Rfe

hkk

Registered Users (C)
Guys,
An update.
Just checked my status - 'On Mar 17 we mailed a doc requesting got more information....'. For myself nd my wife.

PD: 11/99 (approx)
RD: 05/17/03
ND: 08/23/03
FP: 04/02

I had changed jobs late last year using AC21. Not informed INS though. The current salary is about 80% higher than what was stated in the the LC (that was when I just got out of school).

Do you think I should be concerned? Currently, I do not have any attorney working for me. Is the response to RFE something that we can do by ourselves?

Not sure what triggered the RFE. My 3rd AP was approved on the Jan 29th, but I never recieved it (my wife got it within a week). Multiple calls and requests to BCIS didn't help yet.

Thanks
hkk

don't worry, be happy

In about a month, all ur INS worries will be a distant memory. But first, wait till u get the actual RFE in ur hand. Keep all your recent tax returns in order, all your recent W2s ready and copies of all recent pay stubs ready (recent = last 2 years).

Get an attorney to frame an employment verification letter for you, along the lines of your I-140. Since your salary is higher, it should not be matter for concern, but it would be good if ur job duties haven't substantially changed. For example, if you were a software engineer before, it is good if u are not a marketing manager now, etc. Obviously, actual job content may have changed, but don't mention that in letter.

It is worth hiring an atorney for this. But just wait for the RFE and see what is in it.

Good luck!
-insjinx

Sorry for the confusion on the dates. Here are the correct dates.

PD: 11/99 (approx)
RD: 05/17/01
ND: 08/23/01
FP: 04/02
RFE sent: 03/18/04

Thx for the replies.

The attorney does get a copy of the RFE, right? I am worried, my copy might get lost in BCIS mailing or US mail, as was my AP.

-kk

Hi hkk, here is the saple letter draft you can use.
[ DATE ]

U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Citizenship and Immigration Services
Texas Service Center
P.O. Box 850965
Mesquite, TX 75185-20965

Re: Adjustment of Status of Your name, Your A number
Dear Officer:

In response to your Request for Evidence mailed on date, and in support of your name application for permanent residence, this is to confirm that he is presently employed with us on a permanent basis as a Your position responsible for your duties and skills. Your name has been employed with us in this capacity since your start date, and is presently earning an annual salary of your salary. Prior to this he was employed with your previous comp name. It is our intention to abide by the terms and conditions of the immigrant petition previously approved on his behalf by your previous comp name, including the annual salary of at least your salary, once his application for adjustment of status is approved.

Thus, pursuant to the American Competitiveness in the 21st Century Act, we respectfully request that Your name application for adjustment of status be adjudicated favorably as more than 180 days has passed since he filed the application and as his position with us is in the same or similar occupational classification for which the immigrant petition with your previous comp name. was filed.

Sincerely yours,

[NAME of Employer’s Representative]
[TITLE]

Change werever mentioned your name etc, with you info.
and the letter should be on ur company's letter head.
Along with the letter you need to have
1.Recent pay stubs(past 2 to 3 monthes)
2.All your tax returns with W-2 forms.