RFE Thread

RFE response recvd by INS

Hi guys
I checked AVM for my case and found that it has been updated for receipt of RFE response. It was never updated for issue of RFE. Lawyer recvd RFE on 03/05, I got the non-avail docs from India in Fax on 03/06. I gave to lawyer on 03/07 who responded to INS the same day. AVM updated for receipt of RFE response today. So, I just pray God and hope that I get approval in another 1-2 weeks.
-KumarSunil

BVM: RFE notice recd today 03/11

for me - 3 recent paystubs, 3 years tax returns (including 2001) , 3 year w2\'s , and a employment verification letter from the company.

for my wife - form 693 (medical - she had not gotten her tetanus at the time of filing because of shortage)

Lawyer said they need a statement from the company regarding its viability and their ability to pay my salary, whatever that means!

Hoping to reply back by the end of the week.

I rcvd RFE too same as BVM, employment letter, 4 yrs tax, w2

How will the response be from INS once we mail them, are they going to ask for more.How many days to get approved.

generally speaking

CSC will not send further rfe unless u do not do a good job in answering rfe i e if u do not provide all they ask for

hi kumarsunil

why u didn;t submitted your nonavail certificate when you filed your i 485. why did you got rfe for nonavail certificate. pls reply. B\'cas i filed with nonavail certificate which the authority in india gave me in a plain paper with a simple stamp on it and on the top some reference number. I also notarised that opy with the lawyer. do u think this is ok.

What should be included in an employment letter.

I received RFE on Mar 4. It required employment. Because my case is EB1-EA, self petition, I don\'t know if the company size matters and if this should be addressed in the letter. Please share your opinion.Thanks!

Humbleman

The RFE that I received from INS says the following:

"Submit a recent letter from prospective employer on their original letterhead (Not photocopy) showing that they are still offering you the position. If you were a self-petitioner, submit an offer of employment from prospective employer that indicates the position, salary/wage, and the duties to be performed."

I hope this helps.....

Any Idea RFE Processing

Hi Gurus
   Any idea about how INS process RFE cases once they received RFE response from us?

ScorpionRaj, RFE Processing...

When the mailroom receives your mail and opens it they notice that it is an RFE because they see the RFE notice as the first page of your package. That is why INS tells you in BOLD LETTERS to attach it to the top of your RFE reply. That sheet also contains info on which officer was adjudicating your case and consequently raised the RFE.
What I am not sure of is :
A) Whether the officer returns the case to a holding area where it waits for your reply - OR -
B) The officer holds onto the case and waits for your reply.
Nevertheless, the contractors/clerks make sure that your RFE reply is tied to your case and your case is with the same officer again. I think that is when they update the AVM for receipt of your RFE reply. From that point on till approval is again dependant on the officer and his workload situation. Right now, I would rather be in your position than mine. You will get approval sooner rather than later. Just a little more time.

Thanks Dee Rod !!

Thanks for the information, you have always helped me. Actually I am a bit worried as few people who\'s RFE was received 1-2 day before me has been approved & I was wondering how long it takes for my case to get approved. Thanks again.

Dee Rod.. careful what u ask for!

> Right now, I would rather be in your position than mine

I understand ur frustration and believe me I thought the same too "rather have an RFE than stay in the dark". Its a whole different thing when u get an RFE. It HURTS BAD when u think about the fact that all the officer had to do was approve it since he had already picked it up. So, be patient and ask for approval than an RFE.

My morale has gone so low after the RFE that I feel that I might get a second RFE for GOD KNOWS WHAT :(

Good Luck, May u get ur approval soon!

:)
BVM

Documants submitted to attorney

I have submitted documents requested in the RFE to attorney. He will be sending RFE response to INS today.
Will keep posted.
RD : 4/30
ND : 6/28
RFE issued on Feb 13, 2002 for (1) certificate of non-availability of birth certificate (2) 3 latest pay stubs

--pban

Good News Pban

Good to hear that you have submitted required documents to lawyer. It takes about 7 working days to reach the response & AVM update regarding RFE. Good Luck !!!! I am still waiting to hear from INS after they received my response on 02/28/02

Me Too

I submitted all the required documents to attorney today. They told me that they will review all the documents and send out the papers in the next few of days. I don\'t know what that few means. I hope though that it is soon.

Get on their case on Monday, gcking...

you have waited long enough. You don\'t want to wait some more because your attorney wants to sit on your papers or is too busy. Remember, they work for you. I would wait till the end of the week and call them on Monday. That should give them enough time to confirm that all the paperwork is in order.

No, really! It beats having to wait interminably...

I am going crazy checking AVM every night and hearing no change. An RFE would tell me my case has been assigned and so will not fall thru the cracks. Prior to being assigned any case could fall thru the cracks. But, I want my RFE now, not after 2 months or so. :) :)

Don\'t worry too much. A second RFE is very rare. As long as you have satisfied all the requirements of the RFE you should be okay. Wishing all you RFE\'ers a quick approval.

Hmm.. Unlucky me

I sent all the relevant docs for RFE response to my lawyer on 03/06th and the lawyer\'s office received it on 03/07th and they have not sent the reply to INS. I have already sent 5/6 emails to them asking for expediting the process, but to no avail. After going thro\' all the hassle, I don\'t want them screwing up on the paperwork, just because we gave a mouthful of thrashing. That\'s why I am still patiently waiting for them to send the response.

I will have my day, when the case gets approved. Also whenever I ask, if they have sent their response, their favorite response is "We are reviewing the docs to what is asked by INS and we\'ll keep you posted as soon as they send it to INS". God knows, when that \'as soon\' going to happen.

Till then, remaining hopefully with wishes to everyone for speedier approval ( esp. without RFEs )
Tamizhan