RFE's lets get togther

vaccination

Originally posted by formerfingercorssed
I was pregnant when I did medical exam last year, so I didn't
take the vaccine shots. My RFE is for asking to get the vaccine
shot.

What about yours?
My wife did not take any vaccines as she was pregnant too. But her case got approved without RFE. INS doctor has the authority to waive the vaccinations . Do you know that ?

To Kalkot

Originally posted by kalkot

Hi formerfingercorssed,

I also got RFE for medical.I don't know the details yet. Can you post what is your RFE medical about??????
Thanks,
kalkot

I did get RFE for medicals because INS doctor did not put tick mark to TB results OK check box. So RFE notice asked me to go for TB test again.

taurus02

Yes, I am aware of that. My attorney told me that INS
used not to send RFE for this kind of case, once the
doctor waive the vaccine, you waived. But apparetnly,
the INS officer who handled my case didn't think so.
Your wife was very lucky. I've heard many RFEs have
the same reason as I do.

Nowaday, you have to have a perfect case and very good
luck to get your case approved as you expected, otherwise,
you'll get a RFE and endless waiting.

Good luck.

Re: Re: I've been waiting for more than 2 months now.

Hi formerfingercorssed,

I got my RFE. It is because of the stupid people in the clinic. They forgot to include the supplement form in the sealed envelope. Just now I got the supplement included in the sealed envelope.

I have one more problem. Since there was shortage of Td vaccine during last year , I did not take that shot. So, INS was waiving Td vaccine at that time. I don't know if INS will issue another RFE now for that vaccine.

Thanks

to kalluris

I am still waiting for approval . Mine was simple RFE for Employment letter and we responded within 10 days of receiving it.

INS received on : 06/10/02:mad:

Anybody?

Does anybody who got RFE get approved recently?
I've been waiting about 3 month and start worry
now. Please post your details. Thank you very much.

to formerfingercorssed

To formerfingercorssed

Did u call IIO anytime after responding to the RFE , if so whats there response?

I have resonded to my RFE almost 7 weeks back and I am still waiting and it sucks.:mad:

To yerkola

yerkola,

I called INS twice. The first time I called was when I had responsed the RFE for about 1 month. The IIO told me
that my case was with an officer, and she(the officer) will
make a decision in a couple of weeks. I called second time
one month later, and they still gave me the same shit: my
case was with an officer and she will make a decision in a
couple of weeks.

How about you? Did you call them? And what did they say?

To formerfingercorssed

Mine is also similar. My RFE response was received by INS 4 months back. I got the same response too (Assigned to officer). My lawyer called up once. Same reply. Did you change your address after the RFE by any chance? I am just trying to see if it has got anything to do with address change.

Junfiler2

junfiler2,

I did change my address but it was before I got the RFE,
I think what's why I got the RFE for last year W2 and 3
month paystubs. My lawyer said that there is nothing to
worry about, but I am still anxious that maybe something
is wrong.

Keep in touch. I will let you know if something come up.

Aproved

RD 01/19/01
ND 01/31/01
FP 02/08/2002
RFE 05/24/2002 Recived by INS
APROOOOVED 08/01/2002

Please keep this thread alive

I called IIO yesterday and got the same answer. Contact my laywer and she's gona call INS. But my laywer said there would be no difference whether I call or the laywer call. She also suggested waiting.

Junfiler2,

Any update recently?

No updates so far. I had called up VSC last week and an IIO said that she doesn't know what is wrong and that she would send an e-mail to the concerned officer and that I would hear something in a couple of days. A week has passed by.

Junfiler2

Format of employment letter

Hi All,

I would like to file for I-485 and my questuion is what information does need to be there in the employment letter?.

My company says that it just needs to contain
My Name,
Start date,
End date and
Designation.

But my friends say it should mention the technology or area i worked for that company during that period.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
bju

AVM message in case of RFE

My case is as follows:
RD: Aug 06, 2001 (completed 1 year yesterday)
ND: Sept 26 ,2001

I had switched my job after I completed 180 days in Feb 2002. My previous employer had still sent a letter to INS saying that they are no longer sponsoring my GC process.
So I am kind of expecting to get an RFE for the clarification on my new job information.

Whenever I call VSC every night, I get the same old message about my "FP results being recieved on Jan 14......" I have two questions for you people who have actually received RFEs.

1. Does the AVM message changes when an RFE has been issued on a case?
2. Also does the INS send RFE letter to my home address or to the lawyer (of my previous company) who applied my GC?

I would really appreciate any answers.

Lately, I am getting very impatient and just want to get over this whole GC stuff.

Thanks in advance.

Re: AVM message in case of RFE

Originally posted by Intzar4GC
My case is as follows:
RD: Aug 06, 2001 (completed 1 year yesterday)
ND: Sept 26 ,2001

I had switched my job after I completed 180 days in Feb 2002. My previous employer had still sent a letter to INS saying that they are no longer sponsoring my GC process.
So I am kind of expecting to get an RFE for the clarification on my new job information.

Whenever I call VSC every night, I get the same old message about my "FP results being recieved on Jan 14......" I have two questions for you people who have actually received RFEs.

1. Does the AVM message changes when an RFE has been issued on a case?
2. Also does the INS send RFE letter to my home address or to the lawyer (of my previous company) who applied my GC?

I would really appreciate any answers.

Lately, I am getting very impatient and just want to get over this whole GC stuff.

Thanks in advance.

Intzar4GC,

In my case, The AVM message was changed when an RFE had been issued. They sent the RFE letter to my lawyer. I think your case will be approved pretty soon if you are lucky enough not to get an RFE. Even you got an RFE, most people have their cases approved in less than 4 weeks according to their posts. Don't worry, hang in there.

Previously I got an RFE for Employement letter, 2001 W2 Form and 2001 Tax returns. I had sent all of them. Today VSC issued another RFE. I don't know the details.

RD 08-01-2001
First RFE Issued on 07-19-2002
Reply for first RFE Received by VSC 07-31-2002
Second RFE issued on 08-09-2002
:confused: :confused: :confused: :mad: :mad: :mad: :( :( :( :(

Last edited by a moderator: