• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Rfi

vasa

Cn 2009as00014xxx
nl received july 31, 2008

my family consist of four persons wife, two sons & myself. We have all filled and sent ds - 230 back to kcc. Our interview is confirmed for april. Is it possible for only one son and myself to proceed with visa application??? As my elder son who will be 21 in march is not keen to go and my wife need to stay back due family obligatons. Any advice.;)

Principle applicant decisive factor

Cn 2009as00014xxx
nl received july 31, 2008

my family consist of four persons wife, two sons & myself. We have all filled and sent ds - 230 back to kcc. Our interview is confirmed for april. Is it possible for only one son and myself to proceed with visa application??? As my elder son who will be 21 in march is not keen to go and my wife need to stay back due family obligatons. Any advice.;)

It depends on which country you come from, if you are the primary winner, absolutely you can do that, the beneficiaries are not obligated to join you if they aren't interested.
If she won the lottery then she must attend the interview and determine whether you get the GC.
I realize from your signature you come from ASIA, therefore its very important to note if you come from BANGLADESH the above may no work for you. Refer these info from that consulate.
IMPORTANT NOTES:
"If you are married at the time of your DV interview, your spouse must accompany you to your interview regardless of whether or not he/she will apply for a visa. You should also be prepared to submit evidence of your marital relationship (e.g. nikah nama or wedding certificate with English translation, wedding photos, etc.) at the time of your interview.
As an anti-fraud measure, Diversity Visa interviews will not be rescheduled. If an interview-eligible Diversity Visa applicant does not appear at the scheduled date and time, the applicant’s Diversity Visa eligibility will be terminated."

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks yeswecan.

sorry about lack of info. I am the principal winner. No I am not from Bangaladesh.

Do all four of us have to attend the interview even if only two will be applying for vivas. ;)

Only that who want to get the visa must go to the interview.

But keep in mind, your wife can not immigrate easily to jpin you later!

It may be not very difficult so long as the beneficiaries apply before 30/09/09. Someone attended interview on 24/02/09 and was granted the visa. He did not fill DS 230 and 122 for his family members because he wants to first travel alone and then call his family later. All he was told was required was that the family members intending to apply for the visas join him in the interview. The CO just asked them to stand and after seeing them issued forms DS 230 and 122 and advised that they make sure they apply for their visas before 30/09/09. The gentleman was in a similar situation. His elder son is about 21 and is not interested in immigration. His wife and younger son are to fill the DS 230 and 122, photographs and pay when they come for their interview(s). This is a case in kenya and situations may be different elsewhere.

Before Sep 30th, I think anything is still possible as long as the PA finished everything he/she need to do.

It may be not very difficult so long as the beneficiaries apply before 30/09/09. Someone attended interview on 24/02/09 and was granted the visa. He did not fill DS 230 and 122 for his family members because he wants to first travel alone and then call his family later. All he was told was required was that the family members intending to apply for the visas join him in the interview. The CO just asked them to stand and after seeing them issued forms DS 230 and 122 and advised that they make sure they apply for their visas before 30/09/09. The gentleman was in a similar situation. His elder son is about 21 and is not interested in immigration. His wife and younger son are to fill the DS 230 and 122, photographs and pay when they come for their interview(s). This is a case in kenya and situations may be different elsewhere.

So they had to appear before the CO for him/her to prove they existed?

I think they had to be present to prove they existed and the PA had indicated that they will follow. What i see as easy is that it is the CO who issued them with the DS230 and 122 forms to fill when they will be coming for their interview(s). The CO also advised that they ensure they carry out the medical on time and book their interview(s) within the said period.