RFE Waiters : Post updates here

Received RFE by post.

My attorney received RFE by post. It is to prove my immigration status. I have till March 22 to repond. RFE was issued on Dec 28th.
RD: 11/22/00
ND: 12/07/00
FP: 07/11/01

GOT RFE for Birth certificate

I got a RFE for birth certificate. The Name is not expanded on the original birth certificate we provided for I-485. Attorney asked for copy of matriculation (showing name; & unfortunately my matriculation is screwed up the same way) and affidavits from parents.

Q: What kind of affidavit of birth do I need to provide to answer this RFE? The sample sent by Attorney says "the birth is not recorded". But this is not the case with me. My birth is recorded and we send that certificate with the original I-485 application.

Q: Do we need to provide the affidavit on Govt: stamp paper and notarized in India or Affidavit on plain paper notarized here in the US will be sufficient?

Q2: Can I get Govt of India\'s (non judicial stamp paper) bond paper anywhere in the Chicago area? Does the India consulate sells this paper?

Q: Indian consulate has a legalization servie. Is this something that I can use to get notarised/legalized affidavit of bith.

Do you have, by chance, two spare stamp paper of Govt ofIndia that I can borrow? I will retun them in a few weeks.

====
Can you please explain what this RFE is ? Does anybody have similar experience ?

RFE waiting

RD: 20 Sep 2000
ND: 20 Oct 2000
FP: 15 May 2001
RFE issued: 5 Dec 2001
RFE replied: 17 Dec 2001
RFE ack: 31 Dec 2001
Approval: waiting...

Exactly same situation as yours

Hi Mehjun: My ND is 12/08/00 and FP is 07/17/01. I also received same
RFE(issued on dec 28th) - i.e I94, emp auth copies. and have to respond by March 22. Looks like same officer is working on our cases.

Thanks

Yellow form.

INS didn\'t send me the yellow form, still my attorney submitted the yellow form for me along with employment letter, I94 and copy of EAD. Due to miscommunication between me and my attorney, she added the old copy of my I94. Not knowing that I was out of US and got new I94 and also the old submitted I94 got expired.
I think that\'s why I was told to submit current I94. RFE was replied today 01/10/02.