Rfe

AIndian

Registered Users (C)
Hi I checked AVM yesterday night and found out I got a RFE. It is the last thing I wanted to hear. I have changed employer only last month. I don\'t know the details of the RFE, will update you once I get the letter.

No Title

Here are the details:
Category:EB2 -RIR
PD :01 JAN 2000
RD :29 JAN 2001
ND :07 FEB 2001
FP :15 MAR 2001
Changed Job : 20 OCT 2001(joined client)
RFE :27 NOV 2001.

No Title

AIndian,

Did you inform ins about your job change? Did you apply for CP?

Good luck with your rfe? hopefully should be basic stuff

No Title

Thanks for the support. No. I didn\'t inform INS about my job change. And Yes the 140 is approved for CP eventhough I have asked for AOS. I came to know about this only recently. I didn\'t get a copy of 140 approval, It is all taken care by the lawyer.

No Title

per most of the other folks who got rfes with CP 140, you might be getting the standard request (w2 or employ letter). search for rfe and then CP in this forum and you can get an idea.

by the way, is the 6th digit in your EAC number 5? that can indicate whether your i40 was for CP or AOS (well, thats the kind of details I guess we all learn duirng this painfull time, educating each other on the finer points of the ins process ;-()

No Title

what is correct, AIndian? Can you please confirm if the number is 5 indeed, and if you are sure that the 140 was approved for CP? thanks again

No Title

then the theory of sixth digit (excluding EAC) being equal to 5, implies AOS, is probably incorrect, since AIndian got CP and his sixth digit is 5.

Oh well ....

No Title

How To Read Service Center Notices?

People receive either Receipt Notice or Approval Notice once they file any petitions or applications with the four Service Centers (VSC, TSC, NSC, CSC). This message is posted to give a guidance to the people on "how to read the case numbers" on the notices.
Generally, the Service Centers generate the three different types of receipt notices: (1) Most of the cases other than listed in (2) or (3) system. (2) I-751 and I-829 cases. (3) N-400 Naturalization cases. Please remember that none of the numbers represent "physical receipt date." It rather represents the date the filing fees are receipted and data input to their computer system.
Illustration of System (1) Notice: LIN-99-001-50001: Most of visitors to this web site receive this system of notices.

VSC, TSC, NSC, CSC: People should know what these stand for: Vermont Service Center, Texas Service Center, Nebraska Service Center, California Service Center

99: Represents the fiscal year the case is receipted.

001: The first day of the fiscal year, 10/01/FY. It only counts so-called computer working days excluding week-ends and holidays. Generally the ending date of any FY is 265, 09/FY.

50001: The number "5" stands for symbol of this receipt notice system as opposed to other two systems. The whole number represents the particular case number. In this case, it is the first case receipted into the system on that particular workday.
The case number is also available on the rear side of the cancelled checks for filing fees paid.
People can check status of their cases electronically for this system.

Illustration of System (2) Notice: LIN-99-001-00001: This system is used for only certain limited types of cases. It can vary depending on each Service Center. This information is generated by mainframe and not accessible by public electronically, probably for protection of privacy. This case is distinguished by the first number "0" in the last five digits. Most of EB visitors of this web site do not receive this type of notice. The typical cases involved in this system is Petitions for Removal of Condition for Permanent Residence which are filed by married couple and investors after acquiring conditional permanent resident status for two years. This number can also be found on the rear side of the cancelled check.

Illustration of System (3) Notice: Naturalization Cases: LIN*000000006.

This type of notice is distinguished by two features: First astericks * rather than FY designation. Second, numbers are printed in a series. What this means is that receipt notices are generated stricly in series. The number on the Receipt Notice is called APP ID, application identification number.

This number can also be found on the backside of the cancelled check. However, people will also find a second number on the check, such as LIN$00000000(1), LIN$00000000(2). These numbers are not shown on the receipt notices. These numbers represent the number of checks receipted for filing fees: N-400 fees, FD 285 FP fee. These numbers are found only on the canelled checks. These numbers are called PAID ID, payment identification number.

When people check case status electronically, only APP ID number works.

However, people may also use PAID ID number when they check status with IIO "live person."

copied from www.immigration-law.com