RFE Thread

Thanks guys

Yea, my lawyer acted way too fast. I have asked relatives in India to send by FedEx the original copy, though they sent a clear copy today by Fax, but my lawyer was just too fast. I do not know what will happen, but lawyer was saying between the two copies that you sent they may be able to figure out the contents. But one never knows of INS.
-KumarSunil

interview or RFE

Guys, anybody has the interview experience for I485?
INS will send RFE or interview notice based on RANDOM selection or the case that seems has some problem.
The tax return is from IRS local office or just the copies we filed in the last several years.
I filed TAX return in differen ways: efile, mail....
I just got FP notice. WAC-01-297-xxxxx

Message changed.

Hi just checked my avm . Msg changed to on March 7th........blah blah. Mailed on march 5th. Hope approval shld be soon.

gcking and others......

hello friends,

when you say, RFE was generated and INS asked for employment verification letter, paystubs, birth certificates and W2\'s for previous years etc., I need to know the following, very specifically please.........

1. Did you OR did you not provide your birth certificates with the original I485 filing ?
2. Did you or did you not provide an employment verification letter with the original I485 filing ?

What I want to know is.....Are RFE\'s generated because.....

1. Documents were not provided ?
2. Documents were incorrect ?

Is there a situation where an RFE was generated and asked for a document which was submitted with the original I485 filing ?

FYI, I am a little worried about the birth certificate issue....

all replies appreciated,
thanx,
inferno1970

RFE

I think RFE is issued on a random basis. we had submitted the birth certificates and then they issued a rfe stating that we had submitted an affidavit(God knows how they got that). whereas someone else had submitted an affidavit and they were approved. surpising , god knows how they work.

RFE 2/27 RD 4/18

RFE\'d on 2/27. Asked for 5 years W2 and tax return, letter of employment + lawyer asked for company finacial background and new G28 form because INS lost it (form or representation).

The entire package will be sent back Monday 3/11. Let\'s see how long it takes.

What is your take?

Sorry for the delayed response

Hi ak1970

The non-availability certificate has standard prescribed format which will be given by municipality ( I am not sure how this works out in village cases ).

I took the format of parents affidavits from www.immihelp.com

Hope this helps.

Tamizhan

Yes........ my friend

In my case one of the RFE details wanted was most recent 4 years W2s and Tax docs ( which I am damn sure my lawyer submitted at the time of filing ). So here is the gist :
RFE may be for :
1. random picks, if INS suspects something,
2. missing documentation
3. if the company had recent layoffs ( and more specifically if its one of the big companies, then it will be in the news also )
4. god knows what reasons.

Again the specific doc they want is purely the discretion of the officer adjudicating your case. I really don\'t think there is no hard and fast rule. Let\'s pray god and keep our fingers crossed for all RFEr\'s to get approved without much hassle and all the rest of the folks to get approved without RFE/local office Interview at the earliest.

Tamizhan

Sorry for the delayed response

Hi ak1970

The non-availability certificate has standard prescribed format which will be given by municipality ( I am not sure how this works out in village cases ).

I took the format of parents affidavits from www.immihelp.com

Hope this helps.

Tamizhan

Question for Tamizhan

I\'ve been following this forum for a while. Just wanted to know more on Birth Certificate.

Is your BC based on Form No-9 (Rule 9) of the Dept of Health & Family Welfare of Tamil Nadu Govt?

Just wanted to make sure. I think you had mentioned form 8 or something.thanks

Follow-up Question for Tamizhan

Tamizhan,

There are two places in Birth Certificate that year is mentioned. Your date of registration is sometime in 2001. But from which year\'s register your birth information was taken. This is specified

" This is to certify that the following information has been taken from the original record of birth which is in the register for
 YYYY of local area ......."

Form 5 ( Rule 8 )

Hi sl1214

My BC is based on Form 5 ( Rule 8 ). I believe this is what made the Adjudicating officer raise an RFE for this. I think ( again I am not an expert on GOI rules & regulations, but just guessing ) Form 5 is issued for Birth certificate\'s that were registered at later dates ( I think by rule, all birth\'s after 1969 should be registered within 10 days of birth ). That\'s why I got Form 5, in which the date of registration is showing as 17/05/2001, but the "This is to certify the following info is taken from original record of birth/death..." para does not mention any specific dates in my case.

Not sure if this info is enough for you.

Tamizhan

No Title

Great response, Tamizhan. Thanks a lot. I\'m not an expert on this either. Was just doing some follow-up. thanks again

Company status is the major factor

I believe the company financial situation is the major factor. Among other things asked for my RFE, there was the company last balance sheet. Like all the larger coorporations, we have had a few hundreds layoff (not so many). This is what they are looking for.

It didn\'t help to change lawayer at the last minute either, the new one (choose by the company) is at least a very smart and proactive one.

let\'s keep our fingers crossed!

cartaverde

I can understand your pain/anger/frustration

But look at this from the point of the CSC Officer

How can he deny your case

You have all the documents - you are employed by the company which is sponsored your gc application

Hence there is no way they can deny your case

They will maximum ask for documents which will show that you are employed and after 2-4 weeks of receipt of documents they will approve your case.

You have waited for so long and my guess is this will not take much longer

In Hindi they say "Haathi to nikal gaya hai baaki rahi poonch"
Translated in english "The Elephant has passed through the needle, now remains the tail"
The major period of time from Labor certification to I-140 to 485 processing is over - now remains only 4 weeks more.

Soon you will be approved - Call me also for your celebration -

My good wishes and thoughts will be with you.

Anybody With RFE received by INS after 02/27 approved

Hi
  According to earlier messages I foubd that TSCCSC485 case was approved on 03/08 who\'s RFE response was received by INS on 02/27. Is there any RFE case later than this date has been approved? My RFE response was received by INS on 02/28 but still waiting for approval.