RFE's Issued

march02485info

Registered Users (C)
RD -> 03/05/2002
ND -> 03/25/2002 ( LIN02142XXXXX).

USCIS Issued RFE today . Do they send a copy to applicant or only for Lawyer. Just curious, My lawyer tries to mint as much $$ he can..

Will update will RFE details....

The RFE goes directly to your lawyer. If you can, go to your lawyers office and pick it up. If it's an Employment Related RFE, you can respond yourself along with help from your company.

Also, this is part of your I485 application process, so check to see if your legal fees cover this item.

As a side note, when negotiating fees, make sure you have a package deal that covers everything. Other some of these people will try to squeeze some extra money for routine items.

rgds,
sadiq

Can I reply to the RFE myself?
I don't work for the sponsoring employer and I had informed INS about it (sent AC21 letter and new employer letter). Now my attorney is asking me to sign a contract for the remainder of the process. He is not quoting a lump sum amount but just telling me his hourly rate.
At this point I don't know what the RFE is about. He has given me two options:
1. Sign the contract, or
2. He'll close my file and forward INS correspondance to me.

Please suggest what should I do at this point????

AXP,

depending on your financial situation and the competency of your present lawyer I would recommend going with him and negotiate a fixed sum for the RFE. You can decide on this amopunt by pinging other attorneys. There is no point in changing horses midstream. For a few hundred bucks I would not attempt to reply RFE by myself.

If he has handled your case well and has been reasonable in the past it is better to continue and finish the final stage in the process.

All the best.

Shop around for good attorney, preferrably in the same city where you live. This hourly fee is a problamatic thing, where you will end up with disputes with your attorney, which may be harmful to your case. You should not be paying more than $1000.00 to take care of the remainder of the case.

Thanks Guys!!!
Actually based on the hourly rate and estimated number of hours, it will definitely more than $1000.
It's not that I am not wiling to pay, but the thing is at such an advanced stage, why should the attorney ask for so much money.
Also, why doesn't he give a fixed amount?
That's why I thought about doing it myself. If the RFE is really complicated, I can always hire a better attorney. What do you guys say???

I agree with Reliance and RSur

AXP -

Generally speaking, I think it's a good idea to stick with your attorney and have him handle your case until your GC is approved.

This is not to say that you are not competent to handle your own case; however, having someone who has the legal background, as well as the experience in handling this type of case, would do far better of a job than, let's say, I would.

As for shopping around, caveat emptor. I've heard many horror stories from this forum about attorneys who do not charge heck of a lot, but sure do a heck of a lot damage on your GC application.

Just my 2 cents...

Japanese

How long it will take to receive RFE. BCIS updated the website on Feb27th that they sent an RFE for more evidence. My lawyer saying they didnot get it as of today.

4-5 days

Mine was issued 3/1. Website updated 3/2 around noon. Attorney received it with Sat. 3/6 mail. Gave it to me Monday 3/8. Sent it back Tue 3/9.

RFE for employment..

Can anybody reply - what documents are required to reply RFE for employment verification.

My attorney ( old employer) states that they need a labor , 140 etc to use AC21 ocz i changed employer recently.

For changed employers,

Here is what it says on the RFE:

"If you have changed employers since filing your application for AOS, the letter shall be issued by your current and new prospective permanent employer. This letter must specify the duties of the position, requirements of the position, job title, wage, and the date you actually began employment. This letter should be issued by the appropriate authority within the organization that has ability to confirm the job offer.

Finally, if you have changed employers since filing your application for AOS, please submit a statement including the names of all employers and the beginning and ending dates of each employment."

From what you read above, it sounds simple. Good luck.