.5 years for the whole process is normal time frame. \'Sheep heard\' mentality will block this avenue as well.
my 2c worth

Just a comment on SEP approval.

Guys, don\'t want to sound negative,this is my guess for the early approval of SEP case.
    Last week I came to know about a very early approval of a special 485 case ( It is termed as special because if there is any caveat / threshold in your case like kids getting older then required age to file GC with parents etc. while case is pending),you can tell INS the caveats and they take your case as an special case and try to speed up the approval process. May be the sep case approved had an special tag on it or may be not.
      Just a thought.