RFE Thread

gcking

Registered Users (C)
Tamizhan,ScorpianRaj,Pban etc ..lets start tracking all the RFE to figure out how much time it is taking here is my info:
RD: 5/18, ND: 7/18, WAC 01-236-xxxxx, Jan 4 resumed, RFE on Feb27 for % years of W2, 3 pay stubs and employment verification letter.

Also does anybody else who got RFE for for employment verification letter know exactly what is written on the RFE notice. I just wanted to make sure if INS was sending some general message asking for these items or if they were "customized" for an induvidual case.

Mine says "Submit a recent letter from prospective employer on their original letterhead (not photocopy) showing that they are still offering you the position. If you were a self petitioner,submit an offer of employment from a prospective employer that indicates the position, salary/wage, and duties to be performed."

Anybody else with this kind of message.....

This is a good method

I have been maintaining an Recent approval thread

I hope one of you rfe guys maintains an rfe thread and does the same thing like I have been doing

makes a copy of all messages and posts them there

This will be a help to all rfe guys

RFE#2 - Tamizhan; RFE sent on 02/27;

Hi

This is really nice.
RD : 06/12
ND : 08/17
WAC : WAC-260-XXXXX
FP : 10/30 ( Scheduled for 11/27 )
Already have EAD & AP
Before RFE message : On Dec. 29th Processing resumed.
RFE for 4 years Tax docs, W2s, Empolyment Verification Letter, 4 most recent pay stubs,
and birth certificate registered at the time of birth ( This I am supplying only non-availability certificate & parents affidavits, as my birth was registered only last year based on non-availability cert and parents affidavits ).

I have supplied all relevant docs to lawyer on 03/07th; Hopefully they should send RFE reply by 3/11 or 3/12.

Let us keep each other posted.

Tamizhan

Sheshi - INS received response on 3/4/2002

RD - 4/1/2001
ND - 4/23/2002

FP - 10/9/2001

RFE (Self) - 4 Paystubs, last 2 year W2s
RFE (Wife) - X-ray to negate +\'ve skin test (she was pregnant at the time of Medical)

Issued - 2/9/2002
Received by lawyer - 2/14/2002
Sent reply to lawyer - 2/18/2002
lawyer sent the reply to INS - 2/20/2002
AVM updated ack RFE receiving - 3/4/2002

still waiting

Scoprionraj - INS Received RFE Response On 02/28

Hi
 Following are my details
 RD : 04/26
 ND : 06/26
 FP : 10/20
 RFE Issued : 02/09
 RFE Document : W2 for 2001 & Employment Verification Letter
 RFE Received By lawyer : 02/14
 RFE Response Sent : 02/15
 RFE Reply Received By INS : 02/28
 waiting for approval...
Good Luck Friends !!!

My RFE Details

RD 07/02
ND 08/24
rfe on 02/28
recd on /3/04
mailed back on 03/05. Rfe was for w2 , employment verification and last 4 pay stubs. for my wife and child birth certificate.

anraktan,

when u say rfe was on 28th feb - is it that the avm message said so or did u talk to an IIO? I am trying to estimate when actually I might get the notice in hand. MY Rd is July 2nd too. I talked to the IIO today and she said that they RFE\'d y\'day (3/6). I hope I will get the notice soon and I can act on it at the earliest.

Also, did u recv a notice at home or did only ur lawyer recv it?

Thanks
bvm

RFE details of KumarSunil ( RD:05/16/2K1, ND: 07/19/2K1, FP: 10/20/2K1 )

RFE Received: 03/05 (By Attorney)
RFE About: Non-avail of Birth Certificate & 3 PayStubs
Attorney replied RFE on 03/07.
AVM Still: "On Dec 29, Processing,..."
I obtained a Fax Copy of nonavail certificate from India on 03/06, fax was not clear, so I got two copies of it and even the 2nd one was not clear. Lawyer responded RFE with those two copies and pay stub copies. I fear I may get second RFE about copy not clear. I am getting the origianl in FedEx. what do u think guys ?

Here are my RFE details

It\'s really good method to keep track of RFE cases.

My details :

RD : 4/30
ND : 6/28
RFE issued on Feb 13, 2002.
RFE issued to submit : 1. Certificate for non-availibility of birth certificate 2. 3 most recent pay stubs.

I am trying to get document (1) from India. Hopefully I will get it next week.
In my case, Lawyer did not receive actual RFE letter from INS, because he did not notify INS of his (lawyer\'s) office address change. However, he could get RFE by fax from INS, through his contact over INS.

--Pban

Boy your lawyer is just too fast..

But still if I were you, I would have waited for the decent copy of the Non-availability certificate. Anyway, let\'s hope for the best.

Tamizhan

Good luck guys

I don\'t think there is anything fundamentally wrong with
your cases. Government organizations are notorious
for randomly inspecting cases in more detail.
Take for instance the IRS.

I\'ll cross my fingers, legs and everything else for you.

tamizhan pls replay this

If you already submitted recently registered BC, how and from where did you managed to get non-availability of birth certificate. My case is quite similar to yours. I tried getting no-availiability certificate for munucipal corporation and they denied and suggested me to resister mine as well my wife\'s birth. So I droped the idea of having affidavit + non-availability of BC and submitted the recently registered BC. I am quite sure that I am going to get RFE thats why wanted to have ur opinion.

rfe for birth certificates

hi

we r waiting for the nonavailability certificates from india.if the date of birth in passport is a village is it ok if the president of the village issues the certificate?

and why in the format there is a clause "according to hindu marriage act...etc" is that necessary?

please post ur ideas.

thnx

here are the details..

Hi

I wanted to register my birth and get birth certificate. When we enquired at the municipal office, they told us that we need to give the address of actual birth ( since my birth was at home and not hospital ). Then we went to court and got a approval from the magistrate to search for any birth registration on my birth date at the given address. Since there was no birth registered on my birth date from the place of my birth, the local municipality gave a non-availability certificate.

Now based on the non-availability, my parents went to court to swear the affidavit that I am their son and the birth was not registered at the time of birth and we wanted it to be registered now. After 5 attempts, the judicial magistrate validated all our records ( our ration card, my original school leaving certificate, my dad\'s employment records ) ( Trust me all this was done in a very formal way. I didn\'t spend a single penny bribing anybody. ) and then the judicial magistrate signed on our parents affidavits and also he issued a notice to the local municipality to register my birth.

My parents then registered my birth based on above 2 facts and then got the actual certificate 2 weeks later. Probably if I had taken the quick route ( bribing to get stuff done ), I might probably have got my GC itself a few months back .

My I-140(EB2) got cleared in jan 2001 and was able to file I-485 only in June because of this whole birth certificate mess. Now I am struggling for being honest. But its OK. Afterall, I waited outside Chennai consulate for 5 full days to get my first H1B. I don\'t know how many more tricks god has. That was my story. Sorry if I have bored everyone.

Good luck to you.
Tamizhan

can u ask them to scan and send it as an email attachment?

just a thought. ie how I did mine when I applied for 485.
good luck.
-s

scan

they may ask u how to scan it

I remember I faxed a document to my home computer leaving it on fax answer mode and then saving the document as a tiff or jpeg file

Also In India there are many Internet cafes who will scan the document for you.

RFE not yet recceived

RD: 07/13/01
ND: 08/28/01
FP: 01/11/02

AVM says RFE issued on 02/28
no RFE for spouse
lawyer has not received it yet

Pban, could you post details about getting RFE info by fax from INS
if I dont hear anything during the next week I may need to pursuade my lawyer to do the same