Rfe ....

priyali

Registered Users (C)
I called NSC yesterday and was told that they will be requesting further evidence in my case. But the online status and AVM does not say that. Anybody with similar experience?

Also how many days does it take to get the RFE letter once the online/AVM status indicates it? Also how much time does NSC give you for responding to a RFE?

RD : 08/10/01
ND : 09/17/01
FP : 08/20/02
Loc : Columbus OH

Priyali

You should see the AVM and online status changing by the end of day. Usually they give 2 to 3 months for response.

I am sure you are very frustrated .. hang in there .. the worst is almost over.

Let us know what the RFE is about?

It takes a week to get the letter and then another 4 or 5 days for INS to update the status that they recieved RFE response, once you send it.

Since most people are getting RFEs and the most common of them being latest employment letter, may be the guys who didn't get RFEs so far, should take a new employment letter, put the LIN number on a cover letter and send it to INS. You know, if you get lucky, they might put it on the file and don't have to send RFE saving you 3 months. Worst case, nothing happens, and you send it again when you get the RFE.

my two paisas.

I had the same question when I called and checked my EAD renewal status. They update the information on their computer system one week ago before I saw it from the case online or AVM.
and five days later I got the letter.

By the way, Does any one have an idea how long it will take to get the renewal EAD card after submit the RFE---I forgot to submit my photos. ----------dumb!!!!! I mailed them out last weekend after I got the requsting letter from INS.

Thanks a lot!

Last edited by a moderator:
i have question:

RD:OCT'01
ND:nov'01
recentlt we got any rfe and it has been updated.

my question is:is there a chance for my case being transferred to local office after getting an rfe,we filed 485 after 2 months of our marraige.
thank u

Finally my lawyer received the RFE for employment verification. She will be sending a response shortly. I hope the end of my waiting is near.