RFI for ND July 2001

ukulele

Registered Users (C)
I just received this e-mail today about my I-485:

Current Status: On June 24, 2005, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 14 days have passed and you have not received the notice, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

Asylum Approved: 5/00
I-485 ND: 7/01
FP Notice: 7/04

Looks like they are serious about processing 2001 cases. Though I haven't received any correspondence from CIS.

Just a though: maybe if everything is in good order they won't request any additional information and approve the application.
ND 01/2001
FP 08/2004

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if everyone who's been getting their RFIs lately are gonna be included in their fiscal year numbers.

ukulele said:
I wonder if everyone who's been getting their RFIs lately are gonna be included in their fiscal year numbers.

Yes they will. As you know the judge approved the settlement verbally on June 15th and he is going to issue a written order anyday soon. Once that order is isued BCIS is obliged to process 18,000 adjustments before the end of this fiscal year which ends September 30, 2005. They only have a few months left and they need to process all this applications, so what they are doing now is preparatory work on those application which will be approved soon after the order and will be counted towards the required number of 18k applications for this FY.

can someone that already got RFI let me know if all they need is medical so i can go and do it an advance. i want to be ready by the time the phisycal letter arrives.

ukulele said:

I kind of concure with your presumption. In fact there was information on this forum (and as issued by NSC) that NSC sends out RFI to those who they identify would be eligible to get approved in the current fiscal year which will end by September 2005.

I sound too optimistic--ha?

Then how do they detrmine who is eligible, since they are supposed to go by ND date? I don't think that's their criteria - that may serve as basis for discrimination. :)

Mike N. said:
Then how do they detrmine who is eligible, since they are supposed to go by ND date? I don't think that's their criteria - that may serve as basis for discrimination. :)

You bring good point. They don't seem to work on first-come-first-served basis. Unfortunately, they did not establish or provide us the basis how they determine "eligibilty" for 2005 approval. Overall, I am glad they move forward approving cases as late as August 2000.

bornTwice said:
You bring good point. They don't seem to work on first-come-first-served basis. Unfortunately, they did not establish or provide us the basis how they determine "eligibilty" for 2005 approval. Overall, I am glad they move forward approving cases as late as August 2000.

But I feel bad for asylees such as Gino(with 1999 date) and maybe others with 2000 dates that are still waiting. It should be first come first serve..

niki_bb said:
can someone that already got RFI let me know if all they need is medical so i can go and do it an advance. i want to be ready by the time the phisycal letter arrives.

Niki, you should wait till you get the RFI...MY RFI asked for

1) New Medicals
2) A birth certificate(I submitted affadavits)
3) Updated Biographic Form